MSEASU

Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Is there one you putt well from all situations and distances? Or does one work well for some putts and the other for different putts?

I dont jive with blade putters, except for an occasional round with the #1W.

Mallets just are my preferred style, and work well for me.

Mallet in general, my center shafted mid mallet in particular. Great putter.

I tend to prefer the blade (wide blade/1.5/double wide) overall compared to mallets. In look and result. This year had been interesting changing that up a bit.

I’m putting well with a Mallet. So I’m team Mallet.

I like both. I think I putt better from distance with a blade and make more short ones with a mallet

Mallets are vomit inducing. That's all.

I lag better with blade but like mallet 6 feet and in. Rarely stay with a mallet for long but I want to try one again.

I tend to be pretty steadily a mallet guy. I haven’t used a blade in years.

I have for years putt really well with a mallet putter, so I'm not changing.

I’m a mallet guy. I like the alignment the most.

I’m like wide blades best.

Is there one you putt well from all situations and distances? Or does one work well for some putts and the other for different putts?
As long as I can hit a straight putt with it, that putter works for me.

I've used both blades and mallets with good results. Currently I'm using a mallet style.

It's been all blade for forever for me.

Trying to change that for fun, because it seems like a fun challenge.
You and I could be the complete opposites of golfers.

I love a good blade. Classic shape, super clean. Sometimes I putt ok with them.

Full mallet? I like an Odyssey #7.

Mid Mallet, give me a Cleveland #11S. My gamer most of the season, and am really grooved with it.

Blade for over 40 years but have been strictly with mallets for the past 1.5 years with no plans to go back to a blade on a regular basis.

For ages I was a Newport style blade user. That changed with a Futura 7M and an ensuing slew of mallet putters. Recently took a Squareback 2 out on a test drive. I found my stroke had a more natural flow to it. No matter what style putter I use, hitting my line and speed has been pretty solid. I always felt my stroke fought a face balanced or near face balanced but results were good so I literally just rolled with it. The Squareback 2 has restored a fluidity to my putting stroke with no loss of performance.

Mallet I keep trying blades out and there is no need for me to do that lol.

Back