Official Equipment Pondering Thread

More for fun than anything else, I really want to check out the Kirkland wedges. 😬

Putters…Eleven two ball or Toulon Las Vegas.

Putters…Eleven two ball or Toulon Las Vegas.
Do you have any questions about these two? I have the tour top Eleven and the Las Vegas currently. If there's something I can help with just let me know!

Do you have any questions about these two? I have the tour top Eleven and the Las Vegas currently. If there's something I can help with just let me know!

which one do you prefer?

I'm really wanting to be fitted for the Mizuno ST-Z 220 driver. I've not had the opportunity to swing one, but I'm intrigued. Especially at $299.

Last edited:
Epic max 3 wood and rogue st max os irons still on my mind heavy. I'm really about to go nuts thinking about these lol.

Wedges. A new bag. I'd say a new hybrid but they seem demonic to me right now. I'm afraid.

:unsure:

which one do you prefer?
For me, the Eleven has taken the lead spot. The feel off the face is soft and my strokes gained putting has improved since putting it into play (measured by Arccos). I do love the Las Vegas and the feel is firm but good. My main challenge with the Las Vegas has been on the slower greens of my local courses. It seems more difficult to get the ball to the hole with the LV which causes me to swing harder which is not great for accuracy. My lag putting on distance putts has been fantastic with the Eleven which was not always a strength of mine. I do want to do some testing on faster greens as that's where I can see the Las Vegas potentially having an advantage.

Pondering a really lightweight, inexpensive "Sunday bag" just for hauling two, three, or four clubs to/from the practice ranges at my LGS or local golf course, so I'm not banging things together holding them all in my hand.

And now like 10 other irons and fairway woods. I'm going to drive myself nuts

TSR driver because I’m hearing it’s pretty damn good. Like stupid good.

The season of lost balls is upon us. Lower sun makes tracking balls so hard. Leaves will be an issue soon as well.

What are we liking that’s affordable and soft’ish these days? Im sure there’s some newer stuff out there. I’ll probably just put a urethane ball down around the green because I’m a dirty cheater.

The season of lost balls is upon us. Lower sun makes tracking balls so hard. Leaves will be an issue soon as well.

What are we liking that’s affordable and soft’ish these days? Im sure there’s some newer stuff out there. I’ll probably just put a urethane ball down around the green because I’m a dirty cheater.
I like the supersoft from Callaway and the soft feel from srixon.

P790 irons. Demo'd them again this morning and am really starting to fall in love. I think they will be mine soon.

Still pondering those wedges as well - I like the SM9 a lot, so it's between that and the Fourteen wedges I posted previously.

Pondered long enough just ordered a sun mountain C130 s stand bag

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

When glare becomes a problem this time of year, I find matte green is much easier to track and find than white or yellow. For a budget ball with high viz options, I probably go SuperSoft or Duo Optix.

Still all irons. Tour edge e722, c522, rogue st max, jpx 921, and others. Plus a 3 wood. So lost in the sauce.

Visiting family in MN and stopped at a golf shop I have always liked. The boy wants to try some 3w’s. Hit a few and decided he loved a used 913f. Ashamed to say how far he hit it lol. Makes me sick.

They wanted $160 for it though :LOL: Looking for a cheaper one, which shouldn’t be hard.

I love my Cobra Forged Tec Blacks.
Found a brand new set in plastic ( I'd have to re shaft ) I could get for a back up.
Cobra no longer makes them. ( dumb move, Cobra! )
Do I buy them for when my current set is worn????
The logical, frugal me says no.
But the golf ho says go for it.

Pondering a forged "Player's" cavity back gap wedge to battle the RTX Zipcore for the spot in the bag.

Moved on from my 3/4w ponder after pounding the HyWood off the tee lately. But still thinking hard about making my bag all Cleveland with some Halo XLs or HB Turbos. Can't justify buying new but I've been keeping my eye on the 'bay and may hit PGA SS next time I'm up near Boston. They had a set of HB Turbos for $250 5i-DW last time I was there, only thing that kept them from coming home with me was the steel shafts. Definitely need to stick with graphite with my elbow.

just got a 20 percent off my order at Callaway email...NOOOOOO my wallet cant survive this

Back