Smoking on the course

David7

Reaction score
Handicap
What are your thoughts about people smoking while playing? Whether it be cigarettes or cigars.

I have a confession; I can't STAND secondhand smoke. If someone is going to smoke, at least be mindful of the streamline smoke going towards others. The last couple of times I've been paired with others, both groups had smokers. The latest the guy kept placing his cigar down on the putting green which I thought to be rather irritating.

SAITA or is being paired with smokers an annoyance?

For the record, if someone keeps their distance while smoking I'm indifferent about it.

Doesn't bother me so long as they're being courteous. That includes not ashing on the green, and making sure the butt is out and disposing of it appropriately.

We don’t have a people , smoking cigars on course in decades playing never witnessed it …..

As for general smoking ( could include vaping ) don’t like it in my face or general area ….

If they have separation, ( another fairway, etc that’s almost, acceptable. But not as a partner - potentially in a cart , or in a group .

Prefer the fresh air and atmosphere , rather than that .

I'm not a fan, but if people so desire I will just keep to myself and avoid the smoke.

It doesn't bother me as long as they don't ash on the green.

I'm fine with whatever anyone else wants to do. Agree I don't want to look at butts laying around but other than that I'm fine with folks smoking.

If I started letting other peoples odors and hygiene bother me when outdoors, I would never leave my home.

I don’t mind it and I have the occasional cigar myself. I always appreciate if someone asks if I mind and always do the same if I’m planning to have one. So long as people are courteous and don’t drop butts or ash all over the course, especially the green, enjoy yourself

It doesn’t bother me personally, but I also have been known to smoke a cigar or two while on the course or at home.

I am however very aware of others and will bring it up/ask if it bothers anyone else around me.

Don't like it when they dump a big pile of cigar ash near the hole on a green -- kinda like sunflower seeds.

also don't like the putting practice area when an insecure golfer joins in the practice putting, and he needs his little security stick to be among others. :eek: (n) (n)

Not a fan, but that's for me to deal with, not them. I usually just keep my distance as best as I can.

I don't smoke. I do occasionally have a cigar and usually regret it afterwards when my mouth taste like $3#$% for 24 hours afterwards. But I actually love the smell of a good cigar, marijuana, and cigarette at a distance.

Burn em if you got em... just don't offer me one. 2 years since my last heater 😂

Free country, I just ask them to please try to keep the smoke downwind of me. I don't like the way they smell and they sometime irritate my allergies. And I hate those smokers that just drop butts anywhere and everywhere instead of disposing of them properly.

People can do as they choose... not my business unless it affects me.... If you're my cartner and you're blowing smoke in my face then I'd ask kindly to refrain at least while riding... I actually like the smell of a good cigar and will partake if the occasion fits... golf course isn't the occasion for me

Free country, I just ask them to please try to keep the smoke downwind of me. I don't like the way they smell and they sometime irritate my allergies. And I hate those smokers that just drop butts anywhere and everywhere instead of disposing of them properly.
I admittedly don't like the smell, but it upsets me because of the carcinogens.

I admittedly don't like the smell, but it upsets me because of the carcinogens.
Then I would very much stay away from processed meat and foods.

I don't mind it. Why don't people smoke pipes anymore? Those smell good.

I smoked cigarettes for 25+ years, the smell doesn't really bother me as long as they're being somewhat considerate and not blowing it in my face. Same with cigars, and I still occasionally smoke a cigar on the course. I vape, and I make sure to blow it away from my cartner if I'm riding - some are very sensitive about any kind of smoke/vapor and others don't care, it's just common courtesy to not be obnoxious about it regardless.

I'm not a fan, but it is what it is. I'm also not a fan of vegans or people who do crossfit but here we are.

Honestly though, as long as they are respectful and not blowing smoke in my face it doesn't really matter to me much.

Not a fan, but I also don't let it ruin my day. If someone was being inconsiderate with it, I'd probably speak up. That would allow me to keep my cool, and them to choose whether they want to keep being a richard or not.

One guy who's a sub for my league smokes a pipe. I got paired with him a couple times, much better smell though I still don't enjoy it, its not nearly as odorous.

Pipes are fiddly and a lot of work. I wouldn't want to mess around with one on the golf course, too much hassle.

It’s one thing to be stuck in an enclosed space with a smoker. No one should have to endure that. And I can understand not wanting to share a cart with a smoker - even if it doesn’t bother me in the least.

But I don’t agree with the outrage some folks have over outside smoking when the worst thing that’ll happen is you might catch a whiff. That by itself is probably not going to harm anyone more than a lot of other things we breathe in or ingest.

Smokers can be an easy target for those who want to b*tch about others.

Back