MD177

Reaction score
Handicap
GAM: 18.8
okay, I just bought my first stand bag (Mizuno AeroLite IV) to compliment the MX 1000 irons. I'm a little confuse on how to organize my clubs. I've looked at the picture threads of others bags and got an idea on how to set up the bag. for you that have stand bags, why did you arrange your bags the way you did?

Thanks for the help.

I put my longer clubs (driver, woods, hybrids) at the top of the bag, the mid to low irons in the middle, and the shorter clubs like wedges and putter in the bottom.
Of course all in numerical order and very organized in an OCD type way.

If you were to face the opening of my bag, you'd find that my clubs are organized from longest (driver) at the top, to shortest (58) on the bottom.
Putter up on top beside my driver.

If you were to face the opening of my bag, you'd find that my clubs are organized from longest (driver) at the top, to shortest (58) on the bottom.
Putter up on top beside my driver.

That's how mine is at the moment, I may have to change it though as the standbag is going on a trolley from now on

GolfBag4.jpg

My bag has 5 slots, one big one at top and 4 slots that are half the size of the big one. The big one has my driver and FWs, and then 2 of my smaller ones have 3 irons each, finally my bottom two hold my 9 and PW on the left and 56* and putter on the right

Hope this helps

I walk so this is how my setup is.

View attachment 2806

I have the wood and driver separate so that I don't hear the clanging noise. Yes, I know that's what head covers are for but I throw all of them in the car before teeing off except for the putter.

I understand that the longer clubs go on top for easy access but do you find yourself trying having a hard time finding the shorter clubs since they're covered the the longer clubs that normally have covers? btw, this is how I have my bag set up atm but having 3 hybrids, 2 FW, and a driver, sometimes, I'm having a hard time getting to the shorter clubs. maybe it's just me. LoL

i have my woods and putter up top (closest to the straps)
mid and long irons on the middle compartments
short irons and wedges in the bottom compartment (closest to legs)

really, it should be personal preference. play around with it and see what works best for you.

I put my longer clubs (driver, woods, hybrids) at the top of the bag, the mid to low irons in the middle, and the shorter clubs like wedges and putter in the bottom.
Of course all in numerical order and very organized in an OCD type way.

yup exactly like mine. But I have my putter where the driver is

I understand that the longer clubs go on top for easy access but do you find yourself trying having a hard time finding the shorter clubs since they're covered the the longer clubs that normally have covers? btw, this is how I have my bag set up atm but having 3 hybrids, 2 FW, and a driver, sometimes, I'm having a hard time getting to the shorter clubs. maybe it's just me. LoL

I've never had a problem. My bag keeps them spaced enough to where it doesn't hide them.

Yup like most everyone else, long clubs at the top progressing to short at the bottom. I'm not sure but I could see it working the other way as well.

thanks guys. so there's really no rule. LoL

Nope, put them where ever you want

thanks guys. so there's really no rule. LoL

Exactly. I tend to reorganize from time to time to find the perfect setup. Even if i sometimes just change the place of two clubs :) But i want easy access to the clubs I use the most and I want it to look good lol

Tappin' for world peace!

Mines pretty much like everyone else's - longer at the top and shorter at the bottom. I like to keep my putter down with my wedges instead of on top with the driver.

I find it also depends on how your bag's dividers are. My friend's bag has at least 3 more divider areas than mine. But he keeps them in a different order so I don't know what he does.

I'm the same. Driver and Hybrids up top and then the Wedges, putter at the bottom. Seems to work best for me. I tried it the opposite way and it was just a mess.

I have to have individual dividers for each club, it drives me crazy having just 4 or 5 dividers.

Driver and Woods on top. Then long irons to short irons, in order. Then wedges and putter goes in putter slot.

My stand bag has a 6 way divider. Wide sections on the top and bottom with the middle divided into 4 sections. Top secton is Driver, 3 wood and hybrid. The four middle dividers have 4, 5, 6 irons in one, then 7,8,9, then PW,UW, then 52, 59 wedges. Putter stays all alone in the bottom section.

I'll have to post a pic of the new bag. maybe you guys can help me. haha.

for this 2nd bag, I think I'll minimize the number of hybrids/woods to use. I wanted to put a 60* in the bag anyway so I'll probably get rid of my 5w. and I'm still pretty decent hitting the 5i so I think I'll put the 5i back and keep the 5h on the other bag. I'm also in the market for a Mashie to replace the 3h & 4h. so for the long sticks, I'll have the driver, 3w, and a Mashie. then 60*, 56* TM wedges, then G-5i MX 1000 irons.

Back