Callaway Apex 19 and Apex Pro 19 Irons

These irons keep performing unreal for me too early to say it is my favourite all time iron . But if this continues that is a conversation we will need to have.
From 4-PW my confidence is really high . Able to hit any shot I’ve needed

The Apex Pro 19s with the Nippon 105s that I purchased from rogt arrives tomorrow.:):):):bananadance:

The Apex Pro 19s with the Nippon 105s that I purchased from rogt arrives tomorrow.:):):):bananadance:
You will love them. Let’s chat 😁

Post pics of those beauties let’s go!

Your lack of updates is disturbing..............

Your lack of updates is disturbing..............

Sorry, it's been raining here. I did do one range session and the heavier shafts compared to my gamers threw mea little. Then it was tee time so I went with my regular set and once again it's been raining.
It will probably take a couple of sessions before I become comfortable with the 105's. They do look gorgeous though. Roger kept them in excellent shape.

Sorry, it's been raining here. I did do one range session and the heavier shafts compared to my gamers threw mea little. Then it was tee time so I went with my regular set and once again it's been raining.
It will probably take a couple of sessions before I become comfortable with the 105's. They do look gorgeous though. Roger kept them in excellent shape.
Looking forward to hearing your thoughts! (y)

I just have to bump this thread because I walked in the door, looked to my right, and there they were. In all their glorious smoke beauty. I haven't been able to swing them or almost two weeks and it's killing me. They're just begging for the opportunity to show me, again, how freaking awesome they are and that they belong on page one. That's all. :cool:
The smoke is gorgeous! I have been loving them in the sim.

You are going to love them!

The smoke is gorgeous! I have been loving them in the sim.
They really really are. I was concerned about the durability of the finish when I first got them and, granted they aren't really a DBM finish, I've grown really fond of the fact that they aren't a BLACK finish. They're SMOKE. I absolutely love them. I think, right now, the only set that I would even remotely entertain the idea of replacing them with would be an Epic forged set. Those, due to price, have been unobtainium for me since their release. Not gonna lie, every time I see the set that @Wildcat4life has I drool a little. But then I glance over at my own bag with that "not too shabby" little nod. I absolutely love these clubs, man.

Someone is going to have to come up with something awfully special to make me even consider a switch. Barring an entry into an experience, I really don't even consider it a viable reality right now. I've got too much invested financially and emotionally in these sticks. The Smoke Apex was my unicorn from the moment they were announced. Price and lefty availability were two obstacles that I had to be patient and wait for for a lot longer than I was comfortable with. When they finally showed up on CPO in the exact set make up that I was looking for (4-PW) I HAD to jump (I'd seen several that were 5 or 6-PW but I refuse to give up my 4i). I smile BIG every time I look at them. :love:

They really really are. I was concerned about the durability of the finish when I first got them and, granted they aren't really a DBM finish, I've grown really fond of the fact that they aren't a BLACK finish. They're SMOKE. I absolutely love them. I think, right now, the only set that I would even remotely entertain the idea of replacing them with would be an Epic forged set. Those, due to price, have been unobtainium for me since their release. Not gonna lie, every time I see the set that @Wildcat4life has I drool a little. But then I glance over at my own bag with that "not too shabby" little nod. I absolutely love these clubs, man.

Someone is going to have to come up with something awfully special to make me even consider a switch. Barring an entry into an experience, I really don't even consider it a viable reality right now. I've got too much invested financially and emotionally in these sticks. The Smoke Apex was my unicorn from the moment they were announced. Price and lefty availability were two obstacles that I had to be patient and wait for for a lot longer than I was comfortable with. When they finally showed up on CPO in the exact set make up that I was looking for (4-PW) I HAD to jump (I'd seen several that were 5 or 6-PW but I refuse to give up my 4i). I smile BIG every time I look at them. :love:

They sound like true unicorns!

They sound like true unicorns!
The best part about when I got them was they were being sold as "like new" on CPO so when I ordered I expected the 7i at least to have some shop wear. When I got them they weren't "like new" they were "like, new". I pulled the plastic off of every single head and grip. I was in heaven!

I have been using the Apex Pro 5-AW in 2020 and they are returning for 2021. I absolutely love this set and have no desire to move on but I have been wanting to try a longer iron. I like having a fairway finding low flight that stays out of the Texas wind when it kicks up. I am more consistent with a steel shaft and I had a Nippon Modus120 4 iron shaft sitting in my closet waiting for a head. I found a like new CF19 non pro Apex iron on CPO for a great price and ordered it. I put it in play and found immediate success with it. The Apex 4 iron has a stronger loft and a bit more forgiveness than the Pro both of which are needed in this spot in the bag. I got some time to play with it on a launch monitor and this thing is a weapon.

20210103_130428.jpg

This was the first strike of the day and what a beauty it was. 205 carry and straight as a string.

20210103_130957.jpg

Five shots and they were all carbon copies of the first, STRIPES!! I had to adjust hosel settings on my Super Hybrid to get a bit more distance to gap with the new 4 iron. There are new and shiny irons coming from Callaway and other brands but I will not be entertaining any of them. This set is perfect for me and it will be in the bag all of 2021 and probably longer.

Last edited:
Anytime I walk by my bag in my office, I always pick up the 6 iron. It is the best looking to me of all the irons. Don’t know why, just what it is.

My Smoke Combo set must have learned its on the chopping block. Struck them really well today on the sim.

Haha They always know.

Hit some iron shots today that pretty much turned me on. Don't care if that's weird lol.
Always nice to experience flush contact multiple times per round instead of per year.

Striping iron shots in my tight pants.

Just a little friendly reminder for the yearly check up of lofts/lies.

Dropped mine off yesterday and 4 were off by no more than .5*, understandably after a 2020 with quite a bit of golf and practice.

More importantly wanted them to be precise since I'll be hitting them side by side next to the Apex 21s the following Saturday.

Can't put a price on peace of mind:cool:

Hi everyone - new to the forum here, based in the UK. I have a bit of a specific query that I can't find the answer to.

I recently picked up an Apex 19 Combo Set that I'm so happy with. Second hand but they look brand new. Part of the reason I got them was actually the glowing reviews of them on this thread - so thank you! The set is a 5-AW, so I need to find a 4 iron for it as I play down to a 4 iron and it's one of the better clubs in may bag usually.

I notice on Callaway Pre-Owned that there is the option to buy an actual proper Combo Set 4 iron, or a standard Callaway Apex 19 4 iron (from a non-combo set).

My question is, what is going to be the difference between the two? Is there any? I get that the Combo set has been re-tooled and has adjusted leading edges, lofts etc, but is that going to true of the 4 iron?? I assume thats more to do with the shorter irons where the "combo-ing" is actually taking place? A Combo-specific 4 iron seems like it would be much harder to come by.

Hi everyone - new to the forum here, based in the UK. I have a bit of a specific query that I can't find the answer to.

I recently picked up an Apex 19 Combo Set that I'm so happy with. Second hand but they look brand new. Part of the reason I got them was actually the glowing reviews of them on this thread - so thank you! The set is a 5-AW, so I need to find a 4 iron for it as I play down to a 4 iron and it's one of the better clubs in may bag usually.

I notice on Callaway Pre-Owned that there is the option to buy an actual proper Combo Set 4 iron, or a standard Callaway Apex 19 4 iron (from a non-combo set).

My question is, what is going to be the difference between the two? Is there any? I get that the Combo set has been re-tooled and has adjusted leading edges, lofts etc, but is that going to true of the 4 iron?? I assume thats more to do with the shorter irons where the "combo-ing" is actually taking place? A Combo-specific 4 iron seems like it would be much harder to come by.
Welcome to THP! I'm going to tag @JB, @Jman and @Canadan, as I'm guessing one of them may be able to help with your question.

Edit: @vgolfman would also be a fantastic resource for this question, if he happens to read it!

Ya know, I don’t know, but I don’t think it will be a difference other than difference that may be present.

First round since having the lofts/lies checked and we get 10 GIR! All 10 with an Apex iron or wedge. And some near misses just off the green!

Now I'm not attributing it only to the lofts/lies but it just felt right and confident that they're to my liking.

I was really surprised how close these and the Apex21's were on the Trackman, within 1-2 yards which was excellent.

If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

20210202_192449.jpg

So, odd thing. Putting together the last of my Apex 19 sets to pass on, and notice on this Apex Pro PW that the face is sort of ... collapsed in one spot. You can feel it pretty easily. I swear I had it happen on another one, maybe one of my 16's, but I can't remember. I think it was even a PW or AW. Disappointing though. Anyone else every had that happen?

View attachment 8991546

So, odd thing. Putting together the last of my Apex 19 sets to pass on, and notice on this Apex Pro PW that the face is sort of ... collapsed in one spot. You can feel it pretty easily. I swear I had it happen on another one, maybe one of my 16's, but I can't remember. I think it was even a PW or AW. Disappointing though. Anyone else every had that happen?

That sucks, I have heard of some faces on the Pro’s caving in though. I just checked my set and no issues. I’d give Callaway a call.

Back