Range w/Miura, Cobra, etc...Tons of pics.

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Myself, TincupTampa, and our resident pro amollerud were all at the range today and were able to test out a few things that are currently being reviewed.
1. Miura Wedge
2. Training Aid
3. Cobra L5V
4. Nickent 4DX Pro Irons

Tons of pictures were taken and I will post a bunch up here as well as obviously in the reviews. Overall thoughts on Miura was the same. Amazing club face. Flat out fantastic. But if you are used to playing heavy wedges, this one could give you some trouble. Pics are being uploaded now and will have them in a few. The range was BEAT UP today, but was still a whole lot of fun.

Last edited:
  • Admin
Cobra L5V Pics....
We were able thanks to amollerud try this with many different shafts.

431298944_Ho22U-XL.jpg

431298794_29Ahe-XL.jpg

431299193_QXW4p-XL.jpg

431299106_xwe8b-XL.jpg

• Admin
Range and amollerud with Nickent Evolver
431299960_Hf2xT-XL.jpg

431299841_i5wN3-XL.jpg

431299732_ob6Qm-XL.jpg

431300061_MU3o4-XL.jpg

• Admin
Miura Wedge compared with my Nickent Arc Wedge
431292214_jTtVx-XL.jpg

431292070_qchjZ-XL.jpg

• Admin
Perfect Release Training Aid...Once again our resident pro was our guinea pig for the aid. He of course hit it perfectly like he does every shot it seems. He spoke about how for beginners or people struggling with coming over the top and outside in it could help. But he coaches on feel and would most likely not use it.
431296411_Pj7QF-XL.jpg

431296862_usksW-XL.jpg

431296522_hNgmX-XL.jpg

431297134_TCoWK-XL.jpg

431296627_MPBNo-XL.jpg

431296963_5J2e6-XL.jpg

Does the l5v offer interchangeable shafts or?

• Admin
At fitting it does. You pay for the head and the shaft that fits you best. It was a GREAT club. Ask TinCupTampa how well he hit that. I just want to say what a pleasure it is to watch someone like amollerud hit the ball. Its absurd how good he is, and how strong of a teacher he is. With a couple of tweaks he has most playing better than they ever have.

The new cobra swings itself... I honestly think I could sit in the cart and let it go over and tee off for me as I sat and watched. There are a few things I dont like about the club... but I get a very nice flight path out of it. Nice high 10 yard draw everytime... I cant do that with my driver. There were two settings on it... neutral and 1.5* closed... I got basically the same flight from both settings... obviously the closed setting was more forgiving for me as I tend to come a little over the top on my swing. But, I have to say if you dont feel like fixing your swing and want a piece of equipment to do it for you... this one will.

It was very soft. VERY VERY SOFT feeling.

There was one other thing I hit today that I really liked that JB didnt list... that was the Nickent 4dx Pro irons.

These setup very well and were very consistant for me. I only hit about 5 balls with an 8 iron but thats all I needed. All 5 shots were identical, felt great at impact, and were easy to work.

I actually like these better than the Nike's but I probably need to spend a little more time with both to make the call. If you are in the market for a forgiving players iron... these Nickents are worth a look. I would definately put them against my 57's and would imagine they could hold their own.

I forgot about that because I had no pictures. They are great clubs TCT. I am still deciding between them and the Nikes, but I love both.

whats the MSRP on the Miura? it's definitely something that can be a deal breaker... I have a feeling this is NOT a cheap wedge

whats the MSRP on the Miura? it's definitely something that can be a deal breaker... I have a feeling this is NOT a cheap wedge

160 give or take from what I have seen.

Great thread, JB. Thanks. On a completely non-substantive note, that driving range looks like it's designed to help you practice for a tourney on East Texas hard pan. I'm amazed at how well dressed everyone on the driving line is. Where are the guys in jeans and cargo shorts???

The range was actually really torn up due to a tournament that morning. But it is a nice course that the people around here are a little proud of. They dont let people out in jeans or tees. Even on the range.

The range was actually really torn up due to a tournament that morning. But it is a nice course that the people around here are a little proud of. They dont let people out in jeans or tees. Even on the range.

... we need ranges like that out here!

Yeah, I was just giving you a little jab. It's a very pretty range -- the trees changing colors and the fountains are very attractive. The best part of the picture, however, is the fact that so many are wearing shorts!

Yeah, I was just giving you a little jab. It's a very pretty range -- the trees changing colors and the fountains are very attractive. The best part of the picture, however, is the fact that so many are wearing shorts!

Its quite warm again today being about 68 degrees. Tonight will get down to 48. Im teeing off at 7am tomorrow, so it will be a little chilly.

Great thread, JB. Thanks. On a completely non-substantive note, that driving range looks like it's designed to help you practice for a tourney on East Texas hard pan. I'm amazed at how well dressed everyone on the driving line is. Where are the guys in jeans and cargo shorts???

He didnt show any pictures of me... I had on cargo shorts...lol.

But it is a nice course that the people around here are a little proud of. They dont let people out in jeans or tees. Even on the range.

i guess it should be expected, but thats how my country club is. they are strict about dress code which i personally like because i wont even go to the putting green without a collared shirt

The Miura wedge felt very very nice. It had a bit much bounce for me but is very playable. It is suprisingly light. I just wanted to add some info on the Cobra L5V driver. The shafts are in fact interchangable. When you by the club it comes with the shaft you were fit with. You can order additional shafts for the driver. There is some confusion about the face angle with this club so I thought that I would try and clarify. The shaft has 2 possible locations at install. The first position is labeled with a "0" which represents the "nuetral" position, and the "1" position which is 1 degree closed from the nuetral position. The club is set up differently based on the loft of the driver and are as follows. The 8.5* driver is .5* open in the nuetral position. The 9.5* driver is .5* closed in the nuetral position. The 10.5* driver is 1* closed in the neurtral position. The 11.5* driver is 2* closed in the neutral position. I hope this helps and makes sense.

Thanks amollerud. That will clear it up for everyone. The review on that club will be up in a few days.

Back