iCaddi Golf Towel Review Thread

Mike,

Why isn't it possible? I just made a rough sketch of how it could work out . I'll attach the drawing it a second. Pretty much your taking the towel and putting it in thirds. You keep the water packet in the middle with the dry on one end. With another dry art on the other side for the face/drying grips. It's not a pocket. But just another idea. Take a look...

F86A28D5-orig.jpg
Thank you lol ... i guess we both had the same idea i was doing the samething just now, hahahaha were trying to figure it out in our end as well. thanks you for all your support and love for the icaddi all of your feedback is appreciated.

A towel like that would be very interesting for sure. Like I have said numerous times I love the current iCaddi offering. The new one you gave us is awesome and I will be using it for a long time.

I am planning on trying to clean my grips with it today and we will see if it works like Mikey says it should.

Got my new ICaddi 2.0 today!

No pics yet, but several has been posted already.

Initial thoughts: The size is an improvement if you´re carrying your bag. Since I´m using a cart/trolley I can also see benefits from the longer version. The material feels softer and furrier, just as Mike said. I´m itching to get out and try this one. I hope I can get some playtime this weekend as I´m a bit swamped at work now.

Thank you Mike for the new Icaddi!!

Got my new ICaddi 2.0 today!

No pics yet, but several has been posted already.

Initial thoughts: The size is an improvement if you´re carrying your bag. Since I´m using a cart/trolley I can also see benefits from the longer version. The material feels softer and furrier, just as Mike said. I´m itching to get out and try this one. I hope I can get some playtime this weekend as I´m a bit swamped at work now.

Thank you Mike for the new Icaddi!!

sorry i coudlnt sent you the yellow one but hopfully you will enjoy it. looking forward on your thoughts on the new icaddi. thank you

After reading Mike's description of what the new iCaddi did I stumbled upon him mentioning that it could clean your grips also. This isnt something I had thought of the iCaddi being useful for, but I decided I would give it a go since I didnt have time to go to the golf course/driving range today.

I grabbed the iCaddi and my Approach and Pitching wedge and decided to go to work. Here are some pictures showing the before and after.

Spoiler
eb81d21a.jpg

before cleaning

Spoiler
56c38fa4.jpg

before again

Spoiler
79459fff.jpg

after cleaning

Spoiler
ad0142c3.jpg

after again

Notice anything? Me either. The iCaddi didnt make my clubs look much cleaner, but it did make them noticeably more tacky.

Ease of cleaning grips: C. This was very hard and somewhat awkward to do with the iCaddi. The pouch simply isn't big enough and the club gets stuck on the fabric when both wetting and drying the club.

Cleanliness: B. The club doesnt get really much cleaner when using the iCaddi, but I did notice a bit of dirt had been removed from the grip.

Tackiness: A. My grips are fairly new, only about 4 months old so they are still performing well, but after cleaning and drying these two grips I noticed a much tackier feeling on these two clubs compared to my others. I would use this method on the course if my grips began to get a bit slippery, because this really did work.

All in all the iCaddi isnt the most practical way to clean your grips (soap and water work much better), but if you grip begins to feel a bit slippery put it in the iCaddi and it will become much more tacky.

Although this doesnt do a great job of cleaning grips, Im not sure that is what it is supposed to do anyway. It really cleans the grooves and the face of the club and that is how I will continue to use it. If you are interested in an iCaddi PM Mike and he should be able to set you up with one. They would make great birthday presents or stocking stuffers... just saying :D

Just got my blue iCaddi v2 in the snail mail today. My preliminary impression, noticed the difference in the size (roughly 2 inches shorter) and the new material looks and feels a little more plush. Not sure if folks can discern the type of material through the pics or video's but it's kind of like the Sham Wow material. It's a tightly wound fiber and not like your average cotton dish rag.

I will be able to test this out Wed and then will be taking both versions of the ICaddi out this weekend for a long testing. 3+ of golf planned w/ the gang for our annual Fall trip.

Thanks mikeyshin for the opportunity to test the new version of the iCaddi.

I had a long break between classes today so I decided to hit the range. I have really been working on solid contact with my irons lately, so my iCaddi got a nice workout. So far I have compared the new vs. old iCaddi and the wet/dry towel vs the new iCaddi so I wondered what else I could do. While searching through my reviews I realized multiple times I had said how much time the iCaddi saves vs. a wet and dry towel combo so I decided to test it.

The Test: New and improved iCaddi vs. the Wet/Dry combo. Each towel gets 3 clubs and using my iPhone stopwatch with the help of my friend I would get the times for each and average them.

New and improved iCaddi:
58 degree Vokey: 10.2 seconds
Approach Wedge: 9.5 seconds
9 iron: 8.4 seconds
Average time: 9.36 Seconds

Wet/Dry towel combo:
PW: 20.3 seconds
8-iron: 19.8 seconds
7-iron: 22.4 seconds
Average Time: 20.83 seconds

On average the iCaddi saved me more than 11 seconds per cleaning of my club. This means that over 18 holes if you clean 2 clubs a hole the wet dry combo takes about 13 minutes per 18 whereas the iCaddi takes about 6 minutes. This means that you will spend less than half the time cleaning club with the iCaddi that you will with the wet/dry combo and as you have seen you will clean the clubs faster.

Now Im not sure if that time is inconsequential or not, but I do know that if you are trying to keep up pace of play that cleaning clubs in half the time can only help. I thought it was a worthwhile experiment and hopefully it will open some peoples eyes to how great this towel really is.

Pictures from today:

Spoiler
0eebe00f.jpg

58 degree wedge before cleaning

Spoiler
f918f50b.jpg

58 degree after cleaning (what may look like dirt is the grooves grinded down. The guy who had it before me experimented with deepening the grooves.

Spoiler
bc702526.jpg

approach wedge before cleaning

Spoiler
58c18f0c.jpg

approach wedge after cleaning

Spoiler
8cc22bac.jpg

9-iron before cleaning

Spoiler
d84e8d31.jpg

9-iron after cleaning

The iCaddi is continuing to impress me. Hope you guys consider the iCaddi when looking for a new towel

sorry i coudlnt sent you the yellow one but hopfully you will enjoy it. looking forward on your thoughts on the new icaddi. thank you

Mike, that´s really no problem. I like the baby-blue one you sent. I just mentioned the yellow one as it really jumps out at you. I think its good that the Icaddi come in so many different colors.

Support added on FB, Mike!

Oh, and nice going Bill - with adding the link to THP and the testing!

Just liked iCaddie on FB and added the THP testing link.

finally icaddi.com is open come check out our site and let me know what you think thank you

Looks great Mike! I think $19.99 for the Designers Choice towel is a great deal.

TH - you are a towel testing machine dude.

I agree, I think you´ll move some Icaddi´s for that price Mike.

TH - you are a towel testing machine dude.

Haha thanks Hawk. I really tried to exhaust every comparison of this towel I could think of. I am still searching for more ideas and if anyone has one I will gladly try it out for you. I hit the 9 hole par 3 today with two of my good friends who are big hacks, I will have some thoughts on the towel later this evening..

But seriously if anyone has any ideas or anything they want to see just let me know, that is what Im here for

I went to Fred Arbansas thinking that I was going to hit some range balls, but my buddies decided they would rather play the 9-hole par 3. While we were on the 3rd tee a guy playing alone came up and played with us. I chunked my 9-iron and immediately reached for the iCaddi. The guy asked, "What in the world is this thing."

I explained to him what it was and how I came upon it. At first he was skeptical, but I let him clean a club on it and he seemed really interested. I reffered him to THP and to the iCaddi website and said he would most likely be ordering one.

Awesome to see that we have the power to potentially influence people to buy stuff due to our testing. I really do love this iCaddi and now that the site is up I hope some of you will buy one.

I went to Fred Arbansas thinking that I was going to hit some range balls, but my buddies decided they would rather play the 9-hole par 3. While we were on the 3rd tee a guy playing alone came up and played with us. I chunked my 9-iron and immediately reached for the iCaddi. The guy asked, "What in the world is this thing."

I explained to him what it was and how I came upon it. At first he was skeptical, but I let him clean a club on it and he seemed really interested. I reffered him to THP and to the iCaddi website and said he would most likely be ordering one.

Awesome to see that we have the power to potentially influence people to buy stuff due to our testing. I really do love this iCaddi and now that the site is up I hope some of you will buy one.

Off topic: Was that the guy who just joined today??

On Topic: I know I've been slacking with reviews but the weather has been garbage all week and I'm going to try and find some dirty balls tomorrow and just clean them and see how well the iCaddi measures up with balls compared to clubs.

Off topic: Was that the guy who just joined today??

On Topic: I know I've been slacking with reviews but the weather has been garbage all week and I'm going to try and find some dirty balls tomorrow and just clean them and see how well the iCaddi measures up with balls compared to clubs.

Off topic: Was not. He is a good friend of mine from school

I just wanted to bump this thread for everybody to know that the iCaddie website is up an running. Here is the link to the website. iCaddie Website I think they are set at a great price. They are $19.99 for the shorter Designers version and $21.99 for the longer Players version. Go check out the site and put an order in for a great golf towel. You will not regret moving over the iCaddie system.

Whatsup THP, just got back from the range and thought id post some stuff. With the site being up hopefully some of you are pondering ordering this thing so I figured id make a video of how to get it ready before a round/range (at least the way I do it.)

Planned on shooting some video of the towel in action today but you will see from the second video the complications that were put on me.

Getting the towel ready

iCaddi test fail

Guys, seriously if you are pondering an iCaddi please buy one. Support a smaller company and I promise you wont regret the decision at all. This thing will save you so much time and hassle when it comes to cleaning your clubs during a round.

WOW! Already TH? wow.

Anyways I had a nice range session today with the new iCaddi and I still like how simple it is to use but the one thing I really don't like is how easy it is to get tangled up when in use and after. Am I the only one? I mean it does still get the job done and I love it but just the state after use is confusing and just gets tangled.

Back