2023 Titleist T-Series Irons

Got my first round of 2024 on Sunday. This is the first year I’ve gone into the new golf season with a full bag of clubs I’m confident in. My putting has been better lately but I’ve struggle with tight lies around the greens. Sunday I’ll use my T200 7 iron to chip and bump ‘n run with. As much as I’m loving my T200’s, I’m looking forward to seeing what Titleist has planned for drivers this year, really excited about that.

Got my first round of 2024 on Sunday. This is the first year I’ve gone into the new golf season with a full bag of clubs I’m confident in. My putting has been better lately but I’ve struggle with tight lies around the greens. Sunday I’ll use my T200 7 iron to chip and bump ‘n run with. As much as I’m loving my T200’s, I’m looking forward to seeing what Titleist has planned for drivers this year, really excited about that.
Love the bump and run idea. Let us know how the 7i works out!

Took my 6-GW T150’s in to my club builder to swap out the shafts and put in my Steelfibres from old irons into them plus add new grips to start the season.

Still waiting for the warranty replacement of the T200 5 iron but hope it shows up soon and then I’ll swap out that shaft and be good to go. Can’t wait to finally hit this combo. My fitting was mid-September so almost 4 months between swings… too long.

Took my 6-GW T150’s in to my club builder to swap out the shafts and put in my Steelfibres from old irons into them plus add new grips to start the season.

Still waiting for the warranty replacement of the T200 5 iron but hope it shows up soon and then I’ll swap out that shaft and be good to go. Can’t wait to finally hit this combo. My fitting was mid-September so almost 4 months between swings… too long.
What shafts did you fit into?

We had a group of 8 at the THP Experience with these irons and some have done a great job of updating thoughts and sharing feedback.

If you haven’t been doing that, it’s time to start. Thank you.

One thing id say is be careful with wedge gapping when you order a set of these. As i've talked about in this thread these clubs are very long. I go from 48-54-60 with my wedges, with the 48 degree being the set T150 and then a 54 SM9

I might order a 52 degree SM9

The 48 degree GW is probably a 20yd gap with my 54.

Again i don't know what kind of magic pixie dust they put in the T150s but they go a mile

One thing id say is be careful with wedge gapping when you order a set of these. As i've talked about in this thread these clubs are very long. I go from 48-54-60 with my wedges, with the 48 degree being the set T150 and then a 54 SM9

Again i don't know what kind of magic pixie dust they put in the T150s but they go a mile
That’s about where I am at to my 54. I thought about bending 54 to 53 to pair with my 58.

I was able to hit the range yesterday once things warmed up to a blistering 34°. No golf due to snow today, but a good session working on contact with the 7 and 4 irons.

I brought a radar with me to check speed since it feels like I am loosing distance. Turns out my swing speed with the irons is low. I think I am hesitating a little, but even with swing issues, I saw great ball flight, high and mostly straight with both irons.

Moving the ball a little further back helped stop any pulls and I had a neat line of divots going with both irons. I am still very happy with these and know they will play a roll in 2024 being my best year of golf.

My first round of the year was Thursday in normal league. I keep saying this but the T150 just go high and straight, tons of forgiveness packed in. My fitter did such a great job fitting me with the modus shafts. I do have the T350 4i and I feel so confident with it. I used to always be uncomfortable if I had a 4 or 5 into greens. Now I am just as confident as hitting my 7i.

Wedge gapping is something I am think about, too. The 48° and 54° have a 25 yard gap for me, but the versatility of the 48° makes it useful from full swings up to where I’d start using the 54 Vokey. I may go 52°/58° to try that combo out but it’s not a must yet.

I bent my 48 to 46 and my next wedge is 54. Marni told us at the Titleist Experience to gap according to yardages, not the numbers on the clubs. That was valuable advice.

Wedge gapping is something I am think about, too. The 48° and 54° have a 25 yard gap for me, but the versatility of the 48° makes it useful from full swings up to where I’d start using the 54 Vokey. I may go 52°/58° to try that combo out but it’s not a must yet.

Yeah i'm managing OK also....but if i have like 115yds it's a bit awkward.

You can usually manage with deciding to play short or long of a hole too in order to change the yardage a bit.

But i'd probably rather a 52 all things considered for a bit more coverage. I'd probably be more comfortable hitting a 52 105yds than a 48 115yds

I bent my 48 to 46 and my next wedge is 54. Marni told us at the Titleist Experience to gap according to yardages, not the numbers on the clubs. That was valuable advice.

That's a pretty big gap no? 8 degrees? Especially a T iron vs a blade wedge

That's a pretty big gap no? 8 degrees? Especially a T iron vs a blade wedge
With my previous Cleveland wedges I bent my 54 to 55 for better gapping, but I prefer to open up the face on my Vokey 54 to cover the gap from my 54 to 60. It’s my favorite club, and it’s what works for me.

My average yardages are:
PW: 105
GW (46): 90
54: 70
60: 45

Played today in the freezing cold. Loving the feel of these irons, well struck shots feel like almost nothing. Getting good height out of the t150 too.

Played today in the freezing cold. Loving the feel of these irons, well struck shots feel like almost nothing. Getting good height out of the t150 too.
Are you playing your normal ball during the cold months?

Unfortunately I haven't been able to hit my irons for about 3 to 4 weeks due to a back injury but it is slowly getting better, hope to be back in simulator and swinging soon.

I go from 48 to 54 to 58 but the 48 is in the T200 and I am liking the gapping between them. The set gw is my 100 to 110 and my 54 is 90 to 100 and 58 is 75 to 85.

I am going to order fresh Vokeys with shafts matching my irons.

I am going to order fresh Vokeys with shafts matching my irons.
Love this. I'm getting a fitting though once things warm up here!!

On the wedge gapping topic, I really haven't had an issue there. I already had a 52* Vokey when I got the T-Series, which is pretty much a 100 yard club for me (in standard conditions). The 48 T150 goes about 110-115 in those conditions and the PW about 125-130.

I run into a larger gap 9i to 8i (140-145 to around 160) but that's more because of the model and loft transition (T150 to T200, 6* gap).

Had a rough round today driving and putting. A couple of bright spots today with my T200’s that still impresses me is how good these are at giving me the confidence to get out of trouble.
Here on 11 my drive put me in a horrible position after my tee shot hit a tree. I was able to pitch out with my PW and use my 9 iron with a stiff wind to my face to land on the back of the green where I then proceeded to 3 putt.IMG_7005.jpeg

By far my best iron shot of the day came on hole 4 where I had the wind to my face and put one on the back of the green where I 3 putted for bogey. I’ve got to get my putting under control, but at least my 5 iron gave me a chance.
IMG_7003.jpeg

Had a rough round today driving and putting. A couple of bright spots today with my T200’s that still impresses me is how good these are at giving me the confidence to get out of trouble.
Here on 11 my drive put me in a horrible position after my tee shot hit a tree. I was able to pitch out with my PW and use my 9 iron with a stiff wind to my face to land on the back of the green where I then proceeded to 3 putt.View attachment 9235032

By far my best iron shot of the day came on hole 4 where I had the wind to my face and put one on the back of the green where I 3 putted for bogey. I’ve got to get my putting under control, but at least my 5 iron gave me a chance.
View attachment 9235043
The T200 long irons are just confidence inspiring. Shots like the one you show above, longer approaches with death left, used to give me the straight up heeby jeebies with other irons. With these I know I can miss a little bit and it's not going to go hooking off the planet.

The T200 long irons are just confidence inspiring. Shots like the one you show above, longer approaches with death left, used to give me the straight up heeby jeebies with other irons. With these I know I can miss a little bit and it's not going to go hooking off the planet.
It’s incredible how straight these are with mishits.

Back