Where do you buy your golf equipment?

Where do you buy your golf equipment?

• Local Golf Course/Store

Votes: 11 13.1%
  • Local Golf Specific Store (Golf Galaxy, GolfSmith, etc)

Votes: 34 40.5%
  • Online Stores (TGW, Rockbottom, Discount Dans, etc)

Votes: 23 27.4%
  • Reputable Ebay Seller

Votes: 12 14.3%
  • Other

Votes: 4 4.8%

• Total voters
Spend most of my money at Dick's, but have found some deals at Sports Authority and Ebay.

Mom and pop shops are the only way to go imo. Their customer service is second to none, and if i need something they dont carry, they can get it at the same price as the big box stores. When I was looking to upgrade my irons, I was torn between three sets. They gave me all three sets to demo for ten days.

Most of my equipment is purchased online. (thanks blind9!!)

I buy from every thing in your poll every year. Local, on line, golf course, Ebay, big box stores, plus from club fitters that I know online.

Mostly online (not much local selection) and some @ Dick's.

I tend to go where the price is lowest or reasonable. I bought Cleveland Mashies at Golfsmith (discounted plus two free greens fees to local courses), a Cleveland Launcher 3-wood here from another THP member, and latest acquisition TM driver from e-bay (authorized TM dealer - checked with TM customer service to ensure it was "legit").

I'd consider giving some of my business to a local shop, but none are around, and golf club pro shops are WAY TOO expensive for my pocketbook.

Yep. I havent paid for a club in years. I almost got caught a few times, but since adding Benjigoga the ninja to my arsenal, I am BACK baby. Im quieter, sneakier, faster, better than ever. Those boys with r9 tips on their nunchuks better look out. I might try and lift it mid swing, they still wouldnt notice.

All of the above, plus I have started stealing stuff whenever I can. Mine and Thainers thread, "Equipment Stealing with Thainer and the Breeze" explains everything you need to know about sneaking away with a new wedge set.

I selected "online stores" but I usually buy pre-owned from those places (with good success so far). We don't really have golf specialty stores nearby (golfsmith, golf galaxy, etc.) but I can sometimes find a good deal with coupons at Dick's or Sports Authority. I see the need to support local stores but I can't pay full retail prices. I'm not the type to buy the latest and greatest, usually a couple of model years old is good enough for me.

Ddec will usually have me go to a local store to try the equipment but then it is bought from online store or ebay. For me if I buy it on ebay it is usually an online retailer that has and ebay store as well.

Wherever I can get a good deal. That may be Golfsmith, Golf Galaxy, a local golf store, or some golf e-retailer.

irons, wedges, 3 wood from American Golf
Driver, putter, utility and bag i got online
clothes etc are mostly american golf as well.

I've gotten pretty much all my clubs from Dicks and Golfsmith... The wrong places. My home course doesn't deal much equipment or do fittings, and I don't live anywhere near an Edwin Watts, Golf Etc, or any other good golf dealers. I've gotta find a good reliable source from here on out.

I would have picked all of the above if available, but, since I can't I went with eBay since I use it the most, I'm a true best price shopper on big-ticket items, just the way I am.

Locally I like golfsmith, the guys/girls that work there are really nice and helpful. Online I mostly go for reputable sellers on eBay.

Primarily from stores and THP'ers.

I buy from all over.... Many different websites, golf galaxy, golfsmith, Dicks, pro shops, the list for on and on!

Sent from my HTC Sensation 4G using Tapatalk

I've replaced my entire bag this year plus some so I have been busy buying. I purchased from everyone on the poll. I researched prices and went with the best deal. I also bought several used clubs online that arrived looking brand new. Its been an experience learning about all the latest equipment.

I used to buy exclusively from the PGA Tour Superstore but since I moved to Tallahassee I buy mostly online at TGW or Golf Smith, but occasionally I buy at the local Edwin Watts.

eBay scares me. There is so much fake and stolen stuff out there. Why take a chance.

eBay scares me. There is so much fake and stolen stuff out there. Why take a chance.

Be cautious and you will be fine.. Never gotten anything fake from eBay all verified by their oem

eBay is so easy to use if you use it properly.

Yup, I've bought a lot of clubs of ebay for really good prices and always been satisfied.

I agree, once you've scanned over the "Official Counterfeit Thread"...fear began to set in. I posted a thread about a set of counterfeit TaylorMade R11 irons I received, but was lucky enough to get my $ back (face 2 face transaction). I looked online and found that I can have a "set of anything" shipped in from China for pennies on the dollar. Made me sick and scared at the same time.

Most of mine come from a reputable Ebay seller. Ive dealt a lot of with 3balls and globalgolf and havent gotten burnt yet (knock on wood). Im actually currently looking to buy a set of JPX-800s if the price is right.
I do buy some clubs from local golf shops but usually the deals on Ebay are so much better that it just doesnt make sense to buy locally.

I buy from where ever I get the best deal.

I tapped, I talked.

Back