Gezer

junior golfer
Reaction score
Handicap
ok i went to my local field to practise with penta,prov1x,bridgestone rx and s,e6 and an old wilsn staff ultra
and guess what.......
out of all them balls the ws was outperforming them on distance,flight and accuracy

why?

how does that work out oh and the e6 wasnt improving my fades or slices (when i had em)

thanks all and hopefully ill have some answers :D

ok i went to my local field to practise with penta,prov1x,bridgestone rx and s,e6 and an old wilsn staff ultra
and guess what.......
out of all them balls the ws was outperforming them on distance,flight and accuracy

why?

how does that work out oh and the e6 wasnt improving my fades or slices (when i had em)

Balls work differently for everyone. It could be that for your swing and game, the w/s fits in to it.

What kind of practice were you doing? Short game only? Were you able to hit driver?

Balls work differently for everyone. It could be that for your swing and game, the w/s fits in to it.

What kind of practice were you doing? Short game only? Were you able to hit driver?

Its the truth right there.

Its that corny old saying 'Different strokes for different folks' really. Just happy it seems you may be finding a ball that is good for you, besides, W/S puts out some good golf balls, nothing wrong with that at all.

yep its a long field 3 footy (soccer hehe) fields going across and some space between (roughly 300 yards to where it ends) i drive roughly 240-250 (could do 260 on a good day and with a fitted club)
not only far with my driver but far with my 8 and 7 iron
i knock the ball back (from where my drives finished) with a 7 iron (theres a step in between the frst and second field which makes driving up the fields hard and easier to hit them back)

Its the truth right there.

Its that corny old saying 'Different strokes for different folks' really. Just happy it seems you may be finding a ball that is good for you, besides, W/S puts out some good golf balls, nothing wrong with that at all.

just the fact that i got it from a practise balls (in our local coures they give us practise balls to use on the range for free)

and guess what.......

why?

Your ss is too slow maybe to compress the pentas, ProV and Rxs to get the most out of them. e6 should work pretty well distance wise. Try any ball labelled soft, Wilson Zip, TM Burner, brand is not that important, just look for soft and they will all give you better distance than the more expensive balls.

got a ss close to 97-100 (wont be much higher)
was on the monitor over a month ago and got 94 on heavy weight drivers (70 g)
and picked up a few mph since

all the others exept w/s were close (penta and v1x were close and straight,bridgestones fading more than the others still reaching the penta's though)
felt nicer to hit (and also the fact that it was free and no wories of loosing it)
felt i could rip it unlike the expensive balls

all the others exept w/s were close (penta and v1x were close and straight,bridgestones fading more than the others still reaching the penta's though)
felt nicer to hit (and also the fact that it was free and no wories of loosing it)
felt i could rip it unlike the expensive balls

Typically if you try to steer the ball you will lose it more often than if you just let it go. Not sure why one ball would curve differently for you than another. The higher spin balls, like the ProV, are actually harder for anyone to hit straight than the low spin balls, those will always go right or left less than the high spins if they are miss hit. Try the soft, they work pretty well, if they are too soft it will feel like you are hitting a marshmallow instead of a golf ball. It will feel like it is sticking to the club face a little at impact if the ball is too soft, if not then they should give you better distance and control both.

At 97-100 mph, you won't be fully compressing the Penta or ProV1X ball, and will lose some distance. But the B330RX should work well for that speed, and the e6 not too badly either.

And well, if you felt like you could "rip" the W/S ball and not the others, that's probably your best explanation to why it went further.

proV1X for me

Had soft feels and hated them
They just didnt go compared with v1x and the ad333 was better
Got one z star but I'm scared to use and loose it
If I let rip more often than not it'll fade/slice
I come out of it alot which is a big problem
I got more v1x and pentas than bridgestones (that could be a factor)
Not good that I lost a 330-s
Could've swapped it with my dads new fixs
How are they for a ball ?
Says recreational golfer on the box ,
Good for my sort of game
(rough guess will do)
Want to know as I tried getting one of them and he firmly said no
(just want to know if there is a point in truying)

Tappatalk on iPod 8g touch

Bump :)

bump for what?

Read from the part where bridgestone fixs are talked about

Had soft feels and hated them
They just didnt go compared with v1x and the ad333 was better
Got one z star but I'm scared to use and loose it
If I let rip more often than not it'll fade/slice
I come out of it alot which is a big problem
I got more v1x and pentas than bridgestones (that could be a factor)
Not good that I lost a 330-s
Could've swapped it with my dads new fixs
How are they for a ball ?
Says recreational golfer on the box ,
Good for my sort of game
(rough guess will do)
Want to know as I tried getting one of them and he firmly said no
(just want to know if there is a point in truying)

Hey man try using some punctuation and making paragraphs instead of half sentances on each line, Its really hard to read

Back