MLB 2011 season (Spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tragic what happened last night at the Ballpark in Arlington and for his son to witness it all at such a young age. I feel for that family...

+1, a very sad event for sure, I'm so sad for his son and his family, that would be very tough to witness and recover from. I also feel for the players and fans that witnessed it. That's not what they wanted to see when they attended the game. It's what I call a time stopper and let's you adjust your priorities. A wake-up call every once in a while to kick your priorities back in order.

I really could not imagine even seeing this. Something like this happened a few years ago at the old veteran stadium where the stands collapsed at the Army/Navy game. Really makes you stop and think.

How about them Pirates boys

I can hear Lou Brown's voice in my head (the coach in Major League)....

"I think we're a contender right now."

Taaaaap-a-talk....tap tap taaap-a-talk....give it a little tap-a-rooonie...

I'm going to my first Pirates game of the year tonight - very pumped! SkyBlast, another sellout, and a fantastic evening. Oh, yeah, and some exciting BASEBALL. Can't wait!

I'm going to my first Pirates game of the year tonight - very pumped! SkyBlast, another sellout, and a fantastic evening. Oh, yeah, and some exciting BASEBALL. Can't wait!

Have a great time. Even as a cardinals fan I am extremely impressed with the talent on the pirates they are a very exciting team to watch

Tap tap taparoo

I will be there on sunday, enjoy the game and fireworks

Just got three tickets for the August 20th game against the Reds as well - going with my parents! Should be a blast.

Birds win in exciting fashion

Tap tap taparoo

Just got three tickets for the August 20th game against the Reds as well - going with my parents! Should be a blast.

One of these days I'm going to make it to a game at PNC.

Best ballpark in the country only an hour away but I just keep putting off going to a game.

Went to the royals game today. It's sad with so much young and exciting talent they can't get 15k in the stadium. In the midst of a 3 game losing streak the cardinals put 41k in the stands. That's I guess why we are the best fans in baseball

Tap tap taparoo

There's a buzz in Pittsburgh and were not talkin about the steelers!!!! Raise the JollyRoger boys!!!!!!

There's a buzz in Pittsburgh and were not talkin about the steelers!!!! Raise the JollyRoger boys!!!!!!

Missed today's game :banghead:

Worked a double shift yesterday and completely crashed out on the couch. Game just ended when I woke up.

Now all the Pirates need are decent radio broadcasters. Compared to Bill Hillgrove (Steelers) and Mike Lange (Penguins), Pirates games are painful to listen to on the radio.

Missed today's game :banghead:

Worked a double shift yesterday and completely crashed out on the couch. Game just ended when I woke up.

Now all the Pirates need are decent radio broadcasters. Compared to Bill Hillgrove (Steelers) and Mike Lange (Penguins), Pirates games are painful to listen to on the radio.

Went to the game today full house , great game, and the t.v guys put me tp sleep as well

Midseason predictions for playoffs/division winners etc?

AL East: Red Sox
AL Central: White Sox
AL West: Rangers
AL WC: Yankees

Red Sox vs. White Sox: Red Sox in 3
Ranges vs. Yankees: Yankees in 4

Red Sox vs. Yankees: Red Sox in 6

AL MVP: Adrian Gonzales
AL Cy Young: Justin Verlander

NL East: Phillies
NL Central: Cardinals
NL West: Giants
NL WC: Braves

Phillies vs Giants: Phillies in 3
Cardinals vs Braves: Braves in 5

Phillies vs Braves: Phillies in 6

NL MVP: Lance Berkman (going out on a limb)
NL Cy Young: Roy Halladay

World Series: Phillies Vs. Red Sox: Phillies in 6

Went to the royals game today. It's sad with so much young and exciting talent they can't get 15k in the stadium. In the midst of a 3 game losing streak the cardinals put 41k in the stands. That's I guess why we are the best fans in baseball

Young and exciting talent doesn't add up when you have the worst record in the league and third worst in the majors. Year after year after year. Last winning record was 2003 and we finished 4 games over .500 after starting 16-3. Start putting out a competitive team and you'll see the attendance increase. Hard to get excited about a loser team. They are my team, and I still root for them to win, but they still suck.We've had about 20 years of rebuilding that hasn't done a thing.

cards already beat up on the braves this year, hope if we get them in the playoffs we do it again

Midseason predictions for playoffs/division winners etc?

AL East: Red Sox
AL Central: White Sox
AL West: Rangers
AL WC: Yankees

Red Sox vs. White Sox: Red Sox in 3
Ranges vs. Yankees: Yankees in 4

Red Sox vs. Yankees: Red Sox in 6

AL MVP: Adrian Gonzales
AL Cy Young: Justin Verlander

NL East: Phillies
NL Central: Cardinals
NL West: Giants
NL WC: Braves

Phillies vs Giants: Phillies in 3
Cardinals vs Braves: Braves in 5

Phillies vs Braves: Phillies in 6

NL MVP: Lance Berkman (going out on a limb)
NL Cy Young: Roy Halladay

World Series: Phillies Vs. Red Sox: Phillies in 6

Great predictions here. I do think the Phils get it done, but I expect the Yankees to make the Series. Still think the Phils win. Tough to beat that starting 3 in a short series, if they get any level of offensive support.

Great predictions here. I do think the Phils get it done, but I expect the Yankees to make the Series. Still think the Phils win. Tough to beat that starting 3 in a short series, if they get any level of offensive support.

I struggled big time with that Yankees Redsox pick.. Its all about who is hot when that time comes around..

Excited to see my man Bautista light up the Home Run Derby tonight. He should put on quite the show.

I think Bautista will definitely put on a show. His power and style make him a favorite. Who's everyone taking? I like him or Fielder.

I think Bautista will definitely put on a show. His power and style make him a favorite. Who's everyone taking? I like him or Fielder.

Bautista didn't have a very good showing at all. I was suprised, but some guys just arent good Homerun Derby hitters. Bautista can hit them when they count and thats obviously what matters.

Ogie, what would you like to see the Bucco's do at the deadline?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back