Green Saver Divot Repair Tool Forum Testing Review

Spring concerns

Spring concerns

Hi Guys, Conor here again,

Thanks Tommy , I appreciate that.
On the spring Question I dont think you should have any worries there. It is also made from Stainless spring steel and will last for a long, long time. How long exactly I can't realy say but you should get years out of it. I can say that I've never had anyone come back with a busted one.

While I'm on the spring, if the pins do get dirty when your using it try drawing back the top with your thumb and letting it go so it snaps forward. This usually knocks any dirt off them.

One more thing that came up. It's actually €5.00 on E-bay. I had a bit of trouble with them for a while but I think it's all sorted now. God, but it's so hard to make contact with them when something goes wrong.

Any more worries, let me know.

Conor.

Hi Guys, Conor here again,

Thanks Tommy , I appreciate that.
On the spring Question I dont think you should have any worries there. It is also made from Stainless spring steel and will last for a long, long time. How long exactly I can't realy say but you should get years out of it. I can say that I've never had anyone come back with a busted one.

While I'm on the spring, if the pins do get dirty when your using it try drawing back the top with your thumb and letting it go so it snaps forward. This usually knocks any dirt off them.

One more thing that came up. It's actually €5.00 on E-bay. I had a bit of trouble with them for a while but I think it's all sorted now. God, but it's so hard to make contact with them when something goes wrong.

Any more worries, let me know.

Conor.

conor i have a question..... who was this product geared toward? i know with most products companies launch something with a target customer in mind. and as an avid golfer who loves the game and is more conventional, i find this product something like a lazy susan bag. in no way am i bashing your product because as this thread has shown, the green saver works. but it just seems to me to be more of a gimmick tool.

i hope you dont take this the wrong way because this is an honest question. thanks

+1 on dropping in and commenting Conor.
it's great to hear info from the inventor and know that you're interested in what all of us THPer's have to say about your product.
everyone here has already made some great reviews...looking forward to testing it for myself tonight and/or tomorrow.

conor i have a question..... who was this product geared toward? i know with most products companies launch something with a target customer in mind. and as an avid golfer who loves the game and is more conventional, i find this product something like a lazy susan bag. in no way am i bashing your product because as this thread has shown, the green saver works. but it just seems to me to be more of a gimmick tool.

i hope you dont take this the wrong way because this is an honest question. thanks

Even though I'm not Conor, as one of the testers, I'd like to chime in here.
I wouldn't classify the GreenSaver as a gimmick. IMO, making it gimmicky would be adding something useless to an already established product in an attempt to sell more than the original. Like, adding a key chain to a pitchfork style divot tool. Then, market that as being better than the original because you can connect to your set of keys. Who is gonna connect it to their keys since most golfers don't play with their keys in their pocket?
The GreenSaver is completely different in design, material and functionality from a typical divot tool.

As for the target customer, I can't speak for the company. The video seemed to be focused on the ease of use vs. a pitchfork type tool.
If half the people that either don't fix their ball marks, or repair them improperly get themselves a GreenSaver, I think it'll make for alot more happier golfers and greens keepers since the greens will be in alot better shape. The reviews are showing that the product works as advertised thus far.

Good post lemmiwinks. I gotta admit that I at first thought it was kind of gimmicky just on looks. But after using it yesterday this thing actually does the job and does it well. My wife really liked it a lot compared to the regular divot tool we both use for ease of use. She thought it was much easier to use this.

One thing I forgot to add was that the couple of times I had to mark my ball, the first time I put it down right side up and it was a little hard to find. The second time I put it down upside down (with the silver side up) and it was a lot easier to spot.

Connor, I too would like to thank you for dropping in and commenting.
It's great to hear from the inventor of a product that I have the honor of testing and reviewing.
I have to admit, when I first saw the tool, I thought that it would never work for me.
I also thought it would be one of those never ending worthless "Father's Day gifts" that moms help their kids pick out for dad.
Boy was I wrong on both cases!
I really like the tool and the more I use it, the more I am impressed at the quality of the repair job it does.
Thanks again!

I would also like the chime in that 30 seconds per green isn't much when you're fixing your ball mark, but it certainly adds up when you fix your's and 3 or 4 others as well. That's enough of a time difference that I can go the extra mile to kee the green's nice and still have plenty of time to line up and putt out without slowing the group behind me.

At least around here, most people don't fix their ball marks because they're trying to get off the green as fast as possible for the next group. If this tools lets them do both we're on to a winner. Frankly after seeing the reviews I wish some of my local courses would force people to use it.

I would also like the chime in that 30 seconds per green isn't much when you're fixing your ball mark, but it certainly adds up when you fix your's and 3 or 4 others as well. That's enough of a time difference that I can go the extra mile to kee the green's nice and still have plenty of time to line up and putt out without slowing the group behind me.

At least around here, most people don't fix their ball marks because they're trying to get off the green as fast as possible for the next group. If this tools lets them do both we're on to a winner. Frankly after seeing the reviews I wish some of my local courses would force people to use it.

I was actually thinking the same thing the other day: the idea is so great that there could be a way in the near future to mandate the use of something like this on golf courses around the country/world. Maybe the USGA could catch on or something...

---
- I wish golf was as easy as Tapatalk.

Gimmick

Gimmick

Hi philvedda.
No I do not take any offence to you calling it a gimmick although I would prefer to call it a gadget. That what this whole thing is about. People giving their honest opinion. It's not the first time that someone has said this to me but they usually change their mind after they have used it.

The original idea came to me after I got fed up fixing other peoples divots. Walk on to any green after a days golf and you'll see at least 5 to 10 unrepaired divots and a lot more badly repaired ones. The R&A over here estimate that over 90% of divot marks are either not repaired or are badly repaired.

As you know there is quite a bit of skill involved in doing it right with a two prong tool. How many times have you seen a guy just stick the prongs under the divot and leaver the ground up. This tears the roots and the grass on top dies. Just look at all the brown spots and exposed bits of soil on your greens and that's exactly what happened.

The whole idea behind the tool was that if I could make the job simpler, quicker with a tool that can't damage the green, then maybe it would encourage people to make more of an effort to fix their divots.

So who's my target customer. Well, I think anybody who cares for their greens and would like to leave them as they found them.

Hope this answers your questions.

conor.

Hi philvedda.
No I do not take any offence to you calling it a gimmick although I would prefer to call it a gadget. That what this whole thing is about. People giving their honest opinion. It's not the first time that someone has said this to me but they usually change their mind after they have used it.

The original idea came to me after I got fed up fixing other peoples divots. Walk on to any green after a days golf and you'll see at least 5 to 10 unrepaired divots and a lot more badly repaired ones. The R&A over here estimate that over 90% of divot marks are either not repaired or are badly repaired.

As you know there is quite a bit of skill involved in doing it right with a two prong tool. How many times have you seen a guy just stick the prongs under the divot and leaver the ground up. This tears the roots and the grass on top dies. Just look at all the brown spots and exposed bits of soil on your greens and that's exactly what happened.

The whole idea behind the tool was that if I could make the job simpler, quicker with a tool that can't damage the green, then maybe it would encourage people to make more of an effort to fix their divots.

So who's my target customer. Well, I think anybody who cares for their greens and would like to leave them as they found them.

conor.

thanks for responding. ive seen your product work and i hope a lot of people use it so all greens can start to look a lot better. but im pretty sure this product isnt for me

Hi philvedda.

conor.

What does it cost to actually get one here in the states. I saw on ebay. Total with shipping that is. Thanks Conner.

I played again today and used this again. I tried to take video while using it but it's hard to do both at the same time! I will post up the bad videos later, as they wanted me to be an alternate in the leagur tonight and I gotta leave soon. I just came home to feed the dogs and relax a little before I play again. It's HOT OUT!

What does it cost to actually get one here in the states. I saw on ebay. Total with shipping that is. Thanks Conner.

Hi,
It costs €5.00 and €3.50 for P&P. I can send up to 4 tools in the one envelope for that price. Obviously this price would come down if i had an american distributor. Anybody know anybody ?

conor.

Conor:

I have given your website information to the manager of Painted Hills in Kansas City, KS. He thinks it's too late to get in touch with you now but he said he liked how it looked and would run it by the management firm to see if they want to stock them here next year. Not sure how all that works, just a heads up.

Here are the videos I took today. One of them doesn't really show much but I left it because it's funny how I was trying but I wasn't showing anything! There were some times that I missed where I was aiming because I was looking to see if it was in the screen! It's not as difficult as it looks, and you can do a much better job if you aren't filming it while doing it! There are six videos, but only a total of about 90 seconds.

[video=youtube;-cYU0qx8MEs]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-cYU0qx8MEs[/video]

[video=youtube;-I8Foqxi6wg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-I8Foqxi6wg[/video]

[video=youtube;m-QdfJdXAz8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m-QdfJdXAz8[/video]

I'd have no chance to fix #6 correctly with a standard tool.

Nice vids.

Hmm. Smallville may have just changed my mind on this. That last one looked pretty nasty and he did a quick and pretty good job on it. I am reconsidering this.

Wow Smallville. I too was a skeptic and after seeing what you did in #6, I think that I will have to reconsider my first statement. Also since Conor has really stepped in and given us the breakdown in the materials that were used I think that really shows a lot about his commitment to his product.

The more I see this in action, the more I think it speed is less of a factor. The first videos appeared to be cumbersome and slow but I think that was attributed to a lack of experience and familiarity. To me, you dont need to be precise with it, and based on Smallvilles camera work, it appears the thing can operate pretty quickly. Jst work around in a circle and you're done. I think I might be ordering one to give it a go myself.

I was surprised as well how well it fixed the last one. I said earlier that I would let Jacqui have this one after I am done testing, but I will possibly get another one as well!

Played 9 more holes today but couldn't take any vids or pics because the course was clogged up. The greensaver did perform valliantly once again. I'm really starting to love this tool and believe that it could be a staple in any bag. It has become quicker and easier to use than a pitchfork. Anybody, not just casual golfers who can't fix ball marks well, needs to get this tool. I'll try to get some video tomorrow when I go play.

---
- I wish golf was as easy as Tapatalk.

Back