TaylorMade Qi10 Drivers

View attachment 9242488

This ^ was from some robot testing across the face. Guess what loft head is in the that vid of the bomb toe shot I just quoted.
That’s really interesting as a guy who frequently misses toe side I can one barely feel it when I do and two it still ends up pretty good.

Well, my session with the Qi10 LS and Autoflex was a bust. I had my highest swing speed that I have seen on TrackMan in the last 6 months. In addition, my average swing speed was about 1 mph faster than my average swing speed this evening with a more conventional shaft in a different head. However, the ball speed was 1 mph less than what I was seeing with the other head. The smash factor with the Autoflex shaft was 1.46, as compared to 1.48 with a traditional shaft. The bottom line is that my carry was one yard less and total distance was about three yards less. Even worse, though, the dispersion was horrible.

I had great success with the Autoflex in a different head last fall, so I will do some more work with it in the future, but for now, I couldn't take this combo out on the course and have any confidence.

I sold my LS. It was either feast or famine. Either looked like a prolific driver of the ball or a hacker, no in between.
What are you moving to?

I sold my LS. It was either feast or famine. Either looked like a prolific driver of the ball or a hacker, no in between.

I suspect that would be the case for most that dont stray too far off center…or they are just so high spin the LS gets them in that 2500-3k range where a miss hit isnt death.

If you’re a low spin guy and you have a miss strike here and there…. Prob a rough driver to have in the bag on a lack luster day.

For those of you who have hit both this head in the LS version and the Darkspeed LS, which one do you think is lower spin? I spent some time on TrackMan today. I was hitting a Darkspeed LS 9*, lofted up to 10* and the Qi10 LS 10.5* set at standard, with the sliding weight in the draw setting. I felt like when I made a good pass at the ball, the two heads were not far apart on spin. However, when I delivered the two heads in a way that the ratio of club path/face angle started creeping towards 1, the spin on the Darkspeed would dip several hundred rpm lower than the Qi10 LS. On the other side, the Qi10 LS spin would creep several hundred rpm higher if I left the face open.

Some of this could have been the shafts or maybe even the very small loft difference, but my impression is that the Darkspeed LS is lower spinning.
I consistently saw Darkspeed LS lower by 200rpm. Speed was very similar. Forgiveness wise I give the edge to Qi10 LS

If you’re a low spin guy and you have a miss strike here and there…. Prob a rough driver to have in the bag on a lack luster day.
I’m in that group, I’ve always worked on having the ball up in my stance and a positive AOA. Low Spin drivers are just too low spinning for me and end up awful. The drivers people complain about being high spin, the old Ping G400max, the new Qi10max are perfect for me.

I suspect that would be the case for most that dont stray too far off center…or they are just so high spin the LS gets them in that 2500-3k range where a miss hit isnt death.

It’s just Uber low spin. I played my best golf last year with tsr3 and 430lst. They were perfect.

Finally receiving my driver tomorrow!! Ordered the first day of pre-orders and feels like an eternity waiting but happy to hit head to head with TSR3 this weekend

Finally receiving my driver tomorrow!! Ordered the first day of pre-orders and feels like an eternity waiting but happy to hit head to head with TSR3 this weekend
Wow, that is kind of surprising that it took so long. Did you order an unusual shaft that was backordered?

Wow, that is kind of surprising that it took so long. Did you order an unusual shaft that was backordered?
yea ive always received my order direct from TM before they hit shelves....I dont think so. No upcharge Tensei AV White. stock grip

Hit the standard model again today before heading to pick up kids and while I’m sure it’ll rile some up, if I’m being totally honest, it’s just not as fast as other heads.

Talking to one of my guys at the store, he had similar thoughts too from what he had seen, which is interesting to say the least.

Looks great though.

Hit the standard model again today before heading to pick up kids and while I’m sure it’ll rile some up, if I’m being totally honest, it’s just not as fast as other heads.

Talking to one of my guys at the store, he had similar thoughts too from what he had seen, which is interesting to say the least.

Looks great though.
It does look good. I've heard some similar things on speed from some.

I have taken a total of 4 swings with it, so can’t offer anything there, but I believe @That post shared some data that supported that.

They look great, and I like the sound/feel, but they remain about 4th fastest for me, which is pretty unheard of when I’m hitting a TM driver in the past.

Looks great though.
I've long been a fan of TM drivers, this one just doesnt do it for me. Havent spent a great deal of time outside of hitting it in the store in the bay, but with SO many other good options out there, this isnt a pick for me.

I've long been a fan of TM drivers, this one just doesnt do it for me. Havent spent a great deal of time outside of hitting it in the store in the bay, but with SO many other good options out there, this isnt a pick for me.
I’m the same when it comes to driver, I always hit them well historically, always, this though reminds me of what Titleist had in the 917, looks great, pretty accurate, just not as fast as others out there.

I have taken a total of 4 swings with it, so can’t offer anything there, but I believe @That post shared some data that supported that.
Yeah, I do have some data on Qi-10 both up against Darkspeed X and Smoke AI and also have data with just Qi-10 with 3 different balls (Chrome Tour, Tour BX, and TP5x).

The ball speed I see with Qi-10 in my driver comparison video here is probably a little skewed based on it being the last one I swung that day and instead of being in the 95-96mph range, I averaged 93.3 mph with it and ball speed average of 141.4. I said in the video that I do wonder what kind of ball speeds I would have seen with it had I also been able to average 95-96 mph with it.

Later on, when I did the ball comparison testing I was swinging it consistently in the 95-96mph range and the ball speeds did jump up. The average ball speed was 143.15 between the 3 balls with TP5x producing the fastest ball speeds overall. That data is over in the Tour BX thread here if anyone is interested in checking it out.

I agree fully with @Jman on looks, sound and feel. It's a beauty that feels amazing. I wasn't a fan of the Stealth and Stealth 2 sound but I think TM nailed it with Qi sound.

I’m the same when it comes to driver, I always hit them well historically, always, this though reminds me of what Titleist had in the 917, looks great, pretty accurate, just not as fast as others out there.
Cobra seems to be the speed king this year..

Cobra seems to be the speed king this year..
It’s what I’ve seen, and my PGA SS has seen too.

For me, both Callaway and Srixon were faster than Qi10 as well.

It’s what I’ve seen, and my PGA SS has seen too.

For me, both Callaway and Srixon were faster than Qi10 as well.

I didn't see too far behind. But I think the Stealth 1 was faster.

I didn't see too far behind. But I think the Stealth 1 was faster.
It’s about 3 off on average for me, which is large.

Personal fit matters of course, but the numbers for me have been clear. I say as I was fully expecting to trade in for one as TM drivers have a history of working for me.

Back