Jman

Here for the Conversation
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
SOFTCAPPED
It seems like 2024 is marking a change for TaylorMade Golf. While they will certainly never lack for bravado, there is a much more subdued feeling coming from their newest driver release. This one feels like a committed internal goal to set a benchmark and achieve it. Specifically speaking, an MOI benchmark.

Continue reading...

This is the one I've been waiting for. I need to go test this thing ASAP against the other 2024 drivers I tested. I absolutely LOVE the looks of it. I hope it performs well for me.

Nice can't wait to see what you think of this one given your thoughts on the 2

definitely a more subdued story this year. i'm digging the shapes in the article and initial pictures i've seen floating around. not sure it's enough to justify a test, but i'm into it.

The MOI chase! Theme of the year. Lol

If you like gloss though these things are as clean over the ball as the Titleist, and with the blue face and alignment I think I actually like them better. That's saying a lot for me. The carbon wrapping to the face is fantastic. Even the bigger one looks pretty player.

1000053533.jpg
1000053532.jpg

Some good looking shaft options too.

1000053455.jpg

I've hit them and really enjoyed it. They're definitely in the mix. The LS is real low spin (but not the lowest I've seen this year) so it'll be a 10.5* for me in this. Turned down .75 just like I play the fairway has been good in testing. Protects left with the face open.

Last edited:
and with the blue face and alignment I think I actually like them better.
The blue face is REAAAAAAALLY doing it for me. Whole package looks great. I need to see this in hand immediately.

Hate the name, its awful. Love the blue face instead of red. The shaping and story is pretty good though and I have no doubt it will do well.

I wonder if the titanium frame being gone is gonna help the carbon face stay attached. They really need faces to stay attached this year.

I’m a little out on gloss black at the moment but that shape looks really good. I’ve always liked TM drivers but haven’t dipped my toe into any of the carbon faced models

Hate the name, its awful. Love the blue face instead of red. The shaping and story is pretty good though and I have no doubt it will do well.
I do think it might be a bit of a missed marketing opportunity for Chi-10 pronunciation...

"Driver is so good your buddies will swear you are Chi-10."

The Kid Mero Shock GIF by Desus & Mero

You don't say?! 😆

I wonder if the titanium frame being gone is gonna help the carbon face stay attached. They really need faces to stay attached this year.
Being honest, they aren’t outwardly acknowledging that still, which feels like a pretend it didn’t happen and it will go away thing.

They did sneak the tidbit in about redesigning the frame around the face to add flex capability and to improve durability, but that’s it.

It would have been nice for them to finally come out and acknowledge it.

That T+ really really intrigues me
I haven't spent time with that one yet. Trying not to aggro the newly built back. I'm curious to see how people get along with it though. Their S+ offering last year wasn't overly popular.

If you like gloss though these things are as clean over the ball as the Titleist, and with the blue face and alignment I think I actually like them better. That's saying a lot for me.

View attachment 9235339
View attachment 9235341

View attachment 9235337

I've hit them and really enjoyed it. They're definitely in the mix.
wow, SO good! how is the sound this year vs stealth? i really hated that stealth sound.

The name is terrible, hopefully the club performs better. While the story makes a lot of sense it doesn't have a lot of pop like other recent launches have had for me.

Appreciate those who have taken the time to read the article, a lot goes into those.

I actually like the looks, even with the larger footprint the ability to keep that same shaping and the way they’ve sloped the crown helps there a lot. I like the move to the blue face. I’m curious to hit them, as I always hit TM drivers well.

But, this is the first time in forever what we got wasn’t just them talking about their drivers compared to everyone else, perhaps getting knocked off that pedestal and changed some perspectives internally?

Being honest, they aren’t outwardly acknowledging that still, which feels like a pretend it didn’t happen and it will go away thing.

They did sneak the tidbit in about redesigning the frame around the face to add flex capability and to improve durability, but that’s it.

It would have been nice for them to finally come out and acknowledge it.
I think they honored the warranty and if they fixed it why not league l leave it in the past?

If you like gloss though these things are as clean over the ball as the Titleist, and with the blue face and alignment I think I actually like them better. That's saying a lot for me.

View attachment 9235339
View attachment 9235341

View attachment 9235337

I've hit them and really enjoyed it. They're definitely in the mix.
Man this is a REALLY good looking driver. I liked the looks of the Stealth 2, but this is a step up!

Appreciate those who have taken the time to read the article, a lot goes into those.

I actually like the looks, even with the larger footprint the ability to keep that same shaping and the way they’ve sloped the crown helps there a lot. I like the move to the blue face. I’m curious to hit them, as I always hit TM drivers well.

But, this is the first time in forever what we got wasn’t just them talking about their drivers compared to everyone else, perhaps getting knocked off that pedestal and changed some perspectives internally?
Great writeup BTW. That jump in the amount of carbon in the top of the head is insane!

I think they honored the warranty and if they fixed it why not league l leave it in the past?
They did, but I had a kid go through 3 Stealth 2 heads and 2 Stealth heads, it’s been an issue, even when they don’t acknowledge it. It’s a known problem, if you’re sticking with the exact same things, you should acknowledge and advance rather than advance and deny, or not advance at all.

wow, SO good! how is the sound this year vs stealth? i really hated that stealth sound.
Sitting here in the Club Champion Youtube live stream review to catch the sound. It just started.

Back