Your Last Topped Tee Shot?

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
I was speaking to a friend of mine who is really really good and he was playing with a couple of tour players and topped his drive on the first tee.

When was your last topped tee shot?

haha, happens too often to remember the 'latest' one.

Reactions: Ooo
2 rounds ago. And my guess is prior to that it was a couple years prior.

Friday :cool:

Now you're speaking my language.

August 9th 2023
How do you remember this but not remember your last bomb of a putt? lol

Last Friday, Hole 18, 2i Utility in hand. Topped it a cool 70 yards to the red tees. Good way to end the round :mad:

Honestly, its been a while... but the one that comes to mind as the most recent was THP Budget Championship experience. Tee box pressure is real and hell to deal with!

Last round lol. Topped a 3-iron all of about 80 yards into the fescue - ended up making a 'good' bogey.

I probably top a tee shot once every 4 or 5 rounds give or take and it is usually with less than driver.

It's a very rare occurrence, especially off the tee (or used to be) then topped a ball off the tee, TWO weeks in a row.... with a 3 wood!!! :oops:
We'll see if i can go for the trifecta tonight! :rolleyes:

EDIT: Yep. 3rd week in a row. Topped tee shot, same hole. The rest of the round wasn't anything to write home about. Let's see if i can break this streak next time out.

Last edited:
I was speaking to a friend of mine who is really really good and he was playing with a couple of tour players and topped his drive on the first tee.

When was your last topped tee shot?
I think you already know.... and may have video of it :ROFLMAO:

Yesterday....:rolleyes:

Saturday, topped 2 tee shots :( I have completely lost my driver swing in the last 4 rounds. It's bad.

18th hole Friday. Don’t think I even made it to the senior tees. Managed to salvage par with a great 3 wood and solid approach.

Last time I topped driver was a few rounds ago in June. However, two weeks ago I topped a 6i on a par 3 straight into creek that has no business being in play.

17 (which is really #8) at Shadowmoss. The last hole is a par 3 - so, my last driver of the day, had been a good day, tired as hell, walking in well over 100 degree (feels like temp), about 110? This was about a month ago. Topped into a waterway in front of the tee, dropped, had a great lie grabbed the 3 wood topped it too! HAHAHAHA What a way to end what was to that point a career round.

Stories and memories are ok by me too.

Literally last Thursday and I have the SS data to prove it lol and the follow up 5i not too great either :LOL:
Screenshot_20230823_160946_Shot Scope.jpg

Playing hybrid off the tee has eliminated this from my long checklist of available sh***y shots. Start a thread on big fat chunks and I’m with you.

This past weekend unfortunately

Monday. Really hurt the driving average

Back