Callaway Great Big Bertha Driver and Fairways

holy crap. That's like a 6-7mph swing speed gain, no?
It’s why the niche releases like these absolutely have a place.

It’s why the niche releases like these absolutely have a place.

that is borderline insanity. I'd think that this kind of release scares the buh-jeeezus out of the competition.......

that is borderline insanity. I'd think that this kind of release scares the buh-jeeezus out of the competition.......
Maybe? Maybe not? It’s not exactly a crowded segment here in the states.

Maybe? Maybe not? It’s not exactly a crowded segment here in the states.

fair. But, I guess my point there is that if they. An do it in this segment, they're probably going to try and do it in various others.

im sure Tour Edge Orr other similar target audiences and like, wtf. 🤣🤣🤣

I like the looks of these clubs. With the new irons going for $450/club, $699 for the driver seems reasonable. Unless, or course, you go with a upgrade shaft.

fair. But, I guess my point there is that if they. An do it in this segment, they're probably going to try and do it in various others.

im sure Tour Edge Orr other similar target audiences and like, wtf. 🤣🤣🤣
Is TE similar to this? HL is aimed at an entirely different financial demographic.

I like the looks of these clubs. With the new irons going for $450/club, $699 for the driver seems reasonable. Unless, or course, you go with a upgrade shaft.
Most who end up with this aren’t likely to upgrade to something else I’d venture, the Helium Nanocore is premium and especially picked for the needs of these golfers if that makes sense. Stronger players aren’t the target here.

Right. "Here are all the design components we want to make this club perform the absolute best for the demographic we are designing this club for, with no regard to make them cost friendly to the market at large." ....
Sounds a lot like PXG's spiel, doesn't it?

Most who end up with this aren’t likely to upgrade to something else I’d venture, the Helium Nanocore is premium and especially picked for the needs of these golfers if that makes sense. Stronger players aren’t the target here.
Seems a similar shaft to what Honma puts in the Beres line, coming in at $50 less than the Honma comparable irons.

Seems a similar shaft to what Honma puts in the Beres line, coming in at $50 less than the Honma comparable irons.
Being that the whole release is all about lightweight speed, the Helium Nano was imo great pairing

Is TE similar to this? HL is aimed at an entirely different financial demographic.

definitely not financially

The fwy woods look fantastic! Makes me think of the old style woods from back in the day but I’m going to be honest, price points are just absurd.

The fwy woods look fantastic! Makes me think of the old style woods from back in the day but I’m going to be honest, price points are just absurd.

The more I think about it, the price for the driver is not that unreasonable given the tech and the shaft.

Super Excited to see this. Couple things I take away from this:

Think they want to separate Epic the main line from Epic Star the ultralight ultra premium ultra price tag.

GBB makes sense as that line since Big Bertha 21 was a GI to SGI option.

And as much of a sticker shock as the Irons were, $699 for the driver is not crazy considering $599 is about baseline for what I think "standard segment" drivers will be.

I definitely want to take these for a spin and see what the results are. I am likely not the target audience... but you never know until you hit it.

Not absurd to the target market... probably absurd for some, and slightly out of reach for many. But right in line for the target.

For your Driver/Shaft combo you aren't that far off from the $699 if you were to buy it all brand new today - and this line does bring new tech to the table.

Not absurd to the target market... probably absurd for some, and slightly out of reach for many. But right in line for the target.

For your Driver/Shaft combo you aren't that far off from the $699 if you were to buy it all brand new today - and this line does bring new tech to the table.
Nailed it.

I can get on board with that. I guess it’s just an initial shock for a one time blow vs purchasing separately if that makes sense. I understand the target market aspect of it and how that works. I mean most I know outside of this forum would not pay anything close to this price for a one and done or components separately. I think this community is unique in the fact that they are open to the aspect of tech and price. A lot here are willing to drop a lot more on clubs that majority of the average golfer community.

I can get on board with that. I guess it’s just an initial shock for a one time blow vs purchasing separately if that makes sense. I understand the target market aspect of it and how that works. I mean most I know outside of this forum would not pay anything close to this price for a one and done or components separately. I think this community is unique in the fact that they are open to the aspect of tech and price. A lot here are willing to drop a lot more on clubs that majority of the average golfer community.
Ill go the other way and honestly believe while there are THPers very interested in a release like this, I tend to believe it is more geared towards the sunbelt area which has millions of golfers that are very open to the ultra premium market. PXG, XXIO, Titleist CNCPT, Epic Star, etc have all done quite well in those regions.

Ill go the other way and honestly believe while there are THPers very interested in a release like this, I tend to believe it is more geared towards the sunbelt area which has millions of golfers that are very open to the ultra premium market. PXG, XXIO, Titleist CNCPT, Epic Star, etc have all done quite well in those regions.
This is where I was about to go with it. Absolutely agree.

Maybe I just live in a podunk redneck area where something like this is just not accepted well, but again I understand the marketing aspect of this. Target audience is important. Hope it does well for Callaway.

I can get on board with that. I guess it’s just an initial shock for a one time blow vs purchasing separately if that makes sense. I understand the target market aspect of it and how that works. I mean most I know outside of this forum would not pay anything close to this price for a one and done or components separately.
I never would have even blinked at this segment a year ago. "Too pricey for my game, move on." would have been my only thought. When you dig into the pricing and realize that it's not that far outside the norm, it makes you stop and look. I know I'll be looking to see if the local PGASS or CC gets some of this stuff in stock to go and try it out.

Curious, will these, and have the STAR lineups previously been on a standard fitting cart? Like would my middle of no where retailer with a fitting cart have this release? Or do they go to specialized locations?

So from my experience at my local fitting center as well as a brick and morter local (non chain) store that does a ton of fittings, the Star line has always been a bonded model.
They would have a 10.5 with R flex shaft and a 12* with A Flex shaft. Usually a 3w R Flex and 5w A flex and a hybrid or two. Definitely did not have fitting heads that could be swapped out for different shafts. And I think that is intentional as the Star lineup comes with higher end ultra light 30-40g shaft. Grand Bassara, etc

When PXG first came out maybe, now, they’re a mishmash of chaos.
But definitely ganing marking share now, no?

But definitely ganing marking share now, no?
I think far too many misunderstand how market share works, and how hard it is to gain.

Back