I turned down a Masters ticket-am I crazy?

smgoldstein

2022 Goat Cupper
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Last minute invite for only Tuesday's practice round. Forecast is rain. Travel, lodging and cost crazy from Conneticut. I've been lucky enough to have gone to a few Masters so otherwise I would go. Still second guessing myself a bit.

I wouldn't go to a Tuesday practice round only either.....just given hassle and cost etc....I don't think you are crazy.

I would do it, just to say that I did - but I've never been; even if it was a practice round.

If you can afford it, and you wanted to go then it seems reasonable to go. If the costs would better be applied to something else though, then forget it since you've already been to it.

Not your first time, in the rain. I wouldn't go either.

Not crazy at all. Sounds like you made a great decision.

I really like the practice round scene. I spend more time at that kind of stuff. That said I'm kind of a weather wuss these days so no you're not crazy. Lol

Fortunately, I have been to Augusta twice. Cost and wether would factor in any decision regarding a late invite for me.

Even if it's first time, it's a Tuesday practice round, you gotta buy last minute tickets, pay crazy prices for hotels....can you even fly direct from Connecticut to Atlanta? Transit time is probably not fast

To watch dudes practice? This isn't Masters Sunday.

I'm out and i've never been to Augusta. You gotta get me weekend tickets to get MtlJeff out of bed

Used to go to practice rounds on the regular, fun, but not lifechanging if you have been before. Now, an actual tournament round, pass on that? That would be crazy.

Not in your situation, no.

Obviously weather is subject to change but even still a long day of traveling for a practice round. Wednesday might have been different cause the par 3 contest is kinda cool to see in person.

Nope. Totally understandable to skip this one. Especially since you’ve been.

Obviously weather is subject to change but even still a long day of traveling for a practice round. Wednesday might have been different cause the par 3 contest is kinda cool to see in person.
I've been to the Par 3. It's worth it if you ever have the chance.

I would never, ever turn down a chance to go to Augusta National.

Sounds like an understandable decision

As others have said, given the fact you've been previously I don't think it's a crazy decision. Someone like myself who's never been, I'd make it happen.

I turned down Sunday tickets this year. It's just not the kind of scene I'd enjoy. I would rather play a round that morning, hang out by or in the pool with the wife that afternoon, then sit at a bar with her in the evining, eat dinner and watch the last few holes.

The tix were in the neighborhood of $2K each - but that was not the deciding factor.

I would never turn down a free ticket to Augusta... but then again, I have never been....

Weather, costs, lots of travel involved, practice round? Meh, I'd pass too.

Could have taken it and made a mint, though...

I am fortunate that if I was to get in on the lottery or score a pass from work (CBS), accommodations wouldn't be an issue. If from work, I would score a room with the company. If lottery, then I have cousins who live close enough to be worth a drive each day. Just an overnight stay on the way there and back.

Yeah, I know- 43 years at the company and still can't score a pass or two. Like Hen's teeth to try and get in. And I even did the drawings for when they laid out the underground cabling conduits back in the 80's!!!

Back