Tour Edge Exotics C722 Fairway Wood Review

I am biased towards the C722. I think it would work well off the tee and deck.
My biggest concern right now is gapping. Off the tee I am pretty set with the two drivers, but my next club is a hybrid and something in that 20 degree spot and jumping from there to the 4 hybrid might be a better option. I might pick one up and do some testing.

My biggest concern right now is gapping. Off the tee I am pretty set with the two drivers, but my next club is a hybrid and something in that 20 degree spot and jumping from there to the 4 hybrid might be a better option. I might pick one up and do some testing.
I think an E722 21° would be a good contender for that spot...it will have a really shallow face, but that's better for off the turf

I'm a big fan of the flight I am seeing with this. The sound is still unique, that "plunk" is not what I am used to, but darn it does the ball go and just hold it's line.

That’s not an easy one to answer. I was looking over the options on Tour Edge’s website and there are plenty of them.

Just returned from my golf trip. Course was in great shape, rough was thick, I had plenty of opportunities to put the C722 fairway through it’s paces.
Off the tee ( the 2nd hole #1 handicap, on the course we play is where this got the most usage) into the wind, narrow landing area, miss right you have trees, miss left, you have thick rough, sloped lie towards a pond. The C722 performed beautifully. Of the 9 times I used it I was 6/9 with fairways hit. Very penetrating ball flight, distance was comparable with the driver (around 230 average).
From the fairway, this club did exactly what you hope a fairway wood should do. Easy to pick from the fairway, great distance, allowed me to “shorten” the long par 5’s and gave me chances at GIR all week long.
The rough… this is where I was very pleasantly surprised. The rough was thick, where the ball settled down and made it hard to see unless you were right on top of it. The C722 got through the rough with no issues, the ball would “pop” right out with good distance and held its line beautifully. Distance was obviously shorter than from the fairway but the ease that this club cut through the rough instilled a great deal of confidence. Even the couple of balls I chunked came out easily and straight 😊.
A couple of my playing partners asked about this and even put a few swings on it themselves. They came away very impressed with one saying “ well, looks like I’m getting a new fairway wood when I get home!”

I have been debating a higher lofted fairway wood to follow my 2nd driver.
In my bag right now is a Tour Edge XCG7 21 degree 7 wood. It is one of my favorite clubs. It is much easier to hit off the fairway than any other club I’ve tried. It is an extremely reliable club. 8 out of 10 times I hit it well. Arccos tells me that over the last year my Smart Distance is 205 yards and my Smart range is 197-209 yards.

It will soon be replaced by a Cobra LTDx 22.5 degree 7 wood that will be set at -1.5 For the Morgan Cup.

I will admit that the thought of replacing the Tour Edge 7 wood causes me some real anxiety and fear because it has been so good.

I hit my C722 driver primarily off the tee but hit the C722 13* 3w a few times. I’m working on a slight grip change so I feel more comfortable with the larger face of the driver. I’ve said it in this thread before, but the 3w is an absolute bomber. On one of the holes I hit the driver and the 3w off the tee, I hit a really good one with the driver—a nice fade against the wind right down the middle. With the 3w I hit a slight draw and while it rode the wind through the fairway and into the trees, I’m pretty sure it flew where my tee shot with the driver.
I seem to catch one or two of these per round that are just silly long.

4/5 on fairways with the C722 13* today. It's a beast off the tee, what can I say? I feel very confident with it in hand on the tee and not giving up much distance from the driver. Had my first experience needing to hit it off the deck during the course of play and hit it well--just missed the green and ended up in a greenside bunker--was pleased with the result.

4/5 on fairways with the C722 13* today. It's a beast off the tee, what can I say? I feel very confident with it in hand on the tee and not giving up much distance from the driver. Had my first experience needing to hit it off the deck during the course of play and hit it well--just missed the green and ended up in a greenside bunker--was pleased with the result.
Still playing it at the 13° loft or have you adjusted it?

Still playing it at the 13° loft or have you adjusted it?
I switched it up a little higher on the sim, and ended up keeping it at 13*. I think that's the best setting for me.

Just picked up a C722 5W with Ventus Red R Flex to see it it can win the battle against Rogue ST LS with a 55 AV Blue R shaft in it.
With a 30 playable guarantee it was a no brainer. Heck, the UPS label TE uses has the return label incorporated in it.
First thoughts is that is has has the EX10 Beta look to it - Like the full face of white lines.
Should be able to get out on Sunday to a TopTracer Range and compare the two.

Just picked up a C722 5W with Ventus Red R Flex to see it it can win the battle against Rogue ST LS with a 55 AV Blue R shaft in it.
With a 30 playable guarantee it was a no brainer. Heck, the UPS label TE uses has the return label incorporated in it.
First thoughts is that is has has the EX10 Beta look to it - Like the full face of white lines.
Looking forward to your thoughts. The 30 day playability is an awesome feature.

Well my first range session with this club did not go as planned.
About halfway through the session, the shaft snapped in half.
TBH it wasn’t unexpected.
When I first got the club, I bent the shaft (Like we all do) to feel the flex. I heard a distinct ”Crackling“ noise. Thought that was weird to hear that. I assure you I’m not @blugold ”Strong”

Called Tour Edge and they are sending me a new shaft, this one will be a Tensei Raw Blue 65 R. No questions asked.
I play 55 in my driver so I think I read a tweet from @vgolfman that the unwritten rule is that your fairway should be 10 grams heavier than your shaft in your driver.

The other Rogue ST I’m testing are in the 60 gram range and I seem to hit them better.
Should see it next week.

When I first got the club, I bent the shaft (Like we all do) to feel the flex. I heard a distinct ”Crackling“ noise. Thought that was weird to hear that. I assure you I’m not @blugold ”Strong”

Called Tour Edge and they are sending me a new shaft, this one will be a Tensei Raw Blue 65 R. No questions asked.
I play 55 in my driver so I think I read a tweet from @vgolfman that the unwritten rule is that your fairway should be 10 grams heavier than your shaft in your driver.

The other Rogue ST I’m testing are in the 60 gram range and I seem to hit them better.
Should see it next week.
TE customer service is very good...sucks that the new club broke so quickly 😟

Should see it next week.
I broke the shaft in my E722 driver. Maybe, you are blugold strong.

Digging trenches with it?
No, it was only a dozen or so swings at a driving range. I'm guessing it was just one that made it through QA that shouldn't have, oh well

Should see it next week.
General guideline that often works, including for tour players, is to take a driver shaft you love and use the 10 gram heavier version for your fairway woods. Very safe starting point to a fitting and the safest ending point if you are not able to test/get fit for your fairway woods. Not that anyone needs to do what I do, but I have a 60g shaft in my driver, 70g in the 3-wood, 80g in the Apex UW (which is basically a shorter 5-wood for me), a 95g shaft in my 🦄 4-iron and then 110g shafts in my 5-9 irons/wedges, all graphite.

Last edited:
I’ve just begun looking at fairways to replace a TM High Launch that I’ve had forever.
The club itself might be too much for my puny game but man it sits so nicely when you set it up. It screams hit me!!

I’ve just begun looking at fairways to replace a TM High Launch that I’ve had forever.
The club itself might be too much for my puny game but man it sits so nicely when you set it up. It screams hit me!!
Use their 30-day trial period to find out.

Yeah so this club goes far.

Don’t be intimidated by it. I’m not a long hitter by any means, this club is easy to swing and it gets the ball airborne effortlessly.
Great advice to use their 30 day playability guarantee.

Back