TaylorMade Qi10 Drivers

Has anyone put the standard Qi10 to the Stealth(OG)? Only see comparisons to the Stealth2...
Thank you
Anyone? I can't believe I'm not able to locate this comparison...

Anyone? I can't believe I'm not able to locate this comparison...
I haven’t seen this actual comparison anywhere on the internet.

I haven’t seen this actual comparison anywhere on the internet.
Thank you @Tenputt
Neither have I or a write-up. I skipped the S2 as I didnt see much of a difference and the OG was a tad lower spin but do admit its temperamental.
So was looking for more insight on OG vs Qi10 standard.

1000056580.jpg

I've felt the same with everything I've seen.

So I’ve gone in and hit a few of the new drivers. I’ll preface this by saying that my path and AoA have gone awry this off season lol. I’ve been getting more and more from the inside the past few years. So my miss is typically a block or a low spin hook.

To remedy the hook I’ve been going with the most fade biased drivers I could find. They also tend to be the lowest spinning. And with the low spin hook miss, I decided that spin optimization above all else was going to be my focus.

I’ve kind of set out to test the Max drivers of the year. I also tried the Darkspeed LS since I currently have the LTDx LS. As expected, the darkspeed ls eas far too low spin for me. Was hitting big hook after big hook. Getting down into the 1300 range at times. It’s all my delivery. But, it’s easier to buy a higher spinning head than it is overhaul my swing.

I tried the G430 Max 10K. And like the Darkspeed, it was too low spin. I also couldn’t get it to launch very well. It was eliminated early.

Those I hit after the Qi10 Max.

I was at Scheels right before closing a couple weeks ago. They asked if they could help me with anything. I asked to just see the heads. They weren’t on the rack yet. The employee asked if I wanted to try it. So, he threw a Tensei Black 65X in the Qi10 max and without any warm up or stretching, just cold off the streets I started hitting. First swing was a perfect push draw. 2400 rpm. Next swing was the same. I never lost one left. And I never went over 3k spin. In the reviews I’ve seen this was supposed to be really high spinning. But, for me, with my path and delivery issues it seemed to be exactly what the doctor ordered.

I went in a couple of times after to confirm my findings before finally ordering the Qi10 Max.

In those sessions I tested the Darkspeed X, the Paradym AI Smoke Max, and the standard Qi10. The darkspeed X was just a triangular shape I could not get comfortable with. It wasn’t as consistent as the Qi10 Max either. A little lower spin with the low spin knuckle hook definitely making an appearance. The AI Smoke Max looked pretty good at address. I prefer the one color crown and the chevron looked weird on there. Like it was crammed in as an afterthought. Felt great and was better for me than the Darkspeed. But spin was too low and consistency suffered. Went back to the Qi10 Max and was back to hitting those push draws again. Just over and over.

With the added spin, the ball just seemed to hold its line so much better. Even on shots like below (last swing on last test session), the spin climbed a bit but still getting plenty of distance and that gorgeous push draw.

View attachment 9241095

A few shots from my first session. Again, zero warm up and this thing was so playable.

View attachment 9241091
View attachment 9241093

I dropped the loft down to 7° to see how spin was affected. I think as my path straightens out, I’ll be able to adjust the max accordingly to keep my spin where I want it. And that’s in the 2200-2800 range. I know I’m an amateur. So my spin window is large haha.

View attachment 9241094
I love this. We haven't talked in a while, but the Max for the fast guys is definitely not just a you thing. Max 9 X/TX is definitely happening out there.

So I’ve gone in and hit a few of the new drivers. I’ll preface this by saying that my path and AoA have gone awry this off season lol. I’ve been getting more and more from the inside the past few years. So my miss is typically a block or a low spin hook.

To remedy the hook I’ve been going with the most fade biased drivers I could find. They also tend to be the lowest spinning. And with the low spin hook miss, I decided that spin optimization above all else was going to be my focus.

I’ve kind of set out to test the Max drivers of the year. I also tried the Darkspeed LS since I currently have the LTDx LS. As expected, the darkspeed ls eas far too low spin for me. Was hitting big hook after big hook. Getting down into the 1300 range at times. It’s all my delivery. But, it’s easier to buy a higher spinning head than it is overhaul my swing.

I tried the G430 Max 10K. And like the Darkspeed, it was too low spin. I also couldn’t get it to launch very well. It was eliminated early.

Those I hit after the Qi10 Max.

I was at Scheels right before closing a couple weeks ago. They asked if they could help me with anything. I asked to just see the heads. They weren’t on the rack yet. The employee asked if I wanted to try it. So, he threw a Tensei Black 65X in the Qi10 max and without any warm up or stretching, just cold off the streets I started hitting. First swing was a perfect push draw. 2400 rpm. Next swing was the same. I never lost one left. And I never went over 3k spin. In the reviews I’ve seen this was supposed to be really high spinning. But, for me, with my path and delivery issues it seemed to be exactly what the doctor ordered.

I went in a couple of times after to confirm my findings before finally ordering the Qi10 Max.

In those sessions I tested the Darkspeed X, the Paradym AI Smoke Max, and the standard Qi10. The darkspeed X was just a triangular shape I could not get comfortable with. It wasn’t as consistent as the Qi10 Max either. A little lower spin with the low spin knuckle hook definitely making an appearance. The AI Smoke Max looked pretty good at address. I prefer the one color crown and the chevron looked weird on there. Like it was crammed in as an afterthought. Felt great and was better for me than the Darkspeed. But spin was too low and consistency suffered. Went back to the Qi10 Max and was back to hitting those push draws again. Just over and over.

With the added spin, the ball just seemed to hold its line so much better. Even on shots like below (last swing on last test session), the spin climbed a bit but still getting plenty of distance and that gorgeous push draw.

View attachment 9241095

A few shots from my first session. Again, zero warm up and this thing was so playable.

View attachment 9241091
View attachment 9241093

I dropped the loft down to 7° to see how spin was affected. I think as my path straightens out, I’ll be able to adjust the max accordingly to keep my spin where I want it. And that’s in the 2200-2800 range. I know I’m an amateur. So my spin window is large haha.

View attachment 9241094

In to out swing path that needs attention due to rusty winter swings..... check

6-7 degrees hitting up on the ball..... check

Low spin draws for days... check

Its like we're... only I can't hit 180.... yet! : )

brothers GIF

In to out swing path that needs attention due to rusty winter swings..... check

6-7 degrees hitting up on the ball..... check

Low spin draws for days... check

Its like we're... only I can't hit 180.... yet! : )

brothers GIF
You guys make me want to cry. 😂. I am bunting the ball around the course, trying to squeeze every last yard out of my meager swing and you guys are driving Ferraris.

For those of you who have hit both this head in the LS version and the Darkspeed LS, which one do you think is lower spin? I spent some time on TrackMan today. I was hitting a Darkspeed LS 9*, lofted up to 10* and the Qi10 LS 10.5* set at standard, with the sliding weight in the draw setting. I felt like when I made a good pass at the ball, the two heads were not far apart on spin. However, when I delivered the two heads in a way that the ratio of club path/face angle started creeping towards 1, the spin on the Darkspeed would dip several hundred rpm lower than the Qi10 LS. On the other side, the Qi10 LS spin would creep several hundred rpm higher if I left the face open.

Some of this could have been the shafts or maybe even the very small loft difference, but my impression is that the Darkspeed LS is lower spinning.

This is neither here nor there, but I sure enjoyed hitting the 10.5 Qi10 LS. Never played a TM driver. It's a contender.
I was fit into the 10.5* Qi10 LS which really surprised me. Me and TM drivers never seem to get along. It is definitely faster than my Rouge Max with a 5 MPH jump in ball speed and some good distance gains. The low spin is a good fit for me unless my hard left miss shows up and then the ball nose dives out the air like a Wile E Coyote ACME anvil.

Still debating the purchase as I like the fade bias of the Callaway TD but this one really outperformed everything in my fitting session

I wonder how well the qi10 and ping 10k drivers are selling so far?

I wonder how well the qi10 and ping 10k drivers are selling so far?
I was talking to the manager of my local shop today and he said that there is a lot of interest in all three of the TaylorMade releases, as well as Callaway. I don’t know what numbers that translates to for the Max, but the story is driving interest, at least in this single store that I frequent, LOL.

Hmmm…. Time to try a little experiment. I will report when I have finished.

I really enjoy the sound of Qi-10 especially with 2024 TP5x

11 of 12 last time out. And the 1 was a mystery disappearance. Complete weapon status for the current setup right now. Hit every shot I wanted.

There is a certain shaft that I have tipped with a TaylorMade adapter. Its name starts with an “A” and ends with and “x.”

Last edited:
Oh I forgot. I did hit one like ****. I forgot because it flew 315 to the center of the fairway. I'll upload that one.

Edit:

Last edited:
There is a certain shaft that I have tipped with a TaylorMade adapter. It’s name starts with an “A” and ends with and “x.”
The Big Bang Theory Sheldon GIF by LittleOmig

There is a certain shaft that I have tipped with a TaylorMade adapter. It’s name starts with an “A” and ends with and “x.”
Aldila NX(t)? Accra TZSIX? Au...... OHHHHHHHHHH

Has anyone seen a ladies qi10 in use? My wife plays TaylorMade drivers and this will probably replace the RBZ 2.

Oh I forgot. I did hit one like ****. I forgot because it flew 315 to the center of the fairway. I'll upload that one.

Edit:

1000057060.jpg

This ^ was from some robot testing across the face. Guess what loft head is in the that vid of the bomb toe shot I just quoted.

Back