3h came in today.
IMG_8883.jpeg

I went with a MMT 70R shaft in this one. I have MMT 80S in the 5h. Want to get a feel for both and then I’ll reshaft one or the other to match.

Should be able to get on course with it on Sunday.

3h came in today.
View attachment 9244148

I went with a MMT 70R shaft in this one. I have MMT 80S in the 5h. Want to get a feel for both and then I’ll reshaft one or the other to match.

Should be able to get on course with it on Sunday.

i've got the mmt80s in my 21 king tec 3H and it feels great. used it off the tee twice today and went 219/220. with the 4H, i woulda had to roast it to get over 210.

i've got the mmt80s in my 21 king tec 3H and it feels great. used it off the tee twice today and went 219/220. with the 4H, i woulda had to roast it to get over 210.
I need more time with both MMT80s and the 70R to make a call. I’m not sure I’ll end up in either of them as I’ve been on eBay saving hybrid shafts all day today. 🤣

Love the MMT80

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The MMT 80S is such a great shaft and fit for me on the King Tec. It's just super consistent, loads easily and it's easy to feel in control of.

I use the MMT 105 in my irons and love them so I was excited to try it out on the hybrid.

Ok so update I DO NOT get along well with the MMT 70 its a definite no go. Jury is still out on the MMT80 it’s ok. I feel like I want to try something different.

I’m going to go on the hybrid shaft hunt I’ve got a few in my eBay watch list right now.

King Tec 3 and 5h got some work today.

I can say confidently that the MMT 70r shaft IS NOT IT.
The MMT 80s shaft that I have in the 5h is much better but I still don't love it.

The heads are great though. Sound good, the contact feels nice, ball explodes off the face. They are keepers for sure just need to find the right shaft matchup.

King Tec 3 and 5h got some work today.

I can say confidently that the MMT 70r shaft IS NOT IT.
The MMT 80s shaft that I have in the 5h is much better but I still don't love it.

The heads are great though. Sound good, the contact feels nice, ball explodes off the face. They are keepers for sure just need to find the right shaft matchup.
I wouldn't typically agree that the shaft makes that much difference but I have found that the KBS shafts are awful for me. I had the MMT 80S in one originally but in the hybrids they really didn't unlock for me until I went to the MMT 80X.

I wouldn't typically agree that the shaft makes that much difference but I have found that the KBS shafts are awful for me. I had the MMT 80S in one originally but it they hybrids really didn't unlock for me until I went to the MMT 80X.
For me, shafts are timing mechanisms and I need to find the right one that has the feel I'm looking for. It's always been like that for me. If I have the wrong feel in a shaft no matter if it's driver, iron, wedge, or hybrid my tempo gets out of whack and bad things happen. So the reason the MMT 70 is a definite no-go is that I find that I need to slow down a bit too much with it. The regular flex bends a little too much, especially with a heavier hybrid head on the end of it.

I'm confident with some tinkering I'll find a good shaft matchup for me. I've been gaming a Honma 757 hybrid that I started testing for THP a couple of years ago it's never left the bag because that Vizzard shaft they put in is a perfect feel for my swing. The search for that unicorn for these hybrids will continue and I think it'll be pretty fun.

The heads are phenomenal so once I find the right shaft matchup I'll be a really happy guy.

The MMT 80S is such a great shaft and fit for me on the King Tec. It's just super consistent, loads easily and it's easy to feel in control of.
Same shaft I have on all 3 of mine as well. Very happy with the feel and performance.

Hard consideration to putting the 24 back into the bag in place of my utility for a bit.

For me, shafts are timing mechanisms and I need to find the right one that has the feel I'm looking for. It's always been like that for me. If I have the wrong feel in a shaft no matter if it's driver, iron, wedge, or hybrid my tempo gets out of whack and bad things happen. So the reason the MMT 70 is a definite no-go is that I find that I need to slow down a bit too much with it. The regular flex bends a little too much, especially with a heavier hybrid head on the end of it.

I'm confident with some tinkering I'll find a good shaft matchup for me. I've been gaming a Honma 757 hybrid that I started testing for THP a couple of years ago it's never left the bag because that Vizzard shaft they put in is a perfect feel for my swing. The search for that unicorn for these hybrids will continue and I think it'll be pretty fun.

The heads are phenomenal so once I find the right shaft matchup I'll be a really happy guy.
That's how it is for me too with shafts. If I feel like I need to "wait" for the shaft or be overly smooth, I get all sorts of messed up.

MMT 80S and the Hzrdus Silver 70S are both good for me in that regard, even though the swing weight is different. I don't have to work the shaft, it works with me.

I've been able to play 3 of the past 4 days and I'm specifically finding reasons to pull the 3 and 5. Right now they need to have different swings put on them due to the shafts, nice and smooth for the 3h and a little quicker jerkier tempo for the 5h. But man they sound good and the ball EXPLODES off of these things!

Just got the 2h this thing is 10x easier to hit than my ping 425 2hybrid, why? Have the aldila 80x nv the green one, thinking if i should switch to the mmt 80x but im already hitting it so well

Just got the 2h this thing is 10x easier to hit than my ping 425 2hybrid, why? Have the aldila 80x nv the green one, thinking if i should switch to the mmt 80x but im already hitting it so well

I agree. I’m thinking of dropping my 425 3H for a 3H king tec.

I have the 4H and it’s just so easy to hit well.

I’m starting to really love these I’ve moved the heavy weights to middle and toe. That’s helping me not go left with them and instead enjoy a nice falling little 5y cut. But I can also put a draw swing on them and they don’t go off the planet.
View attachment copy_2746FEF1-1CF2-4074-BE88-D4538A53FA39.mov

I’m starting to really love these I’ve moved the heavy weights to middle and toe. That’s helping me not go left with them and instead enjoy a nice falling little 5y cut. But I can also put a draw swing on them and they don’t go off the planet.
View attachment 9246561
Yep, same weight set up for me and I love the adjustability with the club. I still play a slight draw with the KT but it really prevents that snap hook that really scares me.

Yep, same weight set up for me and I love the adjustability with the club. I still play a slight draw with the KT but it really prevents that snap hook that really scares me.
Having an adjustable hybrid is new to me so it's been fun playing around with the different weight options. They are great clubs I'm really enjoying my time with them. I didn't think the Honma 757 hybrid would ever find it's way out of the bag but I think it has. Once I find the shafts that let me not have to think about the swing I put on them they are going to be automatic weapons.

I have the 4h but i put it away and i have been using the ping g430 4h because i just liked the feel better but after hitting the 2h which i got to replace my 5 wood as a 230-250 fairway finder and seeing how easy it is to hit straight i might have to go back and test out the 4h again

So, the last half of 2023 the KING TEC 5H had found its way into the bag in place of my usual 4U that sits in the 23/24 range. Reasons were I wanted more HEIGHT off of the turf in that spot for the new home course, but hoped based on my time with the OG version that there would be ample sizzle off of the tee still that I could knock down in the wind when needed. It was indeed all of that.....so I took it out of the bag to start '24.

Listen, I'm a lunatic, I know that.

But, this week, I decided to bring it back out and mess with it on the SkyTrak+ and course as well because honestly, I hit it really well last year in that 215-220 carry range.

Visuals: These look so good. They're big, yes, but its a really underrated look overall. I think I prefer the original version a little, but that might be the nostalgia talking. Either way, this is clean, and it sets up neutral now compared to how open the OG was....and I loved that old look, hahaha.

Sound/Feel: CRISP. There is such a good sound off of these hybrids, its downright mean to be honest. Nothing loud, everything crunchy. From turf and tee, its addicting to hit for the sound feedback alone for me. It does also make me think back over my 12 years writing here to realize...I don't recall Cobra EVER making a hybrid that doesn't sound great.

On Course: SO high, but SO powerful. Yes, I have the 5H, which is 24 degrees of awesome in its standard adapter position for those of you reading along at home, and I love it. As I mentioned, I adore utility irons in that 4 spot which is usually 22 or so degrees, but here with the 24 I have found I get ALL of the ball speed from the utilities while adding apexes that reach into the 110-115 foot realm. Combo that with spin that sits in the 4000+ area for me, and you have a club that I can take aim at into greens from all lies. Bigger for me is I can work it, and I can hit it low off the tee. It honest to goodness makes more sense than the U for me right now, but we will see where ego takes me.

All in all, these are so fun and CRIMINALLY underrated from Cobra. I have the Nippon GOST in mine which adds to the iron-to-fairway blending capability, though it also CPM'd the other day at 292 which made me laugh uncomfortably and in fear....but.....it works!

I love the adjustability of these hybrids so much. I spent some time dialing in this afternoon at the SIM.

I think it turned out pretty good.

As I documented my 7W battles in that thread this evening, the UW is getting its crack back in the bag.

But, after posting my thoughts on the 24 and how it’s been since being back in the bag…..

What about a 19 in these instead?

Sometimes, I hate myself.

As I documented my 7W battles in that thread this evening, the UW is getting its crack back in the bag.

But, after posting my thoughts on the 24 and how it’s been since being back in the bag…..

What about a 19 in these instead?

Sometimes, I hate myself.
I've got the 4h and it's sooo good. Since I got it, it's remained the absolute favourite in the bag. Hit it again today at the sim and had my playing partners asking "what is that, it launches so high!".

Back