2023 Srixon ZX5 MKII and ZX7 MKII Irons

The Zx7’s have me intrigued. I know the previous version spun a lot. I know these are out of my wheelhouse but a combo set with the 7’s in 8-gw are intriguing

It may have been said earlier in this thread, but what does MK II stand for?

It may have been said earlier in this thread, but what does MK II stand for?

Mark II

Kind of an antiquated term, but you still see it occasionally in other industries.

Mark II

Kind of an antiquated term, but you still see it occasionally in other industries.
Antiquated, how I feel. 🤣

The Zx7’s have me intrigued. I know the previous version spun a lot.
Say what now? Is that the perception? Individual swings and strikes and results always vary, but in a general sense I wouldn't think they'd be known as high spinners. 770 maybe spin a bit less among peers, if you can call it a peer. :confused: Can't think of much else though.

Say what now? Is that the perception? Individual swings and strikes and results always vary, but in a general sense I wouldn't think they'd be known as high spinners. 770 maybe spin a bit less among peers, if you can call it a peer. :confused: Can't think of much else though.
Yeah, they sure didn’t spin a ton when I tested them. In fact, they were surprising there, which accounted for how silly long they are.

Very user dependent, but from some of the testing (here and online) I saw some spin numbers higher with the 7. Again not a bad thing because better players can use that to their advantage, but with mediocre ball strikers like myself, spin can start to creep into hurt territory even if the profile at address suits me.

Had to go back and look at data, I wa 5400-5500 with the 7, and a peak height around 39-40 which I wish my swing could provide now. 🤣🤣🤣

We do 100% deliver things differently though, you’re right.

Yeah, they sure didn’t spin a ton when I tested them. In fact, they were surprising there, which accounted for how silly long they are.
Dumb question but after watching the Rocco video about how spin is control and having not enough spin is detrimental is that the case? Or are they right where they need to be and not over spinning?

I thought these were known as spin killers?

I could see spin being high if you’re hitting shots a little thin and/or using the Z Star XV

It was said. It's been said now. Getting ZeXy in 2 days!!

I had plans for these. They've been tossed in the air. I might need this convincing now.

It was said. It's been said now. Getting ZeXy in 2 days!!

I had plans for these. They've been tossed in the air. I might need this convincing now.
You need to offload or change the shipping address I know a guy 🤣🤣

I read where Shane Lowry has the ZX5 MKII and ZX7 MKII combo in the bag. I think 4 and 5 are ZX5 MK II and then 7 - PW are ZX7 MKII.

I read where Shane Lowry has the ZX5 MKII and ZX7 MKII combo in the bag. I think 4 and 5 are ZX5 MK II and then 7 - PW are ZX7 MKII.
That makes sense, pretty sure he was playing a combo set before too

Trying to imagine what a Shane Lowry ZX5 5 iron looks like.

I want to get some swings in with these at some point this year. Preferably outside where I can see how this V-sole works.

What is the biggest difference between the 7 and 5. Looks like they both have the same top line. Different offset and blade length?
5s have more toe weight, 7s have less to make workability easier.

any one have any side by side measurements or pics of the previous zx5 vs the mk2's?

any one have any side by side measurements or pics of the previous zx5 vs the mk2's?
I thought there were some towards the beginning of this thread. I will say from what I’ve seen, the new version is a little slimmer than last years version

I thought there were some towards the beginning of this thread. I will say from what I’ve seen, the new version is a little slimmer than last years version

Thanks! I wonder if I mix up a set of Zx5's and Zx4's...should I bend the lofts of the Zx4's to match the Zx5's? I dont want the 4's to go exponentially longer than the 5's.

Back