54w and 58x for me. I’m contemplating a 58J or 58z but I’m not too sure which to try.

I think this is the most confident I've been in my wedges going in to this year. I took my 52* out and switched to a set wedge (11i). And now I'm rolling with a 56 12W and 60 8Z. I can do sooooooo much with the 60 and am incredibly comfortable with the 56 on full, half swings as well as what I NEED it for. Bunkers. Only having two, even though I'm not really going to change anything I do with them, is going to free me up a bit mentally. Don't ask my why, it's just a feeling I have right now. Less to worry about and more to just grab a club and go.

I spent over an hour just on chipping last night and have my touch back with the Jaws Raw 58z. That being said, part of the practice I switched to my 54* Jaws Full Toe and realize I should pull this more often. With the larger bounce and additional area on the toe there are many situations where I should be using it. The two compliment each other well in my bag but I need to learn to use them in the right situations and not always default to the 58 when chipping

Got a alittle time in with 54 on my short range yesterday. Unfortunately the turf was awful after two weeks of rain but it seemed even with the terrible turf I was slowly getting my game back post covid. I think what has been good is the S type are just really easy as far as getting the ball in the air and I seem to generate a lot of spin. On a par 3 course the other day I hit behind the pin and spun back 6 ft. I’m not sure I’ve seen that amount of spin from wedges in the past

I think my 54 wedge is gonna be deadly going into this season. I’ve been using it for all kinds of shots 100 yards and in practice wise and around the green with the chrome tour you can get massive spin and kill the ball on the green. Chipping has been an issue the last few years and I feel like my 54 might just be the key to fixing this and creating some easier up and downs. I think my 58 will be for more flop shots 40 yards.

I had a 38 yard pitch from the right rough for my third shot on a par 5 today. Hit the 54S, landed it on the green and it glanced off the pin, almost going in for an eagle. The 54S and my set AW get about 90% of the work from around the green, depending on what I want the ball to do. I try to keep my short game as simple as possible and not get too cute with things when I don't need to, it ends up saving me strokes in the long run.

54 only today but it’s getting hot 85 and in coming into this weekend tour event. Last year wedges were a killer and right now they look like a potential difference maker. Amazing how much dispersion has improved. Feels like every shot has been within 10-15 yards of each other on long pitches. That would absolutely deadly if that happens coming up. I left myself with too many tough putts last year that brought 3 putts into play. If my jaws translate from the practice rounds and range into the competition it could be really good day.

I am golfer and I have a confession to make: I don't practice my short game.

Now that I have that off my chest, I am happy to report that because of the 58* Z grind I have not felt this comfortable hitting out of the bunker in a long, long time. I am not getting the occasional chunked or thin shot I have over the last few years and with the soggy, thin grass we get here in the winter around the greens, I am finding myself much more comfortable hitting out of the bunker than trying to chip it.

I was happy with how the 54 and 58 played today! I love the new setup vs 50,56,60… I was nervous for short chips around the green but was happy with how it went. Conditions were wet but greens were rolling nicely for early season. I didn’t really have any chips I was displeased with where I got too much spin or it rolled out more than I expected … except on the very first whole when I was expecting the greens to roll as nicely as they did!

I absolutely love my Jaws 54/58. The 58 had some straight up awesome flop shots today out of the rough today including one over a bunker that back spinned to the hole. Getting compliments on my wedge game was a great development as my wedge game last year was absolutely awful. They were huge at my tour event today

I got the c grind which is also versatile but I want to see the differences between them!!
How are you liking the Z compared to the C? I think I very much want the C to try out now that I've been using the X.

I absolutely love my Jaws 54/58. The 58 had some straight up awesome flop shots today out of the rough today including one over a bunker that back spinned to the hole. Getting compliments on my wedge game was a great development as my wedge game last year was absolutely awful. They were huge at my tour event today
What were you gaming before the Jaws?

just a general question here......for those that have had them a few years. How soon do you think a replacement needs to happen? Having played almost exclusively Vokeys leading up to the switch a little over a year ago.......those seemed the wear faster then these. If thats possible.

Just curious i guess.

How are you liking the Z compared to the C? I think I very much want the C to try out now that I've been using the X.
Have not gotten a good chance to test the 2 against each other.. I mainly used the Z Saturday and it went pretty well. In wet conditions I was pleased with how both of them interacted with the turf. I did not feel like they dug in like crazy which can happen with muddier wet lies. I only used my 54C 1 time and it was my last full shot and on a wet fairway. I did not chunk it so I was happy with that.

Hit a lot of 50* wedges yesterday on the simulator, really trying to solidify that comfort level with a wedge I have never bagged previously. Its really strange having the spare wedge at the back end of the bag, and wanting to make sure that I don't just skip over it going from PW/AW and 54/58.

I figure if I can get that 50* working well for me this season, it could open some opportunities where I would normally need to be hitting partial shots (that maybe wouldn't be as successful.

At first I was really unsure about carrying the iron shafts into the wedges, being unfamiliar with the SteelFiber i95 shafts. The more I swing them though, and mess around with them, I am really liking the combination, and moreso liking the consistency having the same shafts top to bottom.

What shafts are you guys playing in your Jaws Raw wedges right now? Do they match your irons, or are you playing something different?

Played my season old wedges in a tourney this weekend.

I freaking adore the X grind.

It has me questioning ALL of my wedge *****-yness this offseason, why not just run it back with new grooves?

Hit a lot of 50* wedges yesterday on the simulator, really trying to solidify that comfort level with a wedge I have never bagged previously. Its really strange having the spare wedge at the back end of the bag, and wanting to make sure that I don't just skip over it going from PW/AW and 54/58.

I figure if I can get that 50* working well for me this season, it could open some opportunities where I would normally need to be hitting partial shots (that maybe wouldn't be as successful.

At first I was really unsure about carrying the iron shafts into the wedges, being unfamiliar with the SteelFiber i95 shafts. The more I swing them though, and mess around with them, I am really liking the combination, and moreso liking the consistency having the same shafts top to bottom.

What shafts are you guys playing in your Jaws Raw wedges right now? Do they match your irons, or are you playing something different?
I'm playing Dynamic Gold S400 in my wedges. I'm playing KBS Tour 130x in my irons. Did this based on the fitter's recommendations and am happy I went that way. He said going down a step in flex makes sense since I won't be using them for full swings very often.

Jaws RAW Wedges, how do they actually look when you haven't been outside hitting balls? Say if you had only hit them outside over the course of 2 days, almost 4 months ago?

I'll be honest, the aging on the faces, the patina if you will, shocked me. I had no idea that such little exposure to the elements back then, would make such a dramatic change in appearance.

50 degree
20240329_113926.jpg20240329_113600.jpg20240329_113531.jpg20240329_113750.jpg20240329_113759.jpg
54 degree
20240329_113836.jpg20240329_113858.jpg20240329_113904.jpg
58 degree
20240329_114018.jpg20240329_113953.jpg20240329_114000.jpg20240329_113942.jpg
Plenty of work to get that contact back into a better place, but fairly happy with a pattern that is fairly consistent if not off center lol.

just a general question here......for those that have had them a few years. How soon do you think a replacement needs to happen? Having played almost exclusively Vokeys leading up to the switch a little over a year ago.......those seemed the wear faster then these. If thats possible.

Just curious i guess.
I played my previous set of Jaws Raw for about 7 months (so around 65-70 rounds) last year, they still had plenty of life left in them. My new set from the Grandaddy have only been in play since December and only have about 40 rounds on them, so I don't have the time span you're looking for yet.

I live/play in a pretty arid environment and wipe my wedges down after virtually every shot, so they're not exposed to a lot of moisture for prolonged periods. Rust on the raw faces is very minimal for me - it's more of just a slight patina/discoloration from use than actual rust.

I chipped insanely good in my round today with my 58z. There wasn't a single bad chip the entire round.

Today was a bit of up and down day. Some good pitches into the green but maybe would have liked to put it a bit closer. Overall I feel like I’ve really been playing stronger after the switch to Jaws. Particularly from 30,40,50 yards I really sit on that 54 wedge. The wild thing is with the CT though I seem to get crazy spin very naturally so actually I tend to change my landing spot to account for lack of roll out. The highlight though today was two awful wedges shots that were all me but then draining it from the bunker from 15 ft after those shots. Ah golf lol.

I’ve been struggling a little lately with my wedge game. When I trust the club, they work amazing! When I let doubts enter my head, stupid things happen… Note to self - Callaway knows better than you, trust the club!

I was gaming Jaws Raw previously (a 56 and 60) but moved into a 54/58 during the Grandaddy. Frankly, I didn’t need the 60 and it never worked out quite as well as I’d hoped.

I’m so glad I made the switch to the 54/58! Much better lofts for my game all around.

54 is my 75-90 yard shot and 58 is for my 50 yards and in work. It’s a great balance between distance and spin

Here’s a shot I absolutely needed

IMG_9276.jpeg

It’s says 50 but it’s my 54 - exactly dialed in 3/4 shot for 70 yards and a 2 putt (grrr) par. But I knew my distances and that I could attack the green and hold it with the 54 and give myself a GIR and a look at birdie.

Even when I need to layup, I know I can easily get into position with these

IMG_9279.jpeg

Decent drive left me options but I wanted the safer layup route to get to a comfortable number. Again, smooth swing, great result

The one thing - only thing, I dislike about these is that the wedges are raw. I’m just generally not a fan of raw wedges, but beyond that - performance, sound, forgiveness - these tick all the boxes

IMG_9283.jpeg

IMG_9280.jpeg

IMG_9281.jpeg

First order of business tomorrow at practice is prepping for another wedge combine!

Going to try and put the Jaws Raw wedges to work and score a heck of a lot better than I did last week!

I can honestly say I have never been more confident with my wedges than I am with the 54x and 58J Jaws Raw in the bag. Distances are dialed in and if you give me a number I am coming within 1-2yds of hitting it. In the past I was known as a digger and hitting a lot of fat shots with my wedges and that hasn’t been the case with these.

The Jaws Raw wedges have been in the bag for about 4 months now. I’ve kept them pretty dry and wiped them down after using so haven’t seen hardly any rusting.

I’ve said it in here before, but I am so impressed with the 58 Z grind out of the sand. There was a time when I was really good out of the sand, but that was when I practiced on a regular basis. The Z grind has masked my imperfections out of the sand and given me a level of comfort I haven’t had in a while.

IMG_8949.jpegIMG_8950.jpeg

Back