Srixon Z-STAR DIAMOND Golf Balls

This ball off the tee is fantastic. The difference in feel between this and the Z-star is noticeable especially off putter. Z-star still spins more for me around the greens and I validated that today.

I wonder if I should try these tomorrow in the wind and see how they do..

This ball off the tee is fantastic. The difference in feel between this and the Z-star is noticeable especially off putter. Z-star still spins more for me around the greens and I validated that today.
I think I get more elevation with my irons and the Diamond over the reg Z Star.

I would love to give this ball a really good tryout, but ultimately, I want to be in a ball that is offered in yellow. It doesn’t make sense to me that the other two Z Stars are offered in both yellow and Divide, yet the Diamond is not.

Last edited:
I think these are next up on my list to try. Might try to find some before I run out of the Z Star XV to compare head to head.

I would love to give this ball a really good tryout, but ultimately, I want to be in a ball that is offered in yellow. It doesn’t make sense to me that the other two Z Stars are offered in both yellow and Divide, yet the Diamond is not.
Is it better to offer it but not actually have them available, or just not offer them?

Is it better to offer it but not actually have them available, or just not offer them?
Are those the only choices? I know that Bridgestone indicates that the Tour B X and XS are available in yellow, but there is no stock. I know that I cannot find CS X in yellow. If I knew that they likely would come at some point, I could try a ball and decide if it fits my game, but then wait to stock up until the preferred color comes in. So, I say your first option is better.

Are those the only choices? I know that Bridgestone indicates that the Tour B X and XS are available in yellow, but there is no stock. I know that I cannot find CS X in yellow. If I knew that they likely would come at some point, I could try a ball and decide if it fits my game, but then wait to stock up until the preferred color comes in. So, I say your first option is better.
Wait, what?! Lol

No stock, can't find, no info on when, so can't even plan for them, but better??

Supply chain issues suck.. I prefer a yellow ball as well. Having it but not having any stock and not having it at all are really the same thing. I spoke to a srixon rep Monday the diamonds are gone. What is on the shelves, or storerooms is what there will be till essentially the end of the year. If you like the ball, go pick up a few more dozens.

Supply chain issues suck.. I prefer a yellow ball as well. Having it but not having any stock and not having it at all are really the same thing. I spoke to a srixon rep Monday the diamonds are gone. What is on the shelves, or storerooms is what there will be till essentially the end of the year. If you like the ball, go pick up a few more dozens.
I saw a stack in my local store yesterday. Maybe I should go grab them and they will become an appreciating asset due to scarcity.

Supply chain issues suck.. I prefer a yellow ball as well.

Aging sucks more than supply chain issues. I really like to see my ball flight when it is hazy, LOL.

Yeah, they were gone FAST. Noelle had said they were totally sold out last month. From Srixon at least. What's out there is all there is. If you like them, get what you can.

Last edited:
Played in some better conditions over the weekend and finally saw some spin around the green but Z-star was noticeably better and I prefer the softer feel. I have 2 sleeves left and will use them but am pretty certain this will not be my gamer this year...at least at the moment.

Played in some better conditions over the weekend and finally saw some spin around the green but Z-star was noticeably better and I prefer the softer feel. I have 2 sleeves left and will use them but am pretty certain this will not be my gamer this year...at least at the moment.
If you want to donate some sleeves...I'd like to try that ball out 😉

I'll have to check, but I might have some regular Z-Star's to trade

How would you compare driver and full iron distance between the Diamond and standard Z Star?

I'll have to check, but I might have some regular Z-Star's to trade
I have plenty of regular ones I just wanted to try the new ball. Its fine, I just prefer the softer feel and added spin around the greens. Or maybe its just because I haven't played in anything warmer than 63 degrees yet. I'm going to hang onto them for warmer weather and see what happens.

How would you compare driver and full iron distance between the Diamond and standard Z Star?
I think I'm getting a few more yards out of driver, irons are about the same distance wise but I feel like the flight is higher with these and it really spins up on me into the wind. I hit a 5 iron this weekend that was about 40yds shorter than it should have been haha

20220509_135004.jpg

They are not sold out here..

Who is the targeted mortal golfer for this ball?

I think it fits the player that likes/wants a high compression high spin ball. It will come down to preferences from there.

I don't think mortal or not has much to do with it. It's for people that like XV but want a little more spin or for it not to feel like a rock.

I don't think mortal or not has much to do with it. It's for people that like XV but want a little more spin or for it not to feel like a rock.
I just meant jokingly that I know Koepka plays it (although he hasn’t been on the leader board much since he put in play. Is he still on the Tour?).

Do you think that the Diamond generates similar ball speeds as the XV on driver and full swing irons? There aren’t many balls that go farther off driver for me than the XV.

Back