Greetings from Seattle

mkrolewski

Reaction score
Handicap
Hi everyone:

I am 54 and live in Seattle, married, no kids, lots of dogs. I work for big pharma; mostly computers, software, and databases. Schooled in sciences and engineering. I am a bit too techie.

I have been playing about 5 years. I have started to play more, doubling the total number of lifetime rounds in the last year (2008). Still a high handicapper, with some potential lurking around the edges.

We are owners and breeders of show dogs -- mostly scottish terriers (mcvanscotties.com). My wife is the big show person, and an AKC judge. I am often the kennel help, chief sherpa, and infrequently, dog handler. We have lots of dogs around the house with the occasional litter of puppies. We travel all over the US and around the world with and for our dogs. Currently, one of our dogs is from Amsterdam. And my wife just completed a championship title on a scottish terrier we breed in that lives in Thailand.

I am an avid photographer. Mostly digital images using Nikon D70.( troublescottie.smugmug.com ). I have recently entered the world of medium format photography with Mamiya RB67 - a fully mechanical, non-electronic 120 (60x70mm) film camera. I am also working on developing portrait skills.

I have started to do some travelling and am trying to wed all these hobbies -- getting a round or two in each state and country that I travel, along with lots of pictures, and of course, a dog show or three.

Mike Krolewski

wow... Mike, welcome aboard!

bit of a photo guy myself... enjoy your time

Welcome to THP Mike.

Welcome aboard Mike.

Welcome aboard Mike. We use Smugmug for the site and I also use a Nikon. And we are all dog fans here.

Welcome to THP Mike. Sounds like you live quite an exciting life! I am jealous of all the traveling : ) And as JB said we are all dog lovers here.

Welcome to THP Mike. Sounds like you live quite an exciting life! I am jealous of all the traveling : ) And as JB said we are all dog lovers here.

same... traveling the world is high on my list!

Welcome Mike--plenty of techies, PNWers, and high handicappers here.

Okay, I'm the high handicapper. There are more of the others.

OK Claire, it's not like I'm scorching up the course with my stellar play.

OK Claire, it's not like I'm scorching up the course with my stellar play.

I thought the scorching was from your fat shots! :laugh:

Welcome to the site! I'll have to make sure I check out the scotties. And love Seattle, usually make it out there on business a few times a year.

Welcome to THP Mike, I recently joined myself and for the last couple of days have done nothing but visit all of the forum sites (tons of info at THP and the members are awesome).

Welcome...Just moved from Washington back to Arizona. I think you will love this site I know that I do........

Welcome to THP hope you enjoy!

Hi and welcome!

I checked out your dogs, very cool site there! I have a show quality pug...only 8 months but has potential. If nothing else he may be a good sire...stud? (I'll have to learn my lingo).

But hello and welcome!

(Glad to see a real new greeting, not some old greeting Smallville dug up to say "hello" to and boost his post count.)

Lots of great hobbies there! Particularly love the dogs -- here's mine, though he's not winning any shows anytime soon (and not just because poor goldens are unfairly discriminated against in the best of show rounds)...:

043qm7.jpg

What a handsome dog, and a great picture, WSE!

IMG_2967.jpg

Ah, gotta love dogs!

Oh Lord, another dog thread. And I get accused of threadjacking!

What a handsome dog, and a great picture, WSE!

IMG_2967.jpg

Ah, gotta love dogs!

I do hope that beautiful boy has a suitable name, like "Hercules" or "Sampson" or "Chronos" or "Thor" or "Cerebus" or something of equal grandeur and potency!

I do hope that beautiful boy has a suitable name, like "Hercules" or "Sampson" or "Chronos" or "Thor" or "Cerebus" or something of equal grandeur and potency!

He's Winston. So I guess the grandeur and potency depends on your politics (and your opinion of his alcoholic, wastral son).

Back