The Open Championship Contest & Thread Sponsored by Callaway Golf [SPOILERS]

And that's game over for DJ, out of bounds on 14. The engraver can start getting ready now.

DJ out of bounds! Ha!

DJ went OB.. ouch

DJ goes OB!

As I said before, I dont think this tournament is over at all. This back 9 is going to steal strokes from everybody.

DJ is done now....can't believe he hit that OB like that. Not a good shot at all...

And that's game over for DJ, out of bounds on 14. The engraver can start getting ready now.

They made that mistake with Van Develde.
Have you not watched any of the back 9 this week? hehe
Every guy is giving up strokes. Heck DC is two lucky bounces away from double bogeys.

Im not saying he wont win, but I would never call it over on this back 9 with less than a 5 stroke lead.

Ha...I think so! Did not expect him to shoot 4 under but to not have any colors on the card is just weird. Not his typical style of play. Perhaps someone told him that shooting par may win it and he is content with that :D

those pars and looking better and better for fowler now. may not get him the win, but his name is getting higher and higher on that board

DJ goes OB!

As I said before, I dont think this tournament is over at all. This back 9 is going to steal strokes from everybody.

I think you may be the only one that thinks it's not over. Clarke should have a 4 shot lead with 4 to play after he finishes 14.

This reminds me of Royal Birkdale in 2008, where it was close through most of the final round before Padraig Harrington took over and won by 4 going away.

Oh dang. I'll say this, when DJ finally gets it, he will be the most resilient badass on tour.

HAHA.
They said that about Westwood many years ago.
They also said that about Anthony Kim.

those pars and looking better and better for fowler now. may not get him the win, but his name is getting higher and higher on that board

Fowler's actually dropped two spots soince the round started. But if these guys keep giving shots back , he might start working his way back up.

I think you may be the only one that thinks it's not over. Clarke should have a 4 shot lead with 4 to play after he finishes 14.

This reminds me of Royal Birkdale in 2008, where it was close through most of the final round before Padraig Harrington took over and won by 4 going away.

Im not saying he wont win.
But those same "media" that are calling it over, have done so every time a guy has a 3 stroke lead on the back 9 of every major there has been. Based on past history of ANYTHING, I like to see things play out.

HAHA.

and Sergio... Although they did say that about Phil in majors at one point too....

HAHA.

I find it funny that the words Westwood and badass are associated together in any situation.

Has to be Clarke's to loose now. 4 shot lead with 4 to play

Well - Rickie heard me about the plain card. Just bogeyed 14! LOL

Well - Rickie heard me about the plain card. Just bogeyed 14! LOL

And then birdied 15! Good for rickie, would like to see him get another bird and move up.

JB... is this where I talk about Phil choking as usual?

The fat lady hasn't sung yet, but she is warming up!

It seems all the other players are happy letting DC win this. No-one is able to make a putt!

talk about another break for DC, bounces over another bunker!

DC is getting some unreal bounces. Hate to say it, but its like someone out there is helping him along.

JB... is this where I talk about Phil choking as usual?

Its called the APPROPRIATE thread. You know the one with Spoiler in the title. THe one that people know to stay away from if they are out playing and DVR the coverage.
Phil going into the round was 5 back. Made an amazing front 9 run and then fell off on the tough back 9.
Sounds awful familiar to anther multiple major winner at Augusta.

Your objective thoughts are awesome though. I can tell you are a big fan...HAHA!

Back