Honma TW757 S Driver Review

ddec

I have many leather-bound books
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
The Driver
Earlier this spring, Honma unveiled their T//World TW757 collection, including two drivers, fairway woods, hybrids, and three sets of irons. Honma is known for craftsmanship, so it should be no surprise that this collection looks stunning from the top down. But Honma is not just a pretty face, as there is plenty of technology to talk about, especially regarding the TW757 S driver, so let’s dive in.

Continue reading...

Nice write up @ddec - overall a very good looking driver. I wonder if the loss of 10 CC's really make a performance difference and that new carbon slot to me just adds to the fancy.

Do you why they choose to go 10cc smaller? I doubt it is really that much of a difference in size overall when put against a max 460 driver.

I like that they went a bit smaller with this one. More for shaping than anything, but in the photos it looks really good. The Vizard shaft line in general has been one that I have enjoyed, although softer tip and longer might not be for me. That is an easy fix however. This is one that I am really looking forward to spending more time with.

Great review. Great looking driver there.

Great write up @ddec. I like the shape of this one too.

That’s a really good write up there @ddec , is a lovely looking driver. I don’t think I’ve ever actually seen a Honma driver in real life anywhere, is good to see what they’re putting out.

• Staff
Nice write up @ddec - overall a very good looking driver. I wonder if the loss of 10 CC's really make a performance difference and that new carbon slot to me just adds to the fancy.

Do you why they choose to go 10cc smaller? I doubt it is really that much of a difference in size overall when put against a max 460 driver.

I think the 10cc smaller helps them make a driver shape that looks more on the classic side. They’ve previously offered multiple sized heads in their TW lineup so it kind just fits with their past too.

looks great at address in the pics. i can't help but feel like there's a good bit of rehashed tech in this one, and nothing that pops out at me to differentiate from the competition. particularly at that price point.

This one looks really good - the Beres stuff and the Honma irons I feel get most of the press, but the woods are sneaky good. I think it was the 737 series I tried, but the hybrid and driver were absurdly good.

Something about the shaping is just perfect to me. I know that's something that they call out in their promotional material - that they still spend time designing by hand, and I think it does help.

Thank you for the write-up, @ddec . I tuned in because I played the TR20 for a few months when they were closing them out. I also picked up a Vizard specialized shaft that kept the launch down. Don't know your opinion of the flex, but I went from R to S flex as I thought the Vizard played a bit soft to flex. I enjoyed the TR20 but I noticed, as did my instructor, that it was not as efficient with smash factor. And I know smash factor is not everything and that driver had good feel, similar weighting, and was easy to hit well. And from your review, it seems Honma went for faster ball speeds with this driver. I am thinking that even though the 757 has 10cc slimmed from it in comparison, that it is still very forgiving. An interesting quality driver, and the spine alignment of the shaft and adjustment is unusual but easy once you adjust a few times. Honma makes an excellent product.

Last edited:
Holy crap that looks good. And, it might be right up my alley….uh oh.

Awesome review Dean. This driver looks really good to me. I seem to have a little more success for some reason with drivers slightly under 460. I also really like what I read about their spine and adjustability system. I don't like it when hosel adjustments change the shaft orientation.

Nice job @ddec. It's a sexy looking driver with some cool tech. The carbon pad on the sole is pretty neat and the P-SAT adjustment sleeve is pretty cool in how it works.

Interesting that there is no alignment marker on the top of the head.

Good stuff. It looks pretty good. Clean top if you don't mind seeing carbon mesh. The adjustability mechanism is interesting.

I think I’m going to find one of these in the next few days to take a few swings with.

Really like the shape and look of these. Impressive looking driver. Some neat tech built into it as well. Interesting use of carbon fiber for the slot. Love seeing companies trying sifferent things like that. Pretty cool. Nice write up!!

Great write up @ddec ! At North of $700, it priced itself out of my budget. The sound is surprising. You would almost bet with that much carbon fiber, it would be fairly muted.

Looks really good. Would be fun to try some Honma woods one of these days.

I want to hit one.

Great write up @ddec ! At North of $700, it priced itself out of my budget. The sound is surprising. You would almost bet with that much carbon fiber, it would be fairly muted.

Maybe it’s more noticeable because Callaway nailed the muted sound of the Rogue St line, but this is louder. Not nearly anything crazy, but certainly louder than I would have thought with all that carbon.

I have the TR20 with the Vizard FP7 shaft and it kicked my Ping G400 out the bag, which I thought would never happen. I recommend waiting six months after the launch and the price will plummet, which is sad. I did the same on my TR20p irons… which if you haven’t hit a Honma iron, you need to

I have the TR20 with the Vizard FP7 shaft and it kicked my Ping G400 out the bag, which I thought would never happen. I recommend waiting six months after the launch and the price will plummet, which is sad. I did the same on my TR20p irons… which if you haven’t hit a Honma iron, you need to

my tr20v are some of the best i’ve ever played.

Maybe it’s more noticeable because Callaway nailed the muted sound of the Rogue St line, but this is louder. Not nearly anything crazy, but certainly louder than I would have thought with all that carbon.

I think the Beres is 100% titanium, so it's not apples-to-apples, but that thing is loud. Not offensively so - it's a relatively pleasant higher pitched sound. But it's loud. Wonder if that's a preference from the folks at Honma. Turn some heads on those quadruple decker driving ranges over there in Japan.

Back