The Mock - Unacceptable?

DDBowdoin

Banned
Reaction score
Handicap
I have been a few clubs were mocks have been deemed unacceptable under their clothing policy... how does everyone here feel about that?

The argument could be extended to collared shirts that have a zipper front if you wanted to go even further.

Where do you cross the line with your fashion?

To me they are acceptable. I do not have an issue with them nor the zippered polos. I do not care for them like I do some of the other stuff, but they are okay with me.

Not a big fan of the mock, I always wear a collared shirt, whether it be a zip up or a button up. I usually wear nice pants or shorts no matter where I am playing

A step further... Shirt tucked in? To me, it is a must on the course. But others I understand do not feel the same way. In fact some of my shirts like SubSeventy are not even meant to be tucked in.

Not a big fan of the mock, I always wear a collared shirt, whether it be a zip up or a button up. I usually wear nice pants or shorts no matter where I am playing

yeah, I actually enjoy a nice mock... some of them are pretty nice if you go with a nice brand and color/fabric combination. I have some mocks from Greg Norman that go well with a nice pair of slacks. They are their playdry material so the shirt is pretty sharp. A nice cobalt blue with a pair of white slacks looks amazing...

A step further... Shirt tucked in? To me, it is a must on the course. But others I understand do not feel the same way. In fact some of my shirts like SubSeventy are not even meant to be tucked in.

oh man, absolutely! you're also talking to someone who will play with pants when its 98 degrees outside

Obviously Nike too, since Tiger has brought them back again.

Usually start out that way, but it won't stay tucked in long so I don't worry about it too much.

Obviously Nike too, since Tiger has brought them back again.

of course, although... Nike has a few mocks out there with some funky pattern going on so I always try and watch out for that.

this is considered a mock... sort of a hybrid going on

cfli-lakewhite.jpg

of course, although... Nike has a few mocks out there with some funky pattern going on so I always try and watch out for that.

this is considered a mock... sort of a hybrid going on

cfli-lakewhite.jpg

I have a couple that are in that "hybrid" range with the collar, but I always wear them folded down so I don't really consider it a "mock".

I have a couple that are in that "hybrid" range with the collar, but I always wear them folded down so I don't really consider it a "mock".

my style has partly been influenced by TJMaxx... I am definitely an aggressive and confident person but that's also pretty much the only stock that goes through there

... the best place to find lime green, orange, red pants!

And to think I thought your style was influenced by THP...hehe

And to think I thought your style was influenced by THP...hehe

haha... THP has opened my eyes to a lot of new brands!

Where do you cross the line with your fashion?

Cleavage.

(Seriously...) I wear mocks often and I think they look great. I know it may be different for girls than guys, but it may help. :smile:

Cleavage.

(Seriously...) I wear mocks often and I think they look great. I know it may be different for girls than guys, but it may help. :smile:

haha that is true Julie! how short can the skirt/skort go as well?

Only collared shirts for me. Not a fan of the mock. It's a t-shirt wannabe.

Cleavage.

It seems the rules for women are a lot more lax than they are for men. I personally can't wear the mock but that's because I don't like anything near my neck, I feel like I am suffocating.

I was actually planning to wear one out on Wednesday before this thread...think I still will. I love that shirt, good when you need just a touch of extra warmth and don't want to look too bundled.

mock/sweater combination... opinions?

2995672053_1f87a538c2_b.jpg

2995674765_5b140f9d42_b.jpg

Brighter colors....hehe

Back