Welcome to THP!

Welcome

welcome to THP

Wow thanks everyone for the warm welcome! I can feel the love already :)

Welcome man! You dropped some serious cash on your bag! I want to visit Hong Kong after reading James Clavelle's books. I have been through the airport, but nothing more.

Haha don't we all love equipment shopping? I've been trying to justify it by saying that I didn't buy ANY clubs during the last 5 years or so... when my game doesn't go well, of course it's the equipment's fault and not mine! :p Yeah you should visit HK! Not during the Summer though, it's way too hot here! Best time to visit is around Christmas when the weather cooperates and most every shop have fire sales. Lots of festivities too!

Foon Ying wawa! Where in HK do you live? I lived there about 10 years ago. I love that place sooo much! I would love to play a round there, but come to think of it I never saw a golf course out there. Probably had to go to the back side of Hong Kong Island or the New Territories to find one. We are happy to have you here on THP!

Thanks! I live on the Kowloon side, and you're right there is only ONE public golf course in Sai Kung (in the N.T.), which is one of the reasons why I lost my drive to play when I moved back... I know a lot of people travel to mainland China (mostly to nearby Shenzhen) during the weekends to play. I think I'm gonna try doing that too.

I just flew through Hong Kong on my way back to Bangkok. We flew over what looked like an island with at least a 27 hole layout. Looked pretty nice. What is your favorite course there?

I think that's the public course I just mentioned! They actually have 54 holes and the green fees are somewhat reasonable (around USD 80/round for weekends) compared to the private country clubs here.... another reason it's hard for golf to really become a mainstream sport here. We're out of land!!

Welcome to the forum!

Back