Golf Ball Question

cazzara

Reaction score
Handicap
I just got back from my driver fitting at Golftec and ended up ordering the Titleist 910D3 with the Rip 60 Stiff shaft. My numbers are as follows:

Ball Speed: 145.5
Clubhead Speed: 100.3
Launch Angle: 13.6
Spin: 3312

According to the report I need to increase my launch angle (optimum is 14.6) and decrease my spin (optimum is 2910).

I was hitting it on average 250.

I currently play the Bridgeston B-330RX but was fitted using a Pro-V1. I know they spin more than mine. Can anyone recomend a ball that would help bring me to my optimal numbers?

When you did your driver fitting, what ball did you use to get those numbers?

I just got back from my driver fitting at Golftec and ended up ordering the Titleist 910D3 with the Rip 60 Stiff shaft. My numbers are as follows:

According to the report I need to increase my launch angle (optimum is 14.6) and decrease my spin (optimum is 2910).

I currently play the Bridgeston B-330RX but was fitted using a Pro-V1. I know they spin more than mine. Can anyone recomend a ball that would help bring me to my optimal numbers?

i think this answers your question JB.

if less spin is what you need, you could go with something like the NXT tour or the TaylorMade TP black

i think this answers your question JB.

if less spin is what you need, you could go with something like the NXT tour or the TaylorMade TP black

Actually that could have been something different. Many places use standard balls and then fit based on numbers off those standard balls.
And check the spin numbers of the TP black vs the Pro V1. Not sure that is the right rec in my opinion.

Yes. I was fitted with a Pro-V1. I asked if they had the B-330Rx's there to be fitted with and he said they only use Pro-V's

I love the B-330Rx but not sure it would bring my numbers to where they need to be so All recomondations are welcomed!

Low Priced - Top Flight D2 Feel
Mid Priced - Bridgestone E6
High Priced - Nike 20X1 x

Actually that could have been something different. Many places use standard balls and then fit based on numbers off those standard balls.
And check the spin numbers of the TP black vs the Pro V1. Not sure that is the right rec in my opinion.

I agree.... TP Black can be on the spinny side at times.

The RX is not the spinniest urethane ball out there. Give it a shot and go from there. Or, get fitted for a ball.

Yes. I was fitted with a Pro-V1. I asked if they had the B-330Rx's there to be fitted with and he said they only use Pro-V's

I love the B-330Rx but not sure it would bring my numbers to where they need to be so All recomondations are welcomed!

I would hop on the monitor with your new driver and the RX. Should bring spin down a little bit.

I would hop on the monitor with your new driver and the RX. Should bring spin down a little bit.

even if the RX is not the answer, I would suggest trying to find another bridgestone fitting and using your new driving when going through the fitting. They should definitely be able to find the right ball for your new driver/swing.

Thanks everyone! I will try them out!

This is interesting. Do you think that if you were fit using a different ball that the club/shaft recommendation might have been different?

Should a player pick a ball first and then get fit for clubs using that ball? If you select clubs first will results change significantly if the ball is changed?

I would not want to select a driver based on results with Top Flight balls if I know I will be using a B330 or ProV1.

Can we "ask the pro"?

Last edited:
Doesn't the Pro V1 have more spin than the RX? You should be fine with the RX.

Back