Srixon US Open Contest [Spoilers]

Lee Westwood FTW! I love it when that guy makes hinself relevant in Majors.

tapatalk: even available for lefties!

Let's hope for a low round today then to put some pressure on Rory

Youre right, it isnt the most difficult US Open. But when people are saying its too easy to be considered a US Open because Rory is so far under par, I must disagree.

100% agree, I was there and its tough. Narrow fairways and some serious thick rough. Rory is in his zone, They were hoping for rain before the open to grow the rough even thicker but it didn't happen.

So Rory is starting to show what I have been hearing about for so long. What an incredible 3 days of golf. This could be the start of something truly special. Congressional on the other hand is blah. Yeah I know rain is making it soft but there have been plenty of golf courses that got rained on but still showed some teeth. I just don't think this is a US Open course. On a sidenote did anyone see the footage of Obama doing the 4 foot drag putt? DPA!!

So is there anyway to get a list of all the teams for this contest that picked Rory? It would great to know who to root against!

Let's hope for a low round today then to put some pressure on Rory

I think that is the only way Rory would bend or break, if someone makes an early run at his lead. Playing with such a lead has instilled confidence but if it is challenged it might influence his play. He just needs to keep his head down, keep playing his golf and not look at the leader board.

Tapatalkin' this mutha.

Start by rooting against Rory?

Well I have Rory. At this point it is for rooting against the 2nd and 3rd guys vs. mine. I know one guy has Kaymer and GMac, I have Luke and Kuchar. I bet someone has Westwood paired with Rory, though.

I think that is the only way Rory would bend or break, if someone makes an early run at his lead. Playing with such a lead has instilled confidence but if it is challenged it might influence his play. He just needs to keep his head down, keep playing his golf and not look at the leader board.

Tapatalkin' this mutha.

I am truly hoping that Rors continues to dominate. I personally don't need to see other people contending for me to watch. I want to see just how dominate this "kid" can be! 72 and under and he breaks another record. That's compelling enough for me! However, a contender throwing a punch wouldn't hurt...

While 8 strokes is a pretty darn big lead, think about one double and one eagle. A four stroke swing. Did they get more rain last night? Will the greens be as receptive?

Regardless I'll be watching!

It will be interesting to see how Rory does in the other 2 majors this year. So far in the first 2 he has held commanding leads going into the final round. I don't think I would go as far as Padraig Harrington did and say that Rory should be the one we are talking about when it comes to breaking Jack's records, because Rory is not winning as much as Tiger was at that age. I think Rory will be a great player but its hard to say if he will even come close to those records this soon, but I find it interesting that he has had these leads in the first 2 majors this year going into the final round. Remember, DJ almost won 2 majors last year and no one is comparing him to jack just yet because he started struggling.

It will be interesting to see how Rory does in the other 2 majors this year. So far in the first 2 he has held commanding leads going into the final round. I don't think I would go as far as Padraig Harrington did and say that Rory should be the one we are talking about when it comes to breaking Jack's records, because Rory is not winning as much as Tiger was at that age. I think Rory will be a great player but its hard to say if he will even come close to those records this soon, but I find it interesting that he has had these leads in the first 2 majors this year going into the final round. Remember, DJ almost won 2 majors last year and no one is comparing him to jack just yet because he started struggling.

Great point and I agree. I haven't heard much of the Jack comparison except for the info he and Jack shared at Memorial and how Rors has tried putting that into practice. Such as playing practice rounds at the Major site the week before, taking the weekend off, playing 9 mon/tues or tues/wed and then unleashing the fury on Thursday.

I'm definitely intrigued and it will be hard for me to pick against him now.

I really wish he would stay and play the PGA full time though.

I don't think we can start comparing Rory to Jack or Tiger just yet. Rory doesn't have the same goal oriented mindset that Tiger did when he started to play golf. For Tiger its always been about #18. Rory doesn't have that same fire IMO. I do believe Rory has amazing talent and I think he could do it if he really set his mind on the goal but I think the fact that he is so well rounded an individual it may actually work against him. I know he is still young and anything can happen but its way too early to say what Paddy did yesterday about Jack's record. We all know too well how fickle the game of golf is and what we have one day can be missing the next so until Rory can consistently perform (which he has shown glimpses of the last 2 majors) we can't start that comparison just yet.

Spaceman I agree. I think there are many great European golfers out there, but in order for them to compete against the best I think they need to play the PGA tour more often. I remember about a month or so ago Westwood won like 3 weeks in a row on the Eurpoean tour, but as I looked at the leaderboards I had never heard of most of the other people on there because the other top Eurpoeans were either playing the PGA event that week or taking the time off. Yet it boosted his world ranking by beating guys who weren't ranked anywhere near the top. I think of Rory, Luke, Lee, and Martin want to be considered the best they need to continue to compete against the best in the PGA, and not just against each other overseas.

"we Now take you to the links for 6 hours of coverage of the US Open"

Best thing I've heard all morning :D

"we Now take you to the links for 6 hours of coverage of the US Open"

Best thing I've heard all morning :D

Wow, they did fill the day, more than the usual 12-3 slot for sure.

Finally the coverage has started over here. Feet up with a cold beer

Yessssssssss! Hope someone shoots low and makes this interesting. Still don't mind of Rory gets the W, but I want to see him work for it. He has worked hard to get where is at this point, but I just like it when things get interesting.

I hope someone shoots low who is challenging to make it interesting. Still don't think anyone is going to get close enough to him though

Yessssssssss! Hope someone shoots low and makes this interesting. Still don't mind of Rory gets the W, but I want to see him work for it. He has worked hard to get where is at this point, but I just like it when things get interesting.

I don't mind if it gets interesting but I think that he has already worked for it. Played stellar golf the first 3 days as has earned the hefty lead heading into Sunday play.

The way everyone else has been playing the course today I don't see Rory shooting anything but +1 at his worst. The course looks the best today than the other three days.

They pretty much said it on the Morning Drive pre coverage. I want to see some drama so it's either someone + Rory makes this close or I hope Rory just completely obliterates the field. The way the course is playing I think we're more likely to see the latter.

I don't mind if it gets interesting but I think that he has already worked for it. Played stellar golf the first 3 days as has earned the hefty lead heading into Sunday play.

I totally agree he has worked for it. I think for what he has done he deserves to win. I just hope he wins with an exciting finish. Or maybe even if no one else comes back maybe he'll at least play exciting golf and shoot rediculously low instead of playing it safe all day. It would be exciting to see him shoot like -7 on the final day just to show he is not going to have another day like Sunday at the Masters.

Lets go Rory!! lets go Rory!!

I hope Westwood goes low to finish 2nd. Top 3 gets him back to World Number 1

I hope Westwood goes low to finish 2nd. Top 3 gets him back to World Number 1

I feel bad for Luke, he has been playing so well and now is just struggling. Just saw his shot on 18 go in the water. I think he is more deserving of the #1 than Lee. Stricker is off to a very good start he could end up in second at this rate.

I do too, he was in my team for the week. I think it was one tournament too far for him

Back