SeeMore Putter Forum Testing Review Thread

Lol, guess I caught him at the right time.

Yeah I stupidly emailed him the week of a major. I will just resend my prior email to him.

By the way Hawk I am having the same issues in terms of leaving putts short on the course. I can make em all day long on the practice green.

This should be very interesting, I hope you post here often and keep us up on the progress. At a 3.2 hc I'm pretty excited to see how much help they can give you.

Same here,

I was about an 8 before my Seemore and now have it down to 6.4, I even shot 75 to be one shot off the lead after the first round of my club championship this past weekend and it was due to some clutch putting. I made a few long putts for par and my playing partners kept saying how well I was putting. Never have I considered myself a good putter before now.

This should be very interesting, I hope you post here often and keep us up on the progress. At a 3.2 hc I'm pretty excited to see how much help they can give you.

I plan too... It was the feedback from this thread that put me over the top and if Ted is nice enough to give me his personal time to get me fit correctly, I feel that I owe it to him as well as the THP members.

A little feedback about me... I'm a decent player I won my club championship last year and let it slip away from me on the final day back nine this year. My biggest strengths are length off the tee and I would say I'm a pretty good iron player. I make a lot of stress free pars, but not a lot of birdies... I will often leave myself 10-20ft birdie putts and rarely make them. But I will rarely 3 putt and I will make most of my putts inside 5ft. But those 15ft makable birdie putts are killing me! That's why I'm talking to Ted.

I think a large part of my problem is greenreading... I can also be inconsistent with hitting my line at times. So if I miss, is it because of a bad read or did I mishit it? If I made it, was because I misread it and mishit it?

What I'm hoping is that the SeeMore putter and philosophy to putting can make me more consistent. This way if I make or miss, I know why. If I know what I am doing wrong, I can correct it... Right now, most of the time I am unsure...

In talking to Ted I believe we've determined that the FGP is the putter I should be looking at. #oldschoolSeeMore

We're trying to finalize if I want to step up to the Black GunMetal mFGP CS (SEXY!) or pick up the less expensive FGP original. I'm definitely sticking with the Black color, I think RST stands out more against the black.
We're also trying to determine length... 34"-34.5". My gamer is a 33.5" now, but I also own a 34" putter so I sent Ted a video with me using that. He wants me to make a few small adjustments and send another video. I'm also going to head to Dick's tonight and check out a 34" and choke up a bit on a 35" and see what feels better with the adjusted SeeMore set-up.

In talking to Ted I believe we've determined that the FGP is the putter I should be looking at. #oldschoolSeeMore

We're trying to finalize if I want to step up to the Black GunMetal mFGP CS (SEXY!) or pick up the less expensive FGP original. I'm definitely sticking with the Black color, I think RST stands out more against the black.
We're also trying to determine length... 34"-34.5". My gamer is a 33.5" now, but I also own a 34" putter so I sent Ted a video with me using that. He wants me to make a few small adjustments and send another video. I'm also going to head to Dick's tonight and check out a 34" and choke up a bit on a 35" and see what feels better with the adjusted SeeMore set-up.

Good luck. I think you made solid choice. I have dropped nearly 2 strokes on my putting since changing to the SeeMore Si3... from just over 32 to 30.4. Oddly enough, my handicap has dropped about the same. :mohawk: Needless to say, I am very happy!

Very cool indeed. I love my Si3-black, just fits me well. I rearly ever look at the RST anymore unless I'm just having an off day. Seems as if my new stance from SM has me more on line as it is. Good luck.

I know a lot of you testers went with the Si line... partially because you were somewhat restricted. How do you guys feel about the insert?

Very, very soft yet responsive. The weight keeps me from distance problems of some short putts. The sightlines are fantastic IMO and the sound off the insert is very pleasing, not clicky.

edit: but a mallet or mid-mallet is not for everyone.

I know a lot of you testers went with the Si line... partially because you were somewhat restricted. How do you guys feel about the insert?

For me it was because I've always gamed an anser style putter and recently always had inserts. I really like the feel of the Si insert. It's very firm and has a really nice muted sound to my ear. It gives a really nice roll.

That being said, I tried a milled version of the anser style and needless to say my next putter will be a milled seemore. The feel was fantastic, a bit more solid than the insert IMO but without being harsh. I think the extra weight suited my stroke a bit more though.

Either way, they're great putters.

I'm really interested in their carbon DB4

I have always been partial to inserts, so my opinion is a little skewed. But... it reminds me alot of the oddysey inserts, which to me is good. The insert on the Si3 is a little firmer IMO to the Sabertooth insert I have. Very consistant and makes a good sound when the ball is struck.

It's official... I have my order in!
I stepped up to the Black Gunmetal mFGP CS... I was prepared to step up to the little higher price since I really feel I will benefit greatly with it in my bag. I have been adopting the SeeMore philosophy/set-up with my current putter and I have been more consistent and hitting my lines better. And with the RST it will be a lot easier finding a consistent set-up. So I wanted to have the putter that Ted and I thought would fit me best. I also LOVE the looks of this putter and so much in putting is confidence and looking at this beauty how can I not be a little more confident?

productimage-picture-mfgp-cs-gunmetal-165_jpg_607x607_q85.jpg

productimage-picture-mfgp-cs-gunmetal-162_jpg_607x607_q85.jpg

Ted said he was going to throw in the Triangulator and the Pat O'Brien DVD! I was ready to pay for them... AWESOME!!!

If you are looking for a putter, please do yourself a favor and PM SeeMorePutters and get started talking to Ted! This is the most thorough putter consultation I have ever had and we never met in person... I haven't even hit one putt with my new :seemore: and I am already more confident in this SeeMore than my current gamer.

*** Ted also wanted me to tell everyone 'Hi!' ***

I stepped up to the Black Gunmetal mFGP CS... I was prepared to step up to the little higher price since I really feel I will benefit greatly with it in my bag. I have been adopting the SeeMore philosophy/set-up with my current putter and I have been more consistent and hitting my lines better. And with the RST it will be a lot easier finding a consistent set-up. So I wanted to have the putter that Ted and I thought would fit me best. I also LOVE the looks of this putter and so much in putting is confidence and looking at this beauty how can I not be a little more confident?

Ted said he was going to throw in the Triangulator and the Pat O'Brien DVD! I was ready to pay for them... AWESOME!!!

If you are looking for a putter, please do yourself a favor and PM SeeMorePutters and get started talking to Ted! This is the most thorough putter consultation I have ever had and we never met in person... I haven't even hit one putt with my new :seemore: and I am already more confident in this SeeMore than my current gamer.

Congrats man!! Enjoy your new stick! And Hello to Ted!

Beautiful new putter - I would gladly roll that!!

Absolutely love the insert on the Si1. It's just about perfect. It's soft but not too soft.

Enjoy, Ted is great and was a big help when I got my seemore. I am loving my FGP2, once you get the distance feel down you're going to really benefit from this putter!

Putting was off this weekend. I was frustrated with my entire game and I feel like it effected my putting. Shot 83, 87 this weekend and my putting was below average. Had 3 - 3 putts in two rounds which is really bad for me. Had 34 and 33 putts in my two rounds with very few one putts. My irons were really putting pressure on my putter as I only had one birdie putt under 15 feet, which I missed. My driver and irons were pretty bad, and my putter was only slightly better than bad. To be honest, my putting wasn't that bad, but my green reading was awful! I hit the majority of my putts where I wanted, but mis read nearly everything. I swear I had a putt that I thought was nearly straight and it broke 2 feet. The greens were fast and had a ton of subtle undulation. I hadn't played these courses in years and it showed. Golf as a whole is really frustrating me right now as I feel I should be playing my best right now, yet I have regressed from a month ago. What a game! It's never easy!

Played 2 rounds this weekend. Shot 95 on Sat and 75 on Sunday(no typo!) and the putter was solid. Saturday was just one of those days where absolutely nothing was going right. I putted ok, but the greens on that course were less than stellar.

On Sunday, I played a course where the greens were stellar. My short game saved me. I had a lot of 1 putts as I was off the green by a bit or on the fringe. Off the fringe I use my putter with really good success. I had 5 birdies and they were all from 6-8 feet. I also had quite a few longer putts to save par or make bogey. I really enjoy having more confidence around the greens. Last season if I missed the green it was almost an automatic bogey unless I chipped it close. With less pressure on my chips and pitches (weak part of my game but I'm working on it.), I'm finding I'm getting better results! Despite struggling with GIR I stilled managed a 75 which tied my personal best!

I haven't been able to get the Seemore SB2 that I got to roll at the outing out of my mind since May. Been following this thread a bit and thank you all for the testing you've done.

Congrats Couldbeu, hope the new putter and instruction do wonders for your game.

This was quite the weekend for gold and I was almost glad to get back at my job search as I was pretty tired after that much golf, lol. It was all all scramble Sat/Sun and while we really didn't do all that well I felt like my putting was above average. We had a really tough time as a team getting close to the pin, but the SeeMore made its share of close putts and my lag putting was stellar. Ted's instructions have me back trusting the line and distance and I'm getting the ball to the hole once again, now I just wish a few of those long ones would drop, lol.

Thanks everyone for the encouragement! I just got my FedEx confirmation that my putter has shipped...

My plan is to get to know my putter a little bit and then send Ted a few videos to make sure I'm on track and then put some reps in and get into the SeeMore philosophy...
I plan on playing/practicing on Friday and then I have a Texas Scamble tournament on Sunday... I'll report back when I can...

I'm extremely excited!!!

That is awesome Couldbleu. I just had a bit of a revelation today. I was watching the DVD and I noticed that the one thing I was not doing was rounding my shoulders off. My shoulders were more slumping and the second I made the slight change my contact improved dramatically.

I noticed that the one thing I was not doing was rounding my shoulders off. My shoulders were more slumping

okay, I am confused. I always considered rounded shoulders to be slumping/slouching. Can you provide a description of the difference?

Thanks.

okay, I am confused. I always considered rounded shoulders to be slumping/slouching. Can you provide a description of the difference?

Thanks.

Mostly a matter of having them back farther so your chest is slightly out. Thats possibly the #1 part of the position thats tough for me to get into, but I do stay on line much better when I do, plus in time you can feel the release more pronounced.

Back