Callaway Apex Pro Series Irons

Jman

Here for the Conversation
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
SOFTCAPPED
By now, you know Apex is back. That fact really hasn’t been much of a well-guarded secret for the internet, but precisely what Callaway has done with the newest version, the sleuth’s out there have not been so accurate about. Fortunately, today we can clear all of that up, as the new Callaway Apex Pro Series lineup of irons is official, and they certainly bring the ‘wow’ factor.

Continue reading...

Here we go…

That iron set sounds like it has everything and that Callaway has thought of everything. It sounds like it's going to be an awesome line up all around and for almost all golfers.

Boy… a combo set would be sweet making a good fitting so important.

I am curious about the MMT shaft in 80 gram in stiff, quite a drop in weight when in the ‘19 Apex Pro which I had that the stock graphite was the 95 gram MMT. Any thoughts @Jman on why the drop of almost 20% in shaft weight?

Oh my word. Callaway is bringing it with the Apex Pro Series line. Each line was meticulously thought out to create the many options that can be put together to allow the golfer to combo. That Player combo has my attention to the highest degree. Well done Callaway and I can’t wait to put some more swings on all three lines.
Is it crazy to think that the UT has me wanting to throw one in the bag?

Held to a higher standard indeed. Good stuff. The soles are really a big win in my book. I've been in love with the prewear/chamfered front of the Jaws Raw since I first saw it and nearly tackled a rep to check it out. Lol. And the stock shaft pairings are interesting. We'll see how that goes with everyone. Big year coming for them.

Last edited:
Oh my word. Callaway is bringing it with the Apex Pro Series line. Each line was meticulously thought out to create the many options that can be put together to allow the golfer to combo. That Player combo has my attention to the highest degree. Well done Callaway and I can’t wait to put some more swings on all three lines.
Is it crazy to think that the UT has me wanting to throw one in the bag?
Have fun in December picking out your personal Apex set! Every option at your fingertip!

Have fun in December picking out your personal Apex set! Every option at your fingertip!
It’s going to be crazy…I think I’ve already jotted down 4 bag set ups in the past 5 mins.

It’s going to be crazy…I think I’ve already jotted down 4 bag set ups in the past 5 mins.
You’ll come up with at least one new idea a day for the next 4 months haha

As a really big TCB fan the changes to the CB will be interesting on a personal level. I was a fan of the heel side cg and compact shape. A comparison will be really interesting there.

Held to as higher standard indeed. Good stuff. The soles are really a big win in my book and the stock shaft pairings are interesting. We'll see how that goes with everyone. Big year coming for them.
The soles grabbed my attention. Interested with the shaft pairings as I tend to gravitate towards a heavier shaft. Graphite will be in the cards for me as I am seeing good success with my current set make up.

I noticed that on the hosel they are stamped “forged 24” and wonder the reasoning behind it. I don’t recall previous version of the Apex have that stamped.

Really like the progressive CG, and the pre-worn leading edge like the Jaws Raw. The number of combo sets that are going to be ordered I would think is going to be crazy high.

All three look very nice at address, as does the UT. No doubt in my mind these will be hugely popular.

Those look so good! I’ve been waiting to hear about this release

The soles grabbed my attention. Interested with the shaft pairings as I tend to gravitate towards a heavier shaft. Graphite will be in the cards for me as I am seeing good success with my current set make up.

I noticed that on the hosel they are stamped “forged 24” and wonder the reasoning behind it. I don’t recall previous version of the Apex have that stamped.
Wasn't there a thing with the last ones? I feel like I recall some saying just '21 and some saying Forged '21. Or something? I remember Dnevs or Finley saying they were kind of collectors items because it was unintentional for part of a run but I can't remember which it was or was supposed to be now. 🤔

Damn it. Their everything I want in a club..

Wasn't there a thing with the last ones? I feel like I recall some saying just '21 and some saying Forged '21. Or something? I remember Dnevs or Finley saying they were kind of collectors items because it was unintentional for part of a run but I can't remember which it was or was supposed to be now. 🤔
I looked yesterday at the 21’s but the stamping wasn’t there. Wondering is it was on random sets. 🤷‍♂️

Pretty cool to see progressive CG be one of the leading talking point and glad to see the possibility to combo being a continued trend both in the marketplace at large and a continuation of the Apex line

did I mention they look sharp!

You see that @OldandStiff? longer blade lengths asked for by everyone. Not just me. 😂

Still too much offset in the pro. Bit of a bummer but I get it.

Still too much offset in the pro. Bit of a bummer but I get it.
It's the one of the players heads more towards the meat of the player curve so it makes sense.

Just means more CBs for you. 😜

IMG_5518.jpeg

These may be too much club for a hacker like me, but they are a nice looking set and love the ability to blend the different offerings to get the setup you want.

Back