Callaway Rogue ST MAX Hybrids and Irons

In my round last night it was warm but windy and my ball striking with the Rogue irons was solid once again. I feel like I just need to turn from the top and trust the irons and then be rewarded. I previously played a big hook but I'm seeing a very straight ball flight which is easy to fade when necessary.

I pulled the Rogue Pro 3 hybrid a few times and it seems automatic for me. I'm getting a straight ball flight with an occasional slight draw and am getting 205+ yards even when not struck perfectly. On tight driving holes this is what I find myself grabbing every time

I have a few rounds in and wanted to share my thoughts on the Rogue ST Max version.

Rogue St Max Irons All.jpg Rogue St Max irons 3.jpg

I know some here would look at the Max and Max OS versions and think they are a bit chunky for their tastes. And while that may be true, for anyone with a mid to upper handicap I would say you need to seriously consider these.

I am seeing a nice mid-ball flight in the longer irons and a higher ball flight in the shorter scoring irons. The two things I like most about these irons are the forgiveness and the turf interaction.

I have previously stated my mishits are going to be on the toe side. When I hit these clean on the screws they just fly so true. However, I don't hit dead center on most shots, so when I feel the toe a bit more the ball doesn't lose a ton of distance. I maybe lose 2-5 yards on my off-center shots. Speaking of feel, the ball feels so clean when hitting off these irons. My biggest complaint with my irons from last year was how bad an off-center shot felt off the club. It would just not feel like I was hitting it solidly. This year with the Rogue St Max irons, even on my Toe hits the ball just feels like it's going to go.

As for the turf interaction, the Max irons have a wider bottom sole. Actually, on my AW it almost looks like a sand wedge. I could see how that would rub some the wrong way, but these are built to help a golfer like myself that needs all the help I can get when contacting the ground and launching into the air. I don't take many divots. I come in too shallow or hit a bit behind the ball. With the wider sole, I just feel like the club moves thru the turf better and I hit more on the bottom of the ball. My9i thru AW can really launch the ball high when needed.

These are a must demo for anyone looking at game improvement irons this year.

I have a few rounds in and wanted to share my thoughts on the Rogue ST Max version.

View attachment 9087571 View attachment 9087572

I know some here would look at the Max and Max OS versions and think they are a bit chunky for their tastes. And while that may be true, for anyone with a mid to upper handicap I would say you need to seriously consider these.

I am seeing a nice mid-ball flight in the longer irons and a higher ball flight in the shorter scoring irons. The two things I like most about these irons are the forgiveness and the turf interaction.

I have previously stated my mishits are going to be on the toe side. When I hit these clean on the screws they just fly so true. However, I don't hit dead center on most shots, so when I feel the toe a bit more the ball doesn't lose a ton of distance. I maybe lose 2-5 yards on my off-center shots. Speaking of feel, the ball feels so clean when hitting off these irons. My biggest complaint with my irons from last year was how bad an off-center shot felt off the club. It would just not feel like I was hitting it solidly. This year with the Rogue St Max irons, even on my Toe hits the ball just feels like it's going to go.

As for the turf interaction, the Max irons have a wider bottom sole. Actually, on my AW it almost looks like a sand wedge. I could see how that would rub some the wrong way, but these are built to help a golfer like myself that needs all the help I can get when contacting the ground and launching into the air. I don't take many divots. I come in too shallow or hit a bit behind the ball. With the wider sole, I just feel like the club moves thru the turf better and I hit more on the bottom of the ball. My9i thru AW can really launch the ball high when needed.

These are a must demo for anyone looking at game improvement irons this year.

I'm playing the Mas OS irons this year (6 iron - GW). I have only had them in play for a couple of weeks but I'm very happy with them so far, I have them with the Cypher shafts. That's been a good combination for me as far as launch. And the forgiveness is there. Off center hits still achieve good distance.

I too recommend them for anyone considering a GI or SGI iron.

I'm still in full on love with my Apex irons, but man the ST Pros look awesome.

Tested the ST Pro with the Project X LZ today, and fell in love. Like absolutely fell in love.
Now I need to order some new shafts….

Finally got out with Mrs Doubleb21 to try out her new clubs. Such a tremendous difference for her on course. She only hits balls left for the entire round. Better ball flight and the dispersion is off the charts for her. She will still need a few more rounds to dial in her distances the initial round was awesome. The Max OS lites fit her well.

The Rogue ST Max OS 3 hybrid just continues to perform and is undoubtedly for me and where my game is the best, most consistent hybrid I have ever played. A couple weeks in it continues to perform with essentially a straight ball flight at a perfect height with good distance. My problem over the years with hybrid has been it was feast or famine . I would hit good shots and then out of nowhere the left hook would pop up at the worst possible time. This club really just wants to go straight and with good contact it is straight and long .For the situations I use a three hybrid im not trying to work it rather just trying to hit it straight with some distance , find the fairway and avoid trouble. This does that perfectly.

Last edited:
The Rogue Pro 3 hybrid has become my go to on right driving holes and also when I need distance from the fairway or rough. This has locked up a spot in the bag!

Hit the range today had been struggling with my irons/hybrids of late but worked that out over the last few weeks which I felt held back really scoring low for me. Started hitting shots really consistently thanks to straightening up my posture as I had been slouching but these iron feel so well when hitting the ball square on the face the face reacts really well. Have been hitting really nice high baby fades with these irons and love the flight and how consistent the shots have been time after time. Looking forward to rounds in the next two days to see these on course with the CSX expect nothing but good things heading into the rounds.

Hit the range today had been struggling with my irons/hybrids of late but worked that out over the last few weeks which I felt held back really scoring low for me. Started hitting shots really consistently thanks to straightening up my posture as I had been slouching but these iron feel so well when hitting the ball square on the face the face reacts really well. Have been hitting really nice high baby fades with these irons and love the flight and how consistent the shots have been time after time. Looking forward to rounds in the next two days to see these on course with the CSX expect nothing but good things heading into the rounds.

which irons are you using @Golfers Anonymous?

Wandered into the Pro’s, tiered Swing Weighted, 3/8” increments, 1 degree upright, with Grip Master Roo’s 2 wraps Std.
Are teh Pros already pretty upright or fairly standard?

Are teh Pros already pretty upright or fairly standard?
Std for what it can be in the industry, they’re specs are a half degree flat to the Max’s

Thanks. That helps
Rogue ST Pro 62.0
Rogue ST Max 62.5
Rogue ST Max OS 62.5
Mizuno JPX 921 Forged 61.5
Srixon ZX5 62.0
Cobra Forged Tech 63.0

Have the Rogue ST Max OS 3 hybrid and love it. Picked up the Rogue ST Max OS 5 hybrid to use instead of a 4 or 5 iron. Tried it today. As easy as the 3 is to hit this is even better. It wants to go straight and it is effortless. For me with a 4 and 5 iron for every good or great shot there would also come costly misses. I had hesitated to try this but now I am glad that I did. Both the 3 and the 5 have the stock Mitsubishi Tensei 75 gram stiff shaft and the shaft is super smooth and pairs well with these hybrids.

Another round yesterday with the Rogue Max irons. Hit a beautiful 6i 164 out of the right rough to reach the green.

The Rogue are incredibly easy to get up in the air. These are far superior than my last year model of the Sim2 irons. More forgiving and easier to get up.

Another round yesterday with the Rogue Max irons. Hit a beautiful 6i 164 out of the right rough to reach the green.

The Rogue are incredibly easy to get up in the air. These are far superior than my last year model of the Sim2 irons. More forgiving and easier to get up.
The 6 and 5 irons are easy to elevate which is really enjoyable as I’ve tended to struggle in the past with getting elevation on these clubs.

*Skimmer Alert*
Tried to look through the thread.
Any comparisons between the original Rogue X iron and the Rogue ST Max Irons.
Will 4 years between the sets make the much of a difference to get pick a new set?

*Skimmer Alert*
Tried to look through the thread.
Any comparisons between the original Rogue X iron and the Rogue ST Max Irons.
Will 4 years between the sets make the much of a difference to get pick a new set?
Not sure as I hadn’t played the original Rogues but with the new face design, and ability to move so much weight with the tungsten one would think you owe it to yourself to tryout at least. Plus can you put a price on happiness 😁

Not sure as I hadn’t played the original Rogues but with the new face design, and ability to move so much weight with the tungsten one would think you owe it to yourself to tryout at least. Plus can you put a price on happiness 😁

Testing
84123E6F-194B-44B6-A13F-C18AEF83B7F7.jpeg

Back