With your A+ game, how low could you go?

Jman

Here for the Conversation
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
Imagine it’s all clicking. It’s all firing. It’s all on point. If you had a day with your A+ game, how low could you go?

• Staff
On my home course I’ll say 65. I think that’s my limit if ever my A+ game was there for a full 18.

• Staff
My personal best was 70 (par 71 layout). I was on fire that day, other than one hole. So maybe 68 or 69.

Depends how I scale.

I have the potential to birdie every hole and eagle most par 5s. So that would be -20

Reality is nowhere near that.

I'm not sure I've ever played much better than B through 19 holes. So is that my A+?

I’ve had career best rounds of +2, +3, and +4 with a +1 on a silly 9 hole course. Career best on 9 holes is -1 and I’ve had a high of 4 birdies in one round. With that said, I think it’s fair to say I could threaten going under par for 18.

When it all clicked back when I was younger, my lowest round was a 66. But I remember distinctly shooting 68-72-68 in a three day regional tournament (still lost) That year was as consistent as I ever got. That was my senior year I believe :unsure: no wait, it was the summer between my Jr & Sr year.

Realistically I think I’d have a good chance at shooting par. I’d say mid 70s

I would love to find out! Did get my first ever bogey free round this year and that was actually a better feeling than a PB.

I’m going to say 3 over, which is about as good as I had shot when I was playing at my best a few years ago. Evem with my best game, I will still make a few bogies that offset birdies and realistically, I’m going to shoot par on lot of holes.

I would say 67 (-4). I’ve shot -2 for 9 holes several times and that was my A+ game. So assuming that was for 2 consecutive 9 holes that’d be my realistic best possible.

Maybe Par, but at least mid to high 70s if everything was firing on all cylinders during the day. No bad holes, no 3 putts, mostly birdie ops, etc.

I've never had the type of game to go super low. I'm basically a scratch golfer version of prime Sergio Garcia. Meaning i would hit 14 fairways, 18 greens and shoot 69 with 5 missed 6-footers.

I had a round this year where i shot 75 with 17 GIRs.

My PB is 75 so I will say par. Until I play level par I can't say I could go under. 🤷‍♂️

78-79 I'd say would be as low as I go right now with everything clicking.

probably 2-3 over par

My ceiling is probably the high 70’s at my current skill level.

a couple under probably..

I've thought about this before, and it's a tough question. I was close earlier this season when I hit a ridiculous 15 greens and shot 74 at my home course, but I had one triple caused by some trash chipping, and I still had 35 putts which included 1-2 very makeable birdie putts and a fairly reasonable eagle try.

Based on that day, on my home course, if I had putted better and turned that triple into even just a bogey, I easily could have gone under par. So I'm gonna say with EVERYTHING clicking, on my home course at least, I could definitely get to 70 (-2) and maybe even crack upper 60's. But that's with everything ON.

Way back when, 65 on a par 71 course from the tips. Now, even par from the whites and I'd be happy.

absolute best, balling out, hitting fairways, carving irons into greens, wedges dialed in, putter on fire, i think i could do 4 or 5 under. i know i won't, but i think i could lol

Home course 6400 tees, I could get to 80. Shot an 82 three years ago and I only had a few bad shots.

Even. Hasn’t happened yet but come kinda close on individual sides.

Back