How Often Do You Regrip?

It really is pretty easy to do with minimal tools. I have a basic shaft clamp and a hook blade utility knife. No gripping station or anything like that. Used to do it with less prior to building the garage.

I'll do my own if I have the grips on hand. I will still have the store do them sometimes if I'm there. I have the practice membership at PGATSS and they comp the installation on grips purchased there, so it's not bad. Had better luck there than at golf galaxy.
Quite honestly I hadn't played enough to warrant the investment haha even though it isnt much of an investment cost wise. But with the trend Im on, I can see myself adding a set up soon

Im afraid to post this response...

In the 10 years that I've had my clubs, I have not regripped once.. I am ashamed of myself, but honesty is the only way.

Real talk, I'm getting ready to regrip my set haha.

At least once per year i will get new grips.

Only when I feel like they need it. It's not that often, maybe every 2-3 seasons - grips hold up pretty well at my play frequency (30-40 rounds a season).

As needed (2-3 years) or when I get tired of a particular grip or want to try something new.

I play 150+ rounds a year, plus practice. I regrip every couple of years. I clean my grips and gloves regularly and that does a great job of extending the life of my grips/gloves.

Every 100 rounds which is usually every year except the clubs which enter the bag mid year.

Since I got my clubs (used) in 2018, I have only changed my driver grip because it was falling apart.
I will change as needed but I wasn't playing enough over the past few years to need a regrip.

I've never played enough rounds to wear my grips out so... never.🤷‍♂️

When I lived in TX it was at least 2x per year. Now in WI its once per year.

About every two years or so.

Wait, What, those things come off??? Actually I change them at the start of the third season unless one or two show signs of excessive wear or some damage. If it's more than a couple of clubs I'll change them all, if not just the ones that need it.

Usually once a year

Fresh of the same, never. They last for ages. The only time I regrip is if I'm building a new setup or want to make a change. No rhyme or reason to that timeline.

Every year before the season starts.

Yearly

I’m about every other year. Mine are absolutely due!

Definitely not often enough, based on my own thinking. Glad for this thread!

As often as possible. Like the feel of New grips. Used to try a variety of grips. Now, I am sticking with Lamkin Sonars.

If I answer this question I’ll be judged… I’ll refrain, but I’ve tested a lot of grips.

I'd regrip my putters a lot more if golf pride would restock their tour van SNSR firm.

I havent played much, so havent in a while. When i am playing more, i typically would once a year.

I don't know if I've ever HAD to regrip. I have only made a complete swap once most of the time is on the purchase of a new club.

If I answer this question I’ll be judged… I’ll refrain, but I’ve tested a lot of grips.

This is a safe space Dax. :LOL:

Every two years. Have them done before the season starts.

Back