ClairefromClare

Give 'em Helen!
Reaction score
Handicap
Brazilian
Opinions, recommendations, pans.

I already have two questions.

Josh, I notice you have the revolver. How'd you like it? I thought it was an interesting concept, but when I saw one in person (two years ago), the top looked for all the world like a cardboard egg carton. Couldn't get past that, and I'm not trying to be insulting here. It was just offputting.

Harry loves the Ogio Vaporlite, and I've never asked why. Is it the lightest men's bag out there, or something? I adore my Sun Mountain 3.5. I can't feel it when I'm carrying, and I like making a caddy carry a bright pink bag. But I saw a baby blue Vaporlite recently and fell into instant lust.

Glad you started this thread, because I am looking at a new bag.

As for the Vaporlite, I like it because of the club organization system ("Woode"):

woode_9_top.jpg

and because of the weight (~3.7 lbs)

On the other hand, the legs are terrible and the quality is so-so. And the internal dividers are only 3/4 length, so club tangle still occurs.

I've been complaining for 2 years that no one seems to want to build the perfect carry/stand bag - light, good straps, good divider system, good legs. The Nike SaSquatch was close with 14-way dividers and a listed weight of "under 5 lbs", but I picked that thing up and it was NOT under 5 pounds. More like 6.5 lbs.

However, Sun Mountain just came out with a new bag called the "Four:5" (it weighs 4.5 lbs).

[FONT=VERDANA, ARIAL, HELVETICA][FONT=VERDANA, ARIAL, HELVETICA]
four5_dk_grn_LG.jpg
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
It has a 14-way full-length divider system, pretty good legs, a good strap system, and when I picked it up, it honestly felt like it was 4.5 lbs. Plus, the top is 10.5" instead of 9" - for less crowding.

I filled it full of clubs at the store, and they all slide in and out with no tangle. Of course, 15 minutes in the store is not the same a using it for a couple of rounds when you got your balls, rangefinder, rain gear, etc. filling up the bag and pushing in against the club area.

So, I'm still skeptical. Especially with a price of $189.

But it's the best bag I've seen in a while.

I remember your post about it elsewhere and wasn't convinced the dividers were full length. That's one mystery solved. And it probably explains the extra pound of weight. My 3.5 is just so gosh darn cute.

I love my bag boy revolver. It is much sturdier than it might appear to me. No club clatter either.
However my better half just got the Nike bag that is Houndstooth and it is amazing.

I love my bag boy revolver. It is much sturdier than it might appear to me. No club clatter either.
However my better half just got the Nike bag that is Houndstooth and it is amazing.

This one?

16625.jpg
This woman likes houndstooth, doesn't she?

My future LPGA star just insisted I include this smilie: :in-love:

That is the bag. She is more into Argyle than anything else. But I can tell you that that bag with 1 or 2 nice head covers in it is spectacular. By far the nicest I have ever seen.

I've been nothing but happy with my Nike Sasquatch Tour stand bag.

http://www.nike.com/index.jhtml?l=n...,s-sasquatch tour stand bag&re=US&co=US&la=EN

14 full length dividers, pockets galore, comfy straps, and reasonably light. I don't have any problem humping it around the course. It's worlds better than the old Spalding bag I had before. The straps come off easily, and it makes a pretty good cart bag as well.

She is more into Argyle than anything else.

"Too much Argyle" is a concept that simply doesn't exist. But, for $1,679, I can resist.

Christian%20Dior%20Golf%20Bag%20Argle%20II.jpg

Shes has the matching shoes. She has just about everything Nike released in their summer collection. SHe loved that line. Having www.golflocker.com and their only local store made it easy I guess.

Shes has the matching shoes. She has just about everything Nike released in their summer collection. SHe loved that line. Having www.golflocker.com and their only local store made it easy I guess.

I actually liked their women's lines too (for looking at, not wearing!) and I would link to them, but it's a flash site. So, if anyone is interested, go here and click on "Experience" >>> "Women's"

http://www.nike.com/nikegolf/index.htm

SHe has almost everything. But I will say that you are right, for the first time in years, Nike Women's line was outstanding.

Are we ever going to meet this paragon, Josh?

I actually liked their women's lines too (for wearing!) and I would link to them, but it's a flash site. So, if anyone is interested, go here and click on "Experience" >>> "Women's"

[URL]http://www.nike.com/nikegolf/index.htm
[/URL]

Fixed it for ya.

That site is annoying. I want to go where I want to go and not have to sit through video.

Not really cranky--just sleepy.

I agree. But so many places sell the line, you can find it elsewhere. A little off topic. Did anyone see the Tiger Woods Men's belt that was in Golf Magazine this month? It has a wood placque belt buckle....Very nice, just can't find it anywhere online. Trying to convince Nike to send us one as part of the review.

Im with you...Its Argygle all the time if you ask me. But that one is not for me based on price.

I've always resented the idea of paying to wear a logo. I figure that if some manufacturer wants the ad space, they should be paying me, not vice versa.

Dont buy a bag just yet. We have a few companies that did not want to miss out on the opportunity to showcase their new bags for all the readers at THP. They items are on their way to us now, but I can tell you this. For the female readers on this site/forum, these are for you.

And here I have two perfectly good bags... though the Datrek is a 2006 model, and the chocolate/turquoise combination is passe.

Back