Shot Scope X5 Watch

When you travel for a golf outing where it'll be one round of golf but it's a family trip so I'll be gone for a few days, do any of you guys take the charger with you or just turn it off and hope you don't accidently turn it on? Or a different way of asking - is it easy to turn it on, on accident?

I really don't want to bring (and potentially lose) more chargers than I need to.

Always take your charger.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So I'm basically doing the same thing except on the V3 you did it after you were done with the hole.
With the X5 you have to interactive with it on every putt according to the instructions.
With the V3 in manual mode I tapped the top right button at each putt, and then the bottom right button at the pin.

With the X5 you tap the crown button at each putt, then the flag screen button at the pin. Same amount of interaction (assuming you don't have to unlock)

Set my watch to Yes/Hide for scoring and unlocked this morning. I enjoyed the experience much more with the watch unlocked instead of having to swipe up when wanting to access something. It was an enjoyable experience this way. As you can see where the score would be there is a pencil. It still asked for my score after every hole after pin collect which is exactly what I would expect. I only had 2 random button bumps where the screen went to last shot hit or something so I think I will use it unlocked from now on. It moved hole to hole quickly and as it turned out was more accurate than the cart GPS today since the head greenskeeper failed to mark the pins properly :rolleyes:

IMG_4116.jpg

Now the bad today..

I edited my round from the computer when I got to the office and I noticed a couple oddities. Even though I am using a putter sensor and made 100% sure to hit pin collect this round when editing every putt was 4' then 2' so I had to go in and manually edit those putts. Since it was fresh in my mind no biggie.

Secondly during editing I noticed the clubs hit on some holes were not tagged accurately. For example I know I hit a 3w on a par 5 second shot, however it registered as a 5w even though there is no 5w in my bag currently. I double checked the tag just to make sure I wasn't crazy. Same thing for my 4U which has the X1 tag, it registered as a 3w instead. Odd especially when I noticed I that the X1 was tagged when I hit the shot.

Lastly when I synced and uploaded the round I got the error message saying there was a problem and someone was notified. That never happened before however everything did actually upload and I was able to edit and sign off.

All in all minor problems really, but thought I'd mention them.

@Iceman! - If you are using Auto mode, make sure the tag is installed on your putter, hasn't fallen out. Then do what @TWright971 said and make sure the tag isn't bad. Also, when I used Auto putting mode, I found out I had to take some pretty big, exaggerated practice swings to get the putt location recognized. Moreover, what putting grip are you using? Left-hand low, for example, may place the tag too far away to be sensed.
I went back and took a look at my rounds - The less than 1 foot started after I updated the Firmware - before rounds are fine.
It's the after the upgrade rounds I have this issues with.

I went back and took a look at my rounds - The less than 1 foot started after I updated the Firmware - before rounds are fine.
did your settings revert back to auto putting after the firmware update?

Glad to see this getting better with the updates.

Staying on the radar until it settles in as my H4 is still okay. Wanting to try the watch version even though I don't wear watches. Sometimes the H4 can get a little squirrelly and not easy to see without my glasses to bring me where it needs to be.

Would be nice to not have to reach in my pocket for the H4 on every shot. Didn't mind it at first, but now that I'm comfortable with it's shortcomings and screen manipulation, it can get cumbersome.

Keep up the review progress, enjoying seeing it improve.

With the X5 you tap the crown button at each putt, then the flag screen button at the pin. Same amount of interaction (assuming you don't have to unlock)
Really? That makes things so much easier. I don't know why I never tried that. I think I just assumed because it was a touch screen with two choices I had to press the option I wanted. Good to know I can use the crown.

Set my watch to Yes/Hide for scoring and unlocked this morning. I enjoyed the experience much more with the watch unlocked instead of having to swipe up when wanting to access something. It was an enjoyable experience this way. As you can see where the score would be there is a pencil. It still asked for my score after every hole after pin collect which is exactly what I would expect. I only had 2 random button bumps where the screen went to last shot hit or something so I think I will use it unlocked from now on. It moved hole to hole quickly and as it turned out was more accurate than the cart GPS today since the head greenskeeper failed to mark the pins properly :rolleyes:

View attachment 9183192

Now the bad today..

I edited my round from the computer when I got to the office and I noticed a couple oddities. Even though I am using a putter sensor and made 100% sure to hit pin collect this round when editing every putt was 4' then 2' so I had to go in and manually edit those putts. Since it was fresh in my mind no biggie.

Secondly during editing I noticed the clubs hit on some holes were not tagged accurately. For example I know I hit a 3w on a par 5 second shot, however it registered as a 5w even though there is no 5w in my bag currently. I double checked the tag just to make sure I wasn't crazy. Same thing for my 4U which has the X1 tag, it registered as a 3w instead. Odd especially when I noticed I that the X1 was tagged when I hit the shot.

Lastly when I synced and uploaded the round I got the error message saying there was a problem and someone was notified. That never happened before however everything did actually upload and I was able to edit and sign off.

I have had that same issue with "Ghost" Clubs showing up.
Did you ever have a 5w in your bag while using a ShotScope product?

And I see your having issues with the putts as well....

I have had that same issue with "Ghost" Clubs showing up.
Did you ever have a 5w in your bag while using a ShotScope product?

And I see your having issues with the putts as well....
Yes I did previously have a 5w in the bag but its not in there anymore its at home in another bag haha so nowhere near the watch.

Something else I just noticed when I tried to change the club the X1 wasn't available as an option to choose. Maybe I need to go look at my bag setup. I'm also using V3 tags at the moment so maybe thats part of the problem though since most other work fine maybe not.

This is the first time I had issues with the putts that I noticed. Its weird because I have been pretty lax on the pin collect for most rounds but today I really made sure to use it properly and the putting didn't work great.

Yes I did previously have a 5w in the bag but its not in there anymore its at home in another bag haha so nowhere near the watch.

Something else I just noticed when I tried to change the club the X1 wasn't available as an option to choose. Maybe I need to go look at my bag setup. I'm also using V3 tags at the moment so maybe thats part of the problem though since most other work fine maybe not.

This is the first time I had issues with the putts that I noticed. Its weird because I have been pretty lax on the pin collect for most rounds but today I really made sure to use it properly and the putting didn't work great.
So I remember @GavinwithaR1 saying once that if the system can't read the tag, it goes back in to history and uses a club it remember that hit that distance.
I was having troubles with a "Ghost" 7w it was putting in. It was pulling in a Bridgestone 7w for me, from 2017.

I had two instances, both before the latest firmware, where I got the phantom clubs and weird shot placements. Both times, it started on the same 16th hole of my course. In both cases, I checked when I got home and the watch was not reading tags, new or old. A hard reset at that time fixed that issue.

Since the latest firmware was released, no issues like this.

So I'm basically doing the same thing except on the V3 you did it after you were done with the hole.
With the X5 you have to interactive with it on every putt according to the instructions.
No, on the V3 you used that top right button while standing over the putt location, before you walked toward the hole to either mark your 2nd putt or to mark the hole location. I guess you could wait until you were done with the hole, but it would have to be before you marked the pin location. Maybe walk back to where you putted each putt from, then marked the hole location? I doubt you did that.

No, on the V3 you used that top right button while standing over the putt location, before you walked toward the hole to either mark your 2nd putt or to mark the hole location. I guess you could wait until you were done with the hole, but it would have to be before you marked the pin location. Maybe walk back to where you putted each putt from, then marked the hole location? I doubt you did that.
On my V3, I just hit the button that correlated with the correct putt count at the pin placement.
The system noted where I putt from. I didn't touch the watch any other time.
Thought that the X5 worked the same way.

View attachment 9183192

Now the bad today..

Similar to my experience. Everything is working much better with the updates, but putting is still a disaster. In auto, get everything as 2 or 4 foot. In manual, on the back 9 randomly starts at 2 and can't change it.

On my V3, I just hit the button that correlated with the correct putt count at the pin placement.
Seems like you're talking about auto mode, they're talking about manual.

Then you were in Auto mode, not manual!

Similar to my experience. Everything is working much better with the updates, but putting is still a disaster. In auto, get everything as 2 or 4 foot. In manual, on the back 9 randomly starts at 2 and can't change it.
So funny this came up as I was going to post in the Data Interpretation thread if anyone noticed if the putting parameters had changed on ShotScope.
My First round was the 26th after the latest Firmware update:
1685557977255.png

9h today and a new experience…

it looked like the right side of the screen didn’t work…so I could deduct putts at the ‘Collect Pin’ screen with the ‘-‘ minus button…but not add with the ‘+’ button…same with next ‘score’ screen…

Ended my round with a score of -3…which I wish was true…

Thought I had the X5 plugged in all day. Found out I didn’t push the charging connector in fully. Got it charged to 51%. Let’s see if that’s enough for slow league 9 hole.

Got done with 9 hole league play. Played in 2 hours, have 30% battery left (started with 50% because of my mistake). X5 with the X5 tags performed well. It did miss a second shot and chip on my first hole and a second shot on my 6th hole. The chip I think was because I choked down on the club, the two second shots I've got not idea (but I do not take practice swings, so may need to be more deliberate on tapping the tag to the band). Distances were on, using the X5 and the L2 helped me at times with my approach distances using the flag distance as my defect front number, and the back of green number on the x5 and choosing a club in between those.

1685581074122.png

Apparently that change helped this round as this is my highest stroked gained approach ever. Will see if this trend continues (hint: it won't cause that is too high). The 5th hole still didn't work out (it was my first hole today and hit a hook left OOB.)

I did run into a funny situation. The third member of my group in league was in a cart by himself, somehow he got turned around going to the starting hole (5th) and drove to the 6th instead. My and my cartner played 5 as scheduled, met up with the other guy on 6 to play our round. Then on 4 (our last) I ended the round on the X5 as we were packing up, but the 3rd guy still had to play the 5th hole, so my cartner and I played an extra hole. When i went to sync rounds, two showed up 1 my 9 hole league round, and 2 the bonus hole. The bonus hole showed up and was properly tracked even though I had ended the round, no idea why that happened?

When i went to sync rounds, two showed up 1 my 9 hole league round, and 2 the bonus hole. The bonus hole showed up and was properly tracked even though I had ended the round, no idea why that happened?
I had something similar happen. Because the course was preparing for the renovations that started Tuesday, one day last week they closed the front nine for several hours, starting us off on 10. It would have been a long wait to sit until the front re-opened, so, with nobody on 10, we teed off on 18, picked up our balls and replayed the back 9 starting on 11. The watch (I was using the V3 that day) reacted weirdly as I had to manually select the Pin Collect screen instead of it automatically showing up on each hole. Distances seemed correct, and it advanced to the next hole each time correctly, but appeared as two separate 9-hole rounds when I uploaded that day. I guess you can't play the same nine or even one hole twice and have it be part of an existing round.

I had something similar happen. Because the course was preparing for the renovations that started Tuesday, one day last week they closed the front nine for several hours, starting us off on 10. It would have been a long wait to sit until the front re-opened, so, with nobody on 10, we teed off on 18, picked up our balls and replayed the back 9 starting on 11. The watch (I was using the V3 that day) reacted weirdly as I had to manually select the Pin Collect screen instead of it automatically showing up on each hole. Distances seemed correct, and it advanced to the next hole each time correctly, but appeared as two separate 9-hole rounds when I uploaded that day. I guess you can't play the same nine or even one hole twice and have it be part of an existing round.

Yeah, I just found it weird because I had ended the round and quit tracking. The watch was just in watch mode.

While tracking shots, the small clock at the top of the screen is always in 24-hr mode for me, too, regardless of what watch face it is using when not in tracking mode.

It would be nice if this time would use the same time preferences from the Settings option.

Also I did notice that while tracking the clock definitely only shows 24 hour time at the top. Hadn't noticed that before.

I didn't have any issues moving between screens, and did use the last distance feature a few times. Once to help my playing partner find his drive that he crushed through the fairway.

Oh and for getting out of the pin collect screen when you have to walk through the green to get to a ball that went off the back I did just have to press the bottom button on the right side which brought up a question on if you wanted to exit pin collect, I selected exit and it went back to F/M/B, played my chip and once I was on the green the watch returned to pin collect screen.

I think my watch or charger might be broken :( I have a round this morning and when I went to put it on the screen was black and it doesn't turn on. No obvious damage and I confirmed the USB plug I'm using is working. I have a ticket into Shot Scope support to see what they recommend.

I think my watch or charger might be broken :( I have a round this morning and when I went to put it on the screen was black and it doesn't turn on. No obvious damage and I confirmed the USB plug I'm using is working. I have a ticket into Shot Scope support to see what they recommend.
Did you make sure the watch end "snapped" into the socket?

Last night the X5 worked okay but once again missed a few shots I had to add back in. It is almost always when I have to hit a second shot near where I hit the first. I did have an odd first error when I tried to sync the round to the app on my phone. It gave an error and wouldn't try again until I killed the app and restarted it but then it was fine

Back