Whitewater Rafting

SFCoach

Reaction score
Anyone ever done a little whitewater rafting? I'm doing it for the first time on Monday and I'm a bit nervous. Why? Well, because my insanely insane cousin booked us for the Class V extreme whitewater rafting in the Upper Youghiogheny River. Yeah, these are only some of the most extreme whitewater rapids in the entire country. Now, sure, we're all young, athletic individuals and we'll have a guide in the boat with us but, still, I'm just about as nervous as can be, haha.

Should I do it??

Heck yeah man, it's a dang blast. I've done it a hundred times and never had a bad day. One part about living down here that I really don't like, been down just every river in the east that has a guide service. Back when I worked the in the smokies it was routine to drop a kayak in the river after work and play.

Do it, have fun, wear some good river sandals or slip-ons, and sit up front.

It is a blast. You will love it man it's a huge adrenaline rush

Tap tap taparoo

I went to college in Colorado. I had the opportunity to go rafting in May and June with the snow melt run-off. Man, THAT water was cold, cold, cold and extremely FAST! You'll have a blast! Be sure to wear sneakers, gloves if you want. And make sure that life jacket fits correctly and is tight on you.

Have a blast!

Hope you have a good time Coach! Looks like it would be fun, but at my age I'm only into things that won't get me hurt.

Go and have fun. Rafting is an absolute blast!

Oh, by the way, it was AMAZING. I'll post some pictures that they took in a bit - what an experience! It was a 3 hour adrenaline rush through some of the most intense whitewater in the country. As for being a total beginner? They didn't care. Actually, our guide thought it was awesome. What a cool thing.

Wow! It looks like you had a blast! I remember the great times I used to have and I am jealous! Ready for another run?

Looks like a lot of fun, my uncle captains boats on a river in wyoming, I can't wait to do it someday.

I love whitewater rafting. We have some great places to go nearby. I white water kayak more than I golf. Great fun and you have to try it.

looks great!!!..down here in the SE, I have done the Ocoee, Nantahala, and Chatooga....
But they were only Class IV's....
those look awesome

looks great!!!..down here in the SE, I have done the Ocoee, Nantahala, and Chatooga....
But they were only Class IV's....
those look awesome

what? No one got thrown into the water? Booooo....

I've rafted in Denver (class 3 or 4)once and Maine (Class 4 or 5)... So much fun!

If you like white water rafting, you should come to Uganda.
We have the best rapids in the world;

I've been about 8 times and it's insanely amazing!

Back