Band of Brothers series

My "Uncle" (family friend, not actual relative, always called him uncle anyway) was in the 508th PIR for D-Day. He was a bazooka man, but when they landed all scattered around, there was no bazooka in sight. So he had no weapon, in the dark, Germans all over. He finally found another US soldier - a Colonel from some other regiment, who had a pistol. They eventually found another trooper from another different unit with a rifle and the three of them snuck around all night trying to find more US troops until they finally did the next morning. Took him another day or two to find the main body of the 508th and get fully outfitted again once the landing zones had been cleared and supplies were coming ashore.

think of it more like an easter egg hunt now.

Also, I watched through episode 5 last night lmao
Mad man. I crashed during the middle of Episode 3.

Continuation of episode 3 is on.

Something about my Comcast account let me watch the 1st 4 episodes on HBO but switches to another provider I don’t have for the remaining episodes. #crappola

Something about my Comcast account let me watch the 1st 4 episodes on HBO but switches to another provider I don’t have for the remaining episodes. #crappola
Dont have Netflix?

Damn. Blithe.

Are you completely through the episode with Blithe?
No, he's at the Hospital and got his ONE purple heart compared to boil boy and his 3.

Pretty moving scene when he gained that courage and embraces being a soilder.
Spears speaking some reality into him wasn't enough, he needed Winters standing above his fox hole ripping lead.

Incredible scenes to convince him.

Spears speaking some reality into him wasn't enough, he needed Winters standing above his fox hole ripping lead.

Incredible scenes to convince him.
Absolutely. I'm a massive Damian Lewis fan, and love his role.

Laundry/Dry Cleaning scene to end it was rough.

And, Damn. Blithe.

That one rocked the tear ducts.

Done.

On to Episode 4.
Message to others - avoid this spoiler alert if you have not finished episode 3
Ambrose interviewed the guys of Easy. They never saw Blithe again after he left for the hospital and assumed he was dead. Ambrose took that as proof, but Blithe didn‘t die from that wound. He was sent stateside, recovered, served again in Korea (and maybe Vietnam??) and died from semi-natural causes in the 1960s while still on active duty in Europe. The book has been updated to accurately reflect this but the audio / visual stuff remains wrong.

Message to others - avoid this spoiler alert if you have not finished episode 3
Ambrose interviewed the guys of Easy. They never saw Blithe again after he left for the hospital and assumed he was dead. Ambrose took that as proof, but Blithe didn‘t die from that wound. He was sent stateside, recovered, served again in Korea (and maybe Vietnam??) and died from semi-natural causes in the 1960s while still on active duty in Europe. The book has been updated to accurately reflect this but the audio / visual stuff remains wrong.
Damn! Text said he never recovered from those wounds and died in 1948.

BLITHE! That makes me happy. I will have to do some research on him.

Thank you for that info.

Back