Club Fitting Goes Off Course

Always found it weirdly interesting, all the geographical factors that go into deciding where to put locations.

Also learned that @Canadan doesn’t play waterpolo. Got it.

Interesting to hear the Cobra irons feedback there

Great episode. Looking forward to hearing more about the Fathers of Fitting segment.

Love the mindset of “it costs this much, but I’ll get X number of years out of them, so it’s really Y dollars per year” because that’s exactly how I think about purchases. It’s allowed me to justify upgrades haha

Enjoyed the listen, and congrats on the 150th episode.

Nick nails the ball conversation.

Enjoyed listening to this today.

Most of the members in our Men’s group have never been fit for clubs and it is mind boggling to me why they don’t do it when they’ve witnessed firsthand the improved golf game of those that have.

congrats on 1 fiddy, Canapodan!

@Canadan this was so good, love listening to Nick and his honesty. Congrats on 150 my friend!

The part talking about guys spending a ton on memberships and then having a 20 year old set was hilarious!! I've been to the bag storage room in the country club a couple times and the amount of clubs from before the 2000s is honestly astounding :LOL:

The part talking about guys spending a ton on memberships and then having a 20 year old set was hilarious!! I've been to the bag storage room in the country club a couple times and the amount of clubs from before the 2000s is honestly astounding :LOL:
Its always a lot of fun to me when I get to play these nice clubs to go peek at what is in the bags of the members when I can.

I enjoyed that one a lot. The insights into their fitting data would be fun to dig into. I also enjoyed his take on equipment spends with golf as your hobby.

I thoroughly enjoyed this one. Loved the insight into the training and fitting process.

Enjoyed the show. Congrats on the 150th episode. Listening from people in the industry, who are shaping what clubs we play and how we experience it, is always interesting.

Really good point about how many people spend lots of time and money on private clubs but won’t spend a relatively small amount on decent clubs.

Enjoyed the show. Congrats on the 150th episode. Listening from people in the industry, who are shaping what clubs we play and how we experience it, is always interesting.

Really good point about how many people spend lots of time and money on private clubs but won’t spend a relatively small amount on decent clubs.
It’s crazy how many golfers do that eh? Blows my mind what their monthly statements look like, but won’t drop a dime on some decent clubs.

It’s crazy how many golfers do that eh? Blows my mind what their monthly statements look like, but won’t drop a dime on some decent clubs.
The odd thing is, some wear it like a badge of honor and act like it’s a waste of money to spend on new and better equipment.

The odd thing is, some wear it like a badge of honor and act like it’s a waste of money to spend on new and better equipment.
….and then lose their mind when they are the shortest in their group or not getting any forgiveness.

So funny. And weird.

Back