Band of Brothers series

In 2008 or so we were gearing up to back over seas for another rotation. This time was Afghanistan. They sent our unit and detachment of rotary wing aviation to a small base outside of Helena Montana. The terrain matched closely to what we would see where we were going. During that time they brought in a few old gray beards from the 1st special services ( O.G.’s of special ops) and we got a real life band of brothers experience. We all gathered around hearing about war stories from WWII. Sitting on the floor listening to them talk. I cannot watch this series without thinking about those men, and what they went through. This show is as close as I have seen to that experience for me. If you are watching for the first or for the 50th time. This goes down as one of the best of all time at capturing that day I had on the floor listening to stories from old gray beards. Great show and worth every min you spend on the couch watching it.
incredible story. Thanks so much for sharing it with us, those conversations must have been truly remarkable.

In 2008 or so we were gearing up to back over seas for another rotation. This time was Afghanistan. They sent our unit and detachment of rotary wing aviation to a small base outside of Helena Montana. The terrain matched closely to what we would see where we were going. During that time they brought in a few old gray beards from the 1st special services ( O.G.’s of special ops) and we got a real life band of brothers experience. We all gathered around hearing about war stories from WWII. Sitting on the floor listening to them talk. I cannot watch this series without thinking about those men, and what they went through. This show is as close as I have seen to that experience for me. If you are watching for the first or for the 50th time. This goes down as one of the best of all time at capturing that day I had on the floor listening to stories from old gray beards. Great show and worth every min you spend on the couch watching it.
Very cool! Thank you.

I did. I really enjoyed that one, even though I am not a massive anime guy.
I am not either. But the story is very well done.

Watching this now, knowing modern military strategy with modern day tech is kind of crazy.

Just tossing grenades like candy right now.

He's the best.

Lewis did an incredible job.
He did fantastic. The really did a fantastic job with the whole cast.. Buck was perfect. Walburg was fantastic as Lipton. Whoever played Spears did great.

You will catch a few other big name cameos if you pay attention.

He did fantastic. The really did a fantastic job with the whole cast.. Buck was perfect. Walburg was fantastic as Lipton. Whoever played Spears did great.

You will catch a few other big name cameos if you pay attention.
Like Tom Hardy?

This is the best ever made for TV. I am watching Masters of the Air (3 episodes in) and it is good. But nothing can top the story of Easy Company.

I wish that “We Were Soldiers” was made into a miniseries like BOB, so I would know more of what my dad went through.

I think what makes BOB better than Pacific or Master of the Air are the interviews of the real life heroes.

Back