ShackShaker

Lefty Launcher
Reaction score
Handicap
$60 would buy a whole bunch of Pringles that would seem to be able to do about the same thing. I'd very interested to hear a review from someone that has used it for golf though.

I have to break the ice and order it.

BTW: congrats on being picked for the Pro Combos. I ordered some after they posted the names haha.

I have to break the ice and order it.

BTW: congrats on being picked for the Pro Combos. I ordered some after they posted the names haha.

Nice. I can't wait to hear your thoughts on it.

Thanks. I can't wait to start testing out the Pro Combos.

That is steep for a mouth piece. Go to Walmart spend under $10 . I can see the benefit to golf game at $60 as opposed to 10. Good luck

Really strange concept here.. Not sure I'd ever even consider wearing a mouth guard while playing golf..

Be sure to fill us in on your thoughts dude!

I don't clench my jaw but I bite my lip like Padraig, it really hurts after a round but not bad enough to make me wear that.. that would totally throw me off while trying to play.

I'd love to try this but not sure of the price tag. I'm a clencher too so I should probably just get one

^^^^^^ I Tapped That ^^^^^^

my dentist keeps telling me I need this $600+ dental guard because I grind my teeth while sleeping. Ive thought about getting one of these instead but not sure if it would work the same way.

I would probably benefit from something like this. When I am not swinging well, it's because I'm tense and that tension is visible in my triceps, shoulders and neck. I try to chew gum to keep myself from clenching my jaw, but I'm not sure that I could use this thing.

my dentist keeps telling me I need this $600+ dental guard because I grind my teeth while sleeping. Ive thought about getting one of these instead but not sure if it would work the same way.
My dentist tells me this too, but never thought of this to help with that. It would be a less expensive option.

Never seen a need for it playing golf however.

I just couldnt imagine in a completely non-contact sport wearing a mouth guard. Just seems you would look awful funny

I just couldnt imagine in a completely non-contact sport wearing a mouth guard. Just seems you would look awful funny

No funnier than the look some people have on their face when dancing! :bananadance:

My dentist tells me this too, but never thought of this to help with that. It would be a less expensive option.

Never seen a need for it playing golf however.

It just seems like it would be awkward to sleep with this in your mouth all night. But I agree its a way less expensive option. I just had a crown done that she was telling might have been prevented with the guard thing.

And I would never wear one playing golf. That just seems strange. Maybe when I have to wear shoulder pads with it.

I was reminded of this product while reading a golf mag and looking at one of the fold-out swing sequences (of Tiger's Sean Foley swing). The look on his face at impact was full of tension and his jaw was clenched. I've never really considered what my mouth is doing at impact. I can't imagine this thing improving performance the way UnderArmour claims, but it is an interesting idea.

mouthpiece_HunterMahan_ss11_030811_collection_large1

Back