Callaway Apex Pro Series Irons

Loading up the 4-10 this morning to take to the course. Will try to get some recorded data soon, but in only about half an hour hitting on the monitor only (no sim powered on) I was seeing the gaps I prefer, which is what I expected. Playing off a 163-165 8i with 10-12 yard gaps on either side. That excites me.

Last edited:
Loading up the 4-10 this morning to take to the course. Will try to get some recorded data soon, but I’m only about half an hour hitting on the monitor only (no sim powered on) I was seeing the gaps I prefer, which is what I expected. Playing off a 163-165 8i with 10-12 yard gaps on either side. That excites me.
Excited to hear some thoughts on turf interaction, visual ball flight and workability.

Excited to hear some thoughts on turf interaction, visual ball flight and workability.
Soles are notably different, which for me should be a very good thing as interaction goes.

They’re here and they’re spectacular.

IMG_9691.jpegIMG_9692.jpegIMG_9693.jpegIMG_9694.jpeg

It’s 35 degrees. I’m about to walk. These might break me.

I have to work, so my tee time with the Pros this afternoon is 3 pm......it will be slightly warmer, good luck

I will be testing the CB’s 4-PW(10) with Dynamic Gold Mid 115 X100 shafts, coming from the 21 Apex Pros 4-AW with Nippon NS Pro Modus3 120X shafts.

My game is a bit in shambles right now although it’s primarily problems off the tee. Hope to get some initial club to ball thoughts in the next few days on SkyTrak in the garage.

It’s 35 degrees. I’m about to walk. These might break me.
Walking keeps you warm at least...but ya, looking down at some of these CB pictures, and thinking of 30 degree weather, hurts my hands...

I will be testing the CB’s 4-PW(10) with Dynamic Gold Mid 115 X100 shafts, coming from the 21 Apex Pros 4-AW with Nippon NS Pro Modus3 120X shafts.

My game is a bit in shambles right now although it’s primarily problems off the tee. Hope to get some initial club to ball thoughts in the next few days on SkyTrak in the garage.
What do you think you'll see coming from the 21 Apex Pros? What are you hoping to gain?

Let’s get it.

IMG_4878.jpeg

What do you think you'll see coming from the 21 Apex Pros? What are you hoping to gain?
I don’t think I’ll be gaining much of anything 😆 these irons are definitely going to be a test. Looking down initially at the CB’s versus the Pros, I did not find them visually intimidating (although that could just be my tiny brain). Very interested to see comparisons from top to bottom and curious how the progressive CG impacts ball flight.

We currently have a 35° four iron stripe show

Just took a 9i CB from 150 in the 35 degree temp and stuffed it like a sack of flour to 2 feet.

Just took a 9i CB from 150 in the 35 degree temp and stuffed it like a sack of flour to 2 feet.
Hearing things like this continues to ease the hesitation I had with moving from the standard 21 Apex to the 24 Apex Pros. I know we all don't have the same distances but I feel I have enough speed to keep my distances very similar.

Hearing things like this continues to ease the hesitation I had with moving from the standard 21 Apex to the 24 Apex Pros. I know we all don't have the same distances but I feel I have enough speed to keep my distances very similar.
The pros offer a lot more playability than the CB for sure. In my personal opinion, they’re scary close to as forgiving as the standard Apex.

That said, this is proving to me you put a small iron in my hands, I know what I’m doing. If there’s any size at all, to my eye, in the 7-W, then I’m just hoping while I swing. So dumb, but so true.

In my personal opinion, they’re scary close to as forgiving as the standard Apex.
This is what I was hoping for and looking down at them on multiple clubs it's what I see. Maybe not what happens, lol, but I feel that's what my eye tells me.

Near ace with a 9i from 147. One foot.

The sound is impeccable here. Absolutely impeccable. It’s these and SMS Pro for sound (feel) in the players CB for me right now, I love the T100, but there more firm than these feedback wise.

Thumpy. 😍

IMG_4897.jpeg

Got ‘em diiiirrrty!

Hit these at CC over the weekend. I thought I was impressed with the T-150s but the Pros absolutely blew me away. Crazy hot off the face while still getting really good spin numbers in the high 5000s with a 6i. Forgiveness was impressive too. On mishits I was really only losing about 5 yards of carry

my plans fell through. appointment got moved and the course didn’t have availability this morning. so i hit the pro 8i and 5i vs king tour.

fighting the dg mid is not giving the best comparison. dispersion was better with the king tour, and i still prefer the king tour shape but not by much. the shaping difference is most notable in the long irons where the offset is more apparent.

the biggest takeaway from today was the apex pro thin mishit was going WAY farther than i expected. like, every bit as far as a flushed shot?! it was wild.

Back