Clubs your not happy with

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
What clubs in your bag do you find yourself least happy with? You know the ones that each season or just recently you have thought about replacing.

3 wood for the most part

3 wood too, but mostly driver

Driver, year in, year out. This year I plan on finally replaicing it.

• Admin
Smallville,
You dont play with hybrids do you?

No I haven't ever tried them.

im not very fond of my 585h. i used to crush it but the way i am swinging now, it just doesn't seem to work. could be the shaft

im not very fond of my 585h. i used to crush it but the way i am swinging now, it just doesn't seem to work. could be the shaft

Are you thinking of the new Titleist hybrid, another brand, or a new shaft?

My driver/3 wood are not cutting it anymore! I'd like a more forgiving driver for next season. I'm tired of having to hit the titleist directly on the center of the face every time to get any distance out of this thing.

I also have an r7 425 TP... doesn't cut it either

Are you thinking of the new Titleist hybrid, another brand, or a new shaft?

probably going to keep the hybrid cuz the head is ok, i just need a new shaft cuz i hate the aldila nv thats in there. does anybody know of a good hybrid shaft?

Fairway woods, just seem to hook them badly. They really don't get used that much(probably part of the problem).

Definitely my putter(s). Which in turn leads to my putter ho'ing :banana:

I took all the 'defective' clubs out of my bag this season, and upgraded to shiny new Ping gear.

Now, sometimes those poor new clubs do have an off day, I can't fully expect them to work flawlessly all the time, can I?

Driver and putter would be the first two fired. Probably the putter first considering I have my eye on the new center shafted Scotty. My driver is going to get a second chance at life after I doctor her up with some lead tape.

Driver and putter would be the first two fired. Probably the putter first considering I have my eye on the new center shafted Scotty. My driver is going to get a second chance at life after I doctor her up with some lead tape.
Our small local shop has a couple of those new Scottys in, pretty nice club.

probably going to keep the hybrid cuz the head is ok, i just need a new shaft cuz i hate the aldila nv thats in there. does anybody know of a good hybrid shaft?

I saw the same hybrid as yours for sale in a pro shop recently with a V2 shaft. My Wilson Staff has a V2, so I gave the Titleist a try in the pro shop nets but the shaft was too stiff. My Wilson Staff's V2 is stiff flex but it is not a stiff (or heavy) as the V2 fitted to the Titleist. Having said that, if you get the right flex, I can't say enough good about the Pro Force V2.

This is an easy one, 3 & 5 woods, can't hit them at all. Usually I won't even take them out of the bag, I'd rather hit a 3 or 4 iron than try and hit a fairway wood.

Also not really feeling it with my putter, it's an old Dunlop from my first set of clubs.

I saw the same hybrid as yours for sale in a pro shop recently with a V2 shaft. My Wilson Staff has a V2, so I gave the Titleist a try in the pro shop nets but the shaft was too stiff. My Wilson Staff's V2 is stiff flex but it is not a stiff (or heavy) as the V2 fitted to the Titleist. Having said that, if you get the right flex, I can't say enough good about the Pro Force V2.

ok. well it looks like im going to get a v2 in my driver and hybrid. i haven't heard anything but good and i used to play a v2 highlaunch. plus it saves me a ton of money cuz the other option was a rombax

Bought a new Odyssey (scoprion) and loved it at the Golfsmith putting green but, on the course I can't get the ball close on a long putt. Went back to my 2-ball putter.

Driver I'm trying to convince myself that I need a new Driver, I really want one but don't wanna shell out the clams for a Str8 fit and can't decide which I want the round or square or 9.5* or 10.5* suggestions would be great!!

None, I am 100% happy with each & everyone of my clubs.

Maybe my 5 wood. I don't even use it anymore, and for some reason my hybrid goes just as far as it does. Thinking about getting a 3 wood to replace it.

Dyna,
Quick question about your setup. You have a GW from your set. I thought the one from that set was 52*. If that is the case, why carry the 53* and the 52*? Curiousity kills me with setups.

The 53º is currently in the backup bag with the Maruman irons, replaced it with a 58º Vokey that I picked up used for $20 & honestly have only used it maybe 3 times. I mix & match my setup all the time, have 6 different drivers that I swap out depending on my mood that day. Have 3-4-5 woods as well as 3-4-5 hybrids that get moved around as well.

Back