CONTEST Live Update Thread - The 2024 GOAT Cup with Callaway Golf

All the ball talk in this thread pushed me to go pick up some up a sleeve to try on the sim. They haven’t got them in yet but he gave me a sleeve of the tour x triple track to try out. View attachment 9248960

Make sure to play on course before judging, Finley was adamant about how NO sim or Trackman or anything around today can track full flight and aero all the way. All are estimated from an algorithm after a point (be it inches or many yards down range). 👍🏻

IMG_4541.jpeg

Hello Atlanta. One more leg. Maybe home a little past midnight. 🫠

Today’s match with Brennan swung against me on a shot. Both side by side in the fairway (gentleman’s agreement when both hit balls way right) 221 to the front. 235 to the pin. 2 club wind into my face.

Pulled the Super Hybrid and gave it the big college try. Hits the front edge of the green and with its slope kicked it back in the bunker. 1 foot to the left it’s a very close putt with him in trouble. Changed the match with the half.
But you went for it, that's freaking awesome!

All the ball talk in this thread pushed me to go pick up some up a sleeve to try on the sim. They haven’t got them in yet but he gave me a sleeve of the tour x triple track to try out. View attachment 9248960
Let us know what you think, we all had the Chrome Tour in play.

Thanks everyone for following along! That was an absolute blast and would have been fun no matter what but it certainly helped I brought my A game 😊

The Ai Smoke Driver is an actual cheat code and luckily putting was above average for me these past few days!
Such a fun follow for us! Well done

Is that in dynamic handicapping @BigDill ?
Dynamic Handicapping is firmly against scramble scores, unless they are in the 40s. Then they immediately get calculated into your cap as an 18 hole round.

Last edited:
Such a great event to lead off the 2024 slate of THP events. Way to go Goat Cup participants! Thank you for bringing THP along.

Valiant effort by Team Finley but Team Brennan, the rooks that over 75% of the forum did not give a chance, showed up and GOT IT DONE!!!!! Way to bring home those rings.

@dmehrl23
@PiratePenguin
@Bunker Snot

Stick around this THP place for a while and keep engaging!

Does it really feel "harder" when hit? More spin around the greens ?

I missed the ending, so congrats to Team Brennan. Was a very fun follow and catching up on todays second 9 action.

Team Brennan with the upset! Congrats y'all!

Spent a good chunk of the evening getting caught up. What a great event. I'm bummed that I wasn't able to follow much of the live golf but read everything. Some great matches and the posting from the event was outstanding. Great job by everyone! Setting the bar high for experiences this year.

I played a quick round tonight (TPC Sawgrass). I liked the ball, good off the driver but possibly a bit too much spin with the irons. Feel was fantastic, a little firmer which I liked. Definitely will give a shot this spring and look forward to trying the Chrome tour. How does the new X compare to last years model? I have 3 boxes of the ‘G’ X’s to use this year

Make sure to play on course before judging, Finley was adamant about how NO sim or Trackman or anything around today can track full flight and aero all the way. All are estimated from an algorithm after a point (be it inches or many yards down range). 👍🏻
The CSX won hands down for me in the sim last year, but was way too easy to spin OB when struck poorly on the course.

That's solid advice there!

IMG_5213.jpegCongrats again to team Brennan and Mr Strawberry Pop Tart himself @MBrennanCG. What a battle…

This ole hillbilly from WV made his way to his third THP event and I can’t describe what it really means to me. I’m a bit odd to some and that’s okay. I’m me. I’ve been accepted here easier than most places. It’s an amazing place. I also managed to conquer a big demon this weekend that I dreaded so bad. If you don’t know you don’t need to but it’s over with. 😊💪🏻I catch a 5:20 to Atlanta so I have to keep moving. I’ll settle in and re-read the thread soon so if you get some strange likes or responses to your post it’s not because it’s done in real time.

THP…..Callaway Golf…. Dormie Network and all that is involved.

Thank you.

Last edited:
@JB has a pace and it isn't slow :LOL:
I hear this a lot, but say this as genuinely as I can with no ill intent or anything. We want people to enjoy themselves as much as possible.

We are on the first tee when the first round was about to begin. Tucker (pro there) and caddies are talking with some THPers and it was asked suggested time which they don’t really have. Said it was a sub 4 hour golf course or let’s say right at 4 hours.

So I don’t think 2.5 hours for 9 holes on pace for a smooth 5 hours would be considered acceptable. Neither did Briggs which came out to tell our group to hurry up because (we are holding up entire course).

Fortunately for us we finished in 4.5, but didn’t play the last 2-3 holes.

I am all for taking it all in and not rushing. Nobody wants to do that. I do think people need to be more ready however.

With that said I hope that pace speed up didn’t take away from anybody’s fun. We want people to have the greatest time possible.

Yes fluid modeling is incredibly complex but tracking the club through the swing is easy enough. I guess it’s what your after that matters.

At airport ready to head home and a long day of flying in front of me. What a fun few days and it was great meeting new THPers and playing Briggs Ranch.

At airport ready to head home and a long day of flying in front of me. What a fun few days and it was great meeting new THPers and playing Briggs Ranch.
Awesome time! I just boarded for the first leg of my flight. Rough weather my way so hopefully it’s smooth.

Back