3 wood recommendations

shewythemuss

Reaction score
Handicap
I'm looking for a 3 wood which is good off the deck and off the tee,ideally shallow faced,can be an older model.Going to play it against my 15 degree hybrid to see which is the better club.

Recommendations please.

Cheers

STM

I had not cheers JB

I've got a Titleist 909 F2 and love it. I would seriously suggest taking a look at it. You can probably pick it up fairly cheap now too!

I just recently hit the PingK15 Fairway last night and it was amazing. I think I could hit this ting off the tee and off the deck with great confidence. It is a 16* 3W. I also hit the Titleist 910FD and it's great off the tee. It was OK off the deck too, but really shined off the tee. Last but not least was the new cleveland FL3W that THP just covered. As professed this club was a bomber. I hit it longer that the other three woods i tried. But....I couldn't get this club under control and was all over the place (it could have been because it was the last club I hit and I might have been a little tired).

If I were you I would go to a store and grab every 3 wood and hit it. Try as many with different set ups as you can

Tapatalk... Loved by me hated by the wife.

I just recently hit the PingK15 Fairway last night and it was amazing. I think I could hit this ting off the tee and off the deck with great confidence. It is a 16* 3W. I also hit the Titleist 910FD and it's great off the tee. It was OK off the deck too, but really shined off the tee. Last but not least was the new cleveland FL3W that THP just covered. As professed this club was a bomber. I hit it longer that the other three woods i tried. But....I couldn't get this club under control and was all over the place (it could have been because it was the last club I hit and I might have been a little tired).

That's very similar to what I saw with the Cleveland when I tried it last week, against the R11

I loved my burner superfast 3w. long and straight off the fairway and tee.

I just did what bgammil recomended after making an impulse purchase on a Ping G15 last year. I ended up with a Tour Edge Exotics XCG4 4 wood. I bought all my clubs except the G15 3 wood, putter and a wedge at Darien Golf Center; a small local shop in Darien CT that has expert club fitters and comparable prices with Golfsmith which is right down the road in Norwalk CT. I found I had the same issues with the G15 3 wood that made me eliminate the G15 driver quickly from contention last summer (chose the Cobra ZL over the Nike VR Pro by a small margin). I took my tme and demo'd the Tour Edge, Cobra Baffler and S3, Titliest 910 F-d, Nike SQ Machspeed and VR Pro Str8 Fit...and compared them to my Ping. The Tour Edge I found was eaier to hit (the guys at tbe shop recomended a 4 wood over a 3 for that reason). A side note, They fitted me for my clubs then when I said I was going to take a lesson, told me to go to the lessons and come back where I was fitted a second time and clubs were ordered. I haven't bought anything anywhere else.

For me the R9 is the easiest to hit off the tee and deck. Might find them locally on sale also, as here they are $99 right now.

I have been playing a Superfast 4 wood 16.5 degree this year, good off the deck and the tee. Doesn't give up much to a 15.0 3 wood , lands softer and it allowed me to remove 2 fairways and add another wedge so inside 120 yds. I got it covered, pw , 52,56,60

R11. I wish I wouldn't have gotten rid of it for the 910f :banghead:

I went through the same search a few weeks ago and settled on the Taylormade Burner High Launch 15*. It's an '08 model so you can find them cheap. Every forum I read put it up at the top of the fairway woods. Found one on Ebay that was lightly used for $50. I'm having it reshafted now and will play it this week.

I still can't fault my R9 TP, really like the Motore F1 shaft in it, and at the moment, you can grab them for 130 quid brand new from a particular site over our way. That's a bargain.

Anyone game nike fairways, I seem to recall the SQ2 and dymo's getting good write ups and the machspeed as well,not looking to work the ball just hit it straight and long.

Anyone game nike fairways, I seem to recall the SQ2 and dymo's getting good write ups and the machspeed as well,not looking to work the ball just hit it straight and long.

I game a machspeed 3 hybrid. I hit it about 220 and dead straight. Its a phenomenal club if your looking for forgiveness and the ball explodes off the face.

I have the dymo 2 sq and it has been great. I got it off Ebay for $40 brand new.

Back