Callaway Apex 19 and Apex Pro 19 Irons

View attachment 8991546

So, odd thing. Putting together the last of my Apex 19 sets to pass on, and notice on this Apex Pro PW that the face is sort of ... collapsed in one spot. You can feel it pretty easily. I swear I had it happen on another one, maybe one of my 16's, but I can't remember. I think it was even a PW or AW. Disappointing though. Anyone else every had that happen?

so you're telling me i don't need to obsess over finishing my set with getting the PW?

View attachment 8991546

So, odd thing. Putting together the last of my Apex 19 sets to pass on, and notice on this Apex Pro PW that the face is sort of ... collapsed in one spot. You can feel it pretty easily. I swear I had it happen on another one, maybe one of my 16's, but I can't remember. I think it was even a PW or AW. Disappointing though. Anyone else every had that happen?
My Pro 19 9i has a small dent in the face as well. You can see it when light reflects off of it.

I sold my Smoke Combos to a buddy. He wanted to play sim golf today, but I'm waiting on TWO SETS of irons to arrive. So we shared his new (my old) set. And boy must they have missed me... I think I hit them better today than I ever have. I striped the 7 and 8 all day long. Frankly, so did he. He's having to adjust to newfound distance with his irons. He picked up about 15-20 yards from his old (and I mean, old) set.

Man when they feel right for as long as these have you gotta bump the thread.

Ball striking has been immense this summer. Had 2 lessons locally, a small grip adjustment has just seen the ball flying. Tuesday I had a Par 3 180 and I was pin high with 7iron. 7iron!! Unheard of for me. My 7 was typically my 160 shot. Off the deck now if I have 170-75 I’m grabbing 7, it’s been great.

I hit the 21s and they’re nice but not worth it. $350 for my 19s to pay$1300 for exactly what? I’m hitting the 19s the best I have.

If anyone sees these on CPO for the savings. Jump on it.

I go back and forth between these pros and mp20. These are great irons!

These Pros may very well have been the last of their kind in this modern world, and they will be missed. Soon good.

Man when they feel right for as long as these have you gotta bump the thread.

Ball striking has been immense this summer. Had 2 lessons locally, a small grip adjustment has just seen the ball flying. Tuesday I had a Par 3 180 and I was pin high with 7iron. 7iron!! Unheard of for me. My 7 was typically my 160 shot. Off the deck now if I have 170-75 I’m grabbing 7, it’s been great.

I hit the 21s and they’re nice but not worth it. $350 for my 19s to pay$1300 for exactly what? I’m hitting the 19s the best I have.

If anyone sees these on CPO for the savings. Jump on it.

The Apex '19 were easily one of the my favorite iron sets ever. Like in my case, they might get bumped for a little more forgiveness on one end, or slightly better feel on another end, or a need for a shaft change. But from top to bottom, they are one of the best packages of feel, forgiveness and playability I have played. Enjoy them.

I have some Callaway credit that I am going to use on a set of Apex '21 with Catalyst 100 or MMT 95. Fun irons, always.

For the past two days I’ve been testing two Apex 19 irons - the 7i and 8i. I found them on Callaway Pre-owned for a great price and picked them up for two reasons:

1. I’ve never hit a Callaway iron and I was supremely curious.
2. These are bent 2* flat and I was hoping that they’d help with my pull-hook.

The lofts are similar to my Mizuno MP-18 SC 6i and 7i, so they’ve been my comparisons.

First, holy these things are rocket launchers! The ball absolutely flies off the face! And second, my ball flight has been a beautiful, controlled draw.

They are a little louder than my Mizuno irons, but with this performance, I am completely happy!

Ball flight is definitely higher, but the comparative distances are astonishing. Tonight I hit both, just to see what I could get out of them for control and distance. I was hitting the 7i between 175 and 180 yards, with the 8i ending up 160 to 170 with a 75% swing. When I really went after the 7i, I somehow got it out there 206 yards! Everything landed in the fairway or on the green.

I am seriously considering finding the rest of a set and moving to these irons.

When I flushed the ApexPro they felt HOT and fabulous. As a high capper, they were above my pay grade on miss hits. But it was clear they are quality.

Do I dare sell my Apex 19 Smoke irons to get a set up of the Rogue ST irons? :oops:

I absolutely love these but I also really want to try these irons!

Do I dare sell my Apex 19 Smoke irons to get a set up of the Rogue ST irons? :oops:

Keep the old ones and buy another set. I mean, you are a THPer.

Do it!!! You’ve got a go to set already!

So tempted to snag a combo set of the apex smoke and smoke pros

Seeing this thread just reminds me of when I first saw these, and how the look spoke to me. Almost got a set off CPO a few times, but never pulled the trigger. Just a fantastic looking lineup.

I was having some issues with toe strikes on the 21 Apex pros so i put the 19 Apexs back in play tonight. they were so good!

They were going a full club further and on better lines.

Those clubs were so good. Especially the Apex Pros. Man it was hard to pry them out of rep and club pro bags. Made any excuse they could not to play the new ones. Lol

I still have my apex pro double dots and have decided to retire them out of them just being "special" with the extra groves and no face cup they are just awesome and very limited run. The TCBs are close on their level of awesome but these feel exactly like my mp20 mbs

20230316_155407.jpg

Any other year and there's $ Taper Double Dots would be walking out the door with me. I loved these clubs.

Love my '19's:love:unnamed.jpg

I still have my double dots. Love them. They feel better to me than the TCB's much softer like mizunos, instead a a firm forged feeling. I just need the little bit of extra spin I get from the TCB's vs double dots. But I will likely never sell the DD's because I like to go hit them and play rounds to feel like I have something special, the extra grooves and satin make them super rare feeling. Hahaha

New to this forum but feel like I have to share my find. I’ve been obsessing over these for a few years and it was nice to get my hands on a set of double dots!:love:

Attachments

• IMG_0763.jpeg
    IMG_0763.jpeg
    47 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_0762.jpeg
    IMG_0762.jpeg
    60.3 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_0761.jpeg
    IMG_0761.jpeg
    53.1 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_0807.jpeg
    IMG_0807.jpeg