What is the quickest full round you have played?

Super_Dave79

Reaction score
Handicap
way2high
So for the sake of saving money, a couple of my buddies want to play tonight after work vs. playing on Sat. or Sun. when the prices are 2-3 times higher.

We are set to tee off @ 5:10 and I think the sun starts going fully down around 8:15. I'm worried its not enough time to finish a full 18 because I have never finished in under 4 hours......granted I've only played on the weekends when the courses are more backed up.

So do you fellow THP'ers think its possible to finish a full round in a little over 3 hours and what is the quickest round you have ever played?

If there is no one in front of you and you play quick you can get it done. I've played in 2 hours before but that was riding with no one in front of me.

I've played in 2 hours, but my usual pace on an open course is around 2:15 - 2:30. The extra time is usually spent hitting an extra ball here and there. Not counting it against my score, but still getting in a little extra practice as I play.

One factor to consider is how well everyone in the group plays. A particularly slow player or someone that is really hacking up the course (like I've been doing lately) can really slow a group down. However, a group that's hitting fairways and greens is gonna move around the course rather quickly.

In prior years, my usual MO was to arrive a little after dawn and play as a single, even on weekends. I would usually finish (riding) in a couple of hours. I was usually one of the first, if not the first, off. You and your buddies can try to get it done; riding and ready golf would be optimal.

Walking by myself I finished in just under 3 hrs. I could have been around 2:30 if I hadn't been behind a group for the last 4 holes....

My fastest was a few months ago. 1:52. Shot a 91.

I typically play (by myself) in 2 Hours 30 minutes (Par 72 - 6800 Yds) when walking (play at dawn before work). If I was riding, I could do in 2 hours or under. Whether or not you finish is going to be dependent on what is in front of you. At the courses in my area this is a BAD TIME to play as a lot of families, couples are out there for a casual round, teaching, etc (myself included). The reason the rates are lowered is because of the fact that you May Not Finish. Is this the first available time available for the "Twilight Rate". I was at two different courses this past weekend between 1-3 PM and the course was dead. That might be a better time to play.

That is plenty of time to play 18, even walking as long as you aren't stuck behind a lot of slow people. The plus side of it is late tee times you usually don't have as many people on the course, at least not on week nights. On weekends they might be a little more crowded.

You should be good with time. I play around the same time during the school year and have never had an issue.

Shortest round I ever played was as a twosome with an older gentleman and we finished in just under 3 hrs. - walking.

Once played by myself in a cart with nobody on the course in less than 2 hours.

So for the sake of saving money, a couple of my buddies want to play tonight after work vs. playing on Sat. or Sun. when the prices are 2-3 times higher.

We are set to tee off @ 5:10 and I think the sun starts going fully down around 8:15. I'm worried its not enough time to finish a full 18 because I have never finished in under 4 hours......granted I've only played on the weekends when the courses are more backed up.

So do you fellow THP'ers think its possible to finish a full round in a little over 3 hours and what is the quickest round you have ever played?
I walk an empty 9 with a push cart in an hour and half. If you are playing 3 or 4 guys walking, I am not sure how you can get done in 3 hours. Maybe if all of you hit all the FIR and GIR then it could be possible as long as the course is empty.

I can play an empty 9 in 1:15 or so. Our best 18 is probably just under 3 hours with 2 of us going out early in the morning.

A buddy and I have a tradition at a local course where we bounce around to open holes and play as fast as we can. We often play 27 holes under 3 hours.

Btw- both of us shoot far better scores playing quickly. If 18 holes was always 2.5 hours or less my handicap would be 5 points lower!!

Under 3 hours could be possible depending on the crowd and how much value you place on recovering balls hit in the deep rough. ;)

I hit about 2-2.5 hours once but was playing by myself with no one on the course

Thanks everyone for the input! We aren't low handicappers but it sounds like as long as we play ready golf, don't spend much time looking for lost soldiers and have a bit of luck on our side (that nobody is in front of us), it is gonna be very close.

Me and a mate have done a full round in under 2 hours
Beat that ! :)

I played in two hours about two weeks ago..it was too quick in the heat to be honest.

I have played 36 in under 4 hours. Was playing solo with a cart. Place was basically deserted at the time though....

I'm not the quickest golfer in the world, but I don't take too many shots, so playing alone I'm sure I could finish in like 2hours-ish.

France and myself just played a 3hr round this last weekend

Sometimes I will go to a local course before work and play 18. The guys there don't care if you tee off early, as long as you play. So I will try to get there at 6am and I can easily be done before 8am. It is nice on those days when I have a late start.

Back