Outfitting a Winter Rebuild – The Indoor Golf Setup

10 degrees outside this morning. Garage is feeling a little chilly to say the least.

I’ve been relying on a halogen light to give me a little extra heat, but it may be time for something more powerful. What are you all using to heat your practice spaces?
Wow, 10 degrees is tough.

I'm using a kerosene heater, but it isn't doing the trick when I'm out there for more than an hour. Part of the workshop/practice area overhaul includes insulating the ceiling and something to cover the concrete floor.

I wanted to share the latest addition to my indoor setup - a small smart tv. It’s very much the opposite of high-end and cost less than $75 thanks to a holiday sale.

While not necessary, it gives me the ability to screen-mirror from my mobile device so I have a better view of my sim software.

One bonus feature is that I can pull up my camera (that often sits behind me) and see it on the TV. Very helpful for checking things like setup, positions, drills, etc.

0CCF953E-3DD9-4EA3-A0CE-6152FB088B48.jpeg

I wanted to share the latest addition to my indoor setup - a small smart tv. It’s very much the opposite of high-end and cost less than $75 thanks to a holiday sale.

While not necessary, it gives me the ability to screen-mirror from my mobile device so I have a better view of my sim software.

One bonus feature is that I can pull up my camera (that often sits behind me) and see it on the TV. Very helpful for checking things like setup, positions, drills, etc.

View attachment 9146614
Envious of your setup!! Simple, cost effective and gets the job done!

Envious of your setup!! Simple, cost effective and gets the job done!

Yea, it's really come together nicely! I like that I have the option to add a projector and screen with the SIGPRO net if I want to in the future. For now, I'm not really seeing the need, but knowing I wouldn't have to start from scratch is great.

View attachment 9146614
Set-up is looking good man! I’ve been thinking about doing the screen mirror off an iPad instead of going the projector/screen route.

Set-up is looking good man! I’ve been thinking about doing the screen mirror off an iPad instead of going the projector/screen route.

It works really well and the camera thing is pretty helpful for me. I think in a perfect world we'd all have screens and projectors because it's just cooler, but it's not going to happen this year for me. This is just a simple little Insignia TV. Nothing fancy at all.

It works really well and the camera thing is pretty helpful for me. I think in a perfect world we'd all have screens and projectors because it's just cooler, but it's not going to happen this year for me. This is just a simple little Insignia TV. Nothing fancy at all.
“Cheap” or “budget” is not necessarily words I’d associate with a full-bore screen and projector set-up. Cool? Absolutely. I wonder if there’s a way you can split screen the video and app to see your videod swing and the result at the same time.

“Cheap” or “budget” is not necessarily words I’d associate with a full-bore screen and projector set-up. Cool? Absolutely. I wonder if there’s a way you can split screen the video and app to see your videod swing and the result at the same time.

That would be really cool. I know the Garmin app allows video capture, but I’m not sure how it works. Maybe I’ll check that out. Normally I stay away from that app.

View attachment 9146614
If you can't have a projector its the next best thing. I dig it.

It’s hard not to feel a little bittersweet as the season I rediscovered golf comes to a close, but maybe it’s a blessing in disguise.

Most of us understand how difficult it is to incorporate swing changes while regularly playing golf. Progress in this game isn’t exactly linear, and the temptation to revert to the many compensations and band-aids we’ve instinctually created is often too strong to resist. So, that’s what we do. We give up on the new grip a hole at a time until we ditch it altogether. We let the backswing go as far across the line as it wants to. We aim a little further right and play the hook.

Continue reading...
Very cool article. Looking forward to following.

Fresh on my mind since I just came in a couple hour session.

After spending a ton of time with this setup, I really have to say the suggestions I got from SIG were dead on. My space concerns were well taken care of and I’ve had very few oopsies, though they will always happen eventually. I’m able to hit every club in the bag and feel comfortable.

SIGPRO net and mat are solid and really present a ton of value. Even the landing mat is great. Both clean up really well with a quick vacuum.

Only real disappointment in sometimes the Approach R10. I just have doubts about low-cost radar’s accuracy in an indoor environment. Still, I’ve adjusted it to match what I saw outdoors and that makes things like sim rounds a little more reasonable.

Back