907golfer12

Makin a comeback!
Reaction score
Handicap
Can you drive your self around? If you can do you have a car? Yes, what kind?

And to tie this to golf. Do you drive your self to golf, or do you get your parents to do it?

I cannot drive my self around, YET. I turn 16 in 49 days, and then I can. But I did buy a car about 2 months ago. It is a red 2008 Chevy Impala LS.

And once I get my license I will be driving myself to golf, unless I'm playing with my mom, then I will just go with her.

First time I couldn't take my test because my insurance stickers were on the wrong side of my license plate. Second time I automatically failed my drivers test for not coming to a complete stop at a stop sign.

I go take it again Nov 6th. (Round 3)

Wow, no complete stop? In Alaska, you just get like 2 points off or something like that, not fail. Wow. I take my test on December 13th.

Ya its really harsh. Good luck though. Do you guys do paralell parking in your test?

Yes we do

You live in Alaska, and you're not going to get something 4 wheel drive?!?!?!

Four wheel or four wheeled :banana:

In all seriousness, the impala handles well on the ice and snow

Alaska vehicles (at least the ones I think are freakin awesome!)

The Freak:
131_0703_01_z+moose_buggy+front_view.jpg

Moose Buggy (w/ Gin Poles to lift moose):
ak_meet_buggy_vert.jpg

Extra fancy moose buggy:
buggy12.jpg

There's even a group of folks up there that came down last year for the Baja 1000 that I met in Ensenada.

i got my license in june. no tickets or anything yet, so i am good to go. i drive an 04 jeep liberty. its perfect because its big enough, yet not huge and has 4 wheel drive

Alright so heres an update..

Weather was rediculous, it was literally hail, slush, and rain, and I managed to pass, once again aced paralell parking. I got 25 points off, but I GOT MY LICENSE!!! The instructor I had prior to me had failed everyone that day.

now to convince my parents to help me get a car...

Reactions: JB
Congrats.

I want to know how you "kids" have nice cars? I'm 26, married, living on my own, and drive a "beat up pickup truck". Wait never mind. I just figured it out. :smile: :banana:

Congrats on getting your license Dent. Good luck talking your parents into the car. Mine agreed after they told me to get a job. :sad:

I want to know how you "kids" have nice cars? I'm 26, married, living on my own, and drive a "beat up pickup truck". Wait never mind. I just figured it out. :smile: :banana:

Congrats on getting your license Dent. Good luck talking your parents into the car. Mine agreed after they told me to get a job. :sad:

Well, so far i got $1,500 and a job.. and it is still impossible.

Well, so far i got $1,500 and a job.. and it is still impossible.

That's enough to buy a car. My first car cost me $1,100. But then again I didn't want a new BMW either. (not that you are looking at one of those) You've got a good start. :banana:

Congrats Dent.

I remember my driving test, I had to drive with a hiway patrolman in the car; mounty hat, big pistol, big moustache, and all.

My deal with my folks to get a car was: Pass my Eagle Scout board of review, maintain a B average in school, and put up half the money for a car. I wanted an old 4x4 truck, I got an old Mazda that wouldn't keep up with traffic. It got stolen about a year later, and I've had 20 more vehicles since then...

Congrats Dent.

I remember my driving test, I had to drive with a hiway patrolman in the car; mounty hat, big pistol, big moustache, and all.

My deal with my folks to get a car was: Pass my Eagle Scout board of review, maintain a B average in school, and put up half the money for a car. I wanted an old 4x4 truck, I got an old Mazda that wouldn't keep up with traffic. It got stolen about a year later, and I've had 20 more vehicles since then...

haha... I am still driving my car from college (thanks mom and dad)... a 1996 Jeep Cherokee Sport. It has about 117K miles and is ready to handed to my younger brother. I have about 3500 in cash and am looking to get to 10K by June and then I am pulling the trigger on my first car. As of this moment, I have my eyes on a 2007/2008 Cadillac DTS Luxury II (figured 10 down, finance 10). I assume that a used model for 20 grand should get me something with under 30K on the sped. I also like the Volvo s80... who knows

2008 DTS - aftermarket chrome mesh grill sitting on Vogue tyres... whitewalls!
69b53ee74046387401f23f8b4fca8004.jpg

that is amazing! I really don't know what I want right now. Nothing really appeals to me. Any suggestions DD?

depends on your price range and what you value..

you can spend 17 - 19 grand and get a brand spanking new Ford, Toyota, Honda, Hyundai and you're going to have a car that will last you a LONG time, have a warantee, but it will lack that shine that you may like. essentially, you're getting a value but you won't look cool in that new Ford Fusion...

on the other hand, you could take that money and get a entry level luxury vehicle with higher miles (35,000 - 50K miles) but you'll have to deal with a vehicle that may out of warranty or coming close to leaving it. you'll look slick though!

12 days to my driver's test! :banana:

For those that haven't seen it this is my beauty, but I need to get a picture of the rear view window, its got a sick Oregon sticker! :smile: It used to say Oregon and then under it Golf, but the Golf sticker came off :angry:

DSC00394.jpg

12 days to my driver's test! :banana:

For those that haven't seen it this is my beauty, but I need to get a picture of the rear view window, its got a sick Oregon sticker! :smile: It used to say Oregon and then under it Golf, but the Golf sticker came off :angry:

DSC00394.jpg

looks pretty grandpaish there 907 :p ... kidding, nice car. Wish I could afford that.

that is amazing! I really don't know what I want right now. Nothing really appeals to me. Any suggestions DD?

I have a suggestion:

[YOUTUBE]eGs-T5FNAyc[/YOUTUBE]

Funny you mention the DTS DD, that car got me and a buddy kicked out of a Cadillac test drive event. They let us loose on an obstacle course and we broke the DTS loose and went spinning through a bunch of cones. Good thing that was at the end of the day. They never set any guidelines but I guess we crossed them. I did learn the DTS cant hit a hairpin at 60, the STS-V is a whole other story.

Congrats on the license Dent.

Funny you mention the DTS DD, that car got me and a buddy kicked out of a Cadillac test drive event. They let us loose on an obstacle course and we broke the DTS loose and went spinning through a bunch of cones. Good thing that was at the end of the day. They never set any guidelines but I guess we crossed them. I did learn the DTS cant hit a hairpin at 60, the STS-V is a whole other story.

Congrats on the license Dent.

STS V is the real deal, but I don't have 60 k lying around for an AMERICAN car haha

Back